Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v13.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Man if Shalunov is a late bloomer thatd be a nice treat. You don’t see too many forwards come into their own that late, but hey its not impossible.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Powers ($): Blackhawks prospect Philipp Kurashev prepares for next NHL season in Switzerland

Quote about the playoff experience: “I think for me it was actually really good, to get to practice and be around all those guys who won the Cup before and see how they handled the playoffs, how they are like in practice and the meals and everything,” Kurashev said. “I think I learned a lot and I think it can help me a lot for the future.”

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hagel is in the Thurgau lineup today in game vs. GCK Lions ...hebis on their 3rd line...

Game instead Period ....GCK up 2-0 ...as I pistvthus but Ouus Suter is not in theGCK lineup today.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Hagel in the lineup but no Suter. Looks like he already played his last game for GCK. I think he'll play NL soon, probably for the ZSC Lions.

Thurgau went into the game as the leader, GCK was 11th (of 12 teams) and without three of their best players (Pius Suter, his brother and Tyler Benson of the Edmonton Oilers). Somehow, Lions still won 3-0. Hagel with 4 shots, 3 of them on goal.

The two teams will play again on Sunday.

Reactions: Muffinalt

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Carlsson, Beaudin or Kalynuk: seeking informed opinions on who has the highest ceiling and why? (beyond a rehash of well known facts). Honestly, they seem pretty similar to me, beside Beaudin is ~2 years younger, but I've only seen Carlsson, and that was just a few cameos.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Carlsson, Beaudin or Kalynuk: seeking informed opinions on who has the highest ceiling and why? (beyond a rehash of well known facts). Honestly, they seem pretty similar to me, beside Beaudin is ~2 years younger, but I've only seen Carlsson, and that was just a few cameos.
Probably Kalynuk due to his skating.
Carlsson probably has the lowest ceiling of the three.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I would say:

1. Beaudin
2. Kalynuk
3. Carlsson

Beaudin and Kalynuk are probably close in that they have top 4 potential, but Beaudin is younger and has more time to shape his game.

Carlsson has bottom pair potential.

I think Beaudin has the highest IQ, and is the most reliable with how steady he is on the backend. Intelligent playmaker.

Kalynuk's speed and skating is pretty crazy and probably elite level, and that should make him an offensive threat.

Carlsson is pretty well rounded but not elite at anything.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
It appears Kayumov is only on the 4th line now for Lokomotiv...

Both today and the gane before that is where he was listed in the lineup...
Earlier this season he mostly was on the 3rd line but also had even a few games on the 2nd line and on the pp...

Now it seems they are only using him more limited roles on thec4th line ...

Do not know why hexwas sortvifcdemotrd...whether it was coaches not happy with his play OR others coming back from early season injuries and early on hexwas only filling for them in higher lines and rokes Or tgey justxwantedcti see if a differentv3rd line would be better?

Whatever tge case he and another 22 year old forward have dropped down a line to thec4th line...and a 2q year old and a24 yearold replaced the up on line3 tge lastc2 games..

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Thurgau went into the game as the leader, GCK was 11th (of 12 teams) and without three of their best players (Pius Suter, his brother and Tyler Benson of the Edmonton Oilers). Somehow, Lions still won 3-0. Hagel with 4 shots, 3 of them on goal.

The two teams will play again on Sunday.

Game under way. Hagel playing RW on top line with Jason Fritsche and Darcy Murphy.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hagel gets Thurgau"s 2nd goall...lead GCK Lions by 2-0...now game still in progress.

Anyone know why Suter not in GCK Lions lineup again 2nd straight game?

Injued?Vovid? OR rumor he is being transferrd to ZSC Lions in the top league(NLA)?

Elite Prospects website shows that as a rumor...but so far nothing confirmed.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Shalunov scors another goal (on PP) today but not enough as CSKA list to Dynamo Moscow 4-3

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hagel dod motvadd more scoring to his 1 goal but Thurgau win the game 3-2in OT..

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Hagel gets Thurgau"s 2nd goall...lead GCK Lions by 2-0...now game still in progress.

Anyone know why Suter not in GCK Lions lineup again 2nd straight game?

Injued?Vovid? OR rumor he is being transferrd to ZSC Lions in the top league(NLA)?

Elite Prospects website shows that as a rumor...but so far nothing confirmed.

You should read my posts:laugh:

Suter's loan expired already at the end of october. He was never expected to play for GCK Lions at this point. The plan was to move to Chicago these days. So Pius Suter not playing isn't the strange thing. His brother Kaj and Oilers loan Tyler Benson listed as absent in both games vs Thurgau is strange. Could be that those two are the covid cases and the reason why the team had to quarantine. Could also be that the ZSC Lions want all of them on the roster after the break. They won't play until saturday.

It wouldn't be a transfer though as it's the same system. GCK is the farm team of ZSC.

At the beginning of the season, the ZSC stated that they don't want any NHL loans because those players could be gone before christmas. I told you guys it's a situation to monitor though and I was right. Their start was very slow. Both coaches and management are very unhappy with the way the team is playing and Coach Grönborg started reducing minutes of numerous vets already. Last game vs Davos Grönborg used Fredrik Pettersson, winner of several gold medals with Swedish national teams and previously NLA and champions league topscorer, as 13th forward and only played him 2:58 at even strength. Knowing that Pettersson is leaving after the season and only scored 3 points in 11 games you wonder if he's pretty much done with the Lions. I've never seen a Coach use a foreigner (you're only allowed to dress 4 of them in the NL) as a 13th forward.

The rumor is indeed that Suter is gonna be with the ZSC after the break....they've changed their plan already when they took Rossi from Minnesota. It would make sense for the organization to promote Benson, too now that Pettersson is in Grönborg's dog house. What I don't get is why Kaj Suter was absent, too. He's one of GCK's top players and his contract is with the ZSC, not GCK. But he's had a very slow start to the season with just two points. He's done much better in the past.

Could be that they're promoting the entire trio or that the absences were covid related. Everybody is speculating at this point. But like I said, Suter wasn't expected to play for GCK in november. I thought he'd play on friday though where he was absent already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Giovi and Muffinalt

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yes...Chicago Blackhawks just formalized the loan of Pius Suter to ZSC Lions ...so hecwill nkwvpkay in the top league the NLA...

Reactions: bwana63

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
You should read my posts:laugh:

Suter's loan expired already at the end of october. He was never expected to play for GCK Lions at this point. The plan was to move to Chicago these days. So Pius Suter not playing isn't the strange thing. His brother Kaj and Oilers loan Tyler Benson listed as absent in both games vs Thurgau is strange. Could be that those two are the covid cases and the reason why the team had to quarantine. Could also be that the ZSC Lions want all of them on the roster after the break. They won't play until saturday.

It wouldn't be a transfer though as it's the same system. GCK is the farm team of ZSC.

At the beginning of the season, the ZSC stated that they don't want any NHL loans because those players could be gone before christmas. I told you guys it's a situation to monitor though and I was right. Their start was very slow. Both coaches and management are very unhappy with the way the team is playing and Coach Grönborg started reducing minutes of numerous vets already. Last game vs Davos Grönborg used Fredrik Pettersson, winner of several gold medals with Swedish national teams and previously NLA and champions league topscorer, as 13th forward and only played him 2:58 at even strength. Knowing that Pettersson is leaving after the season and only scored 3 points in 11 games you wonder if he's pretty much done with the Lions. I've never seen a Coach use a foreigner (you're only allowed to dress 4 of them in the NL) as a 13th forward.

The rumor is indeed that Suter is gonna be with the ZSC after the break....they've changed their plan already when they took Rossi from Minnesota. It would make sense for the organization to promote Benson, too now that Pettersson is in Grönborg's dog house. What I don't get is why Kaj Suter was absent, too. He's one of GCK's top players and his contract is with the ZSC, not GCK. But he's had a very slow start to the season with just two points. He's done much better in the past.

Could be that they're promoting the entire trio or that the absences were covid related. Everybody is speculating at this point. But like I said, Suter wasn't expected to play for GCK in november. I thought he'd play on friday though where he was absent already.
You seem pretty up-to-date on ZSCs team. You should drop some of your insights on the Minnesota page here and there so we can keep up with Rossi’s team

Reactions: Muffinalt

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You seem pretty up-to-date on ZSCs team. You should drop some of your insights on the Minnesota page here and there so we can keep up with Rossi’s team

The Minnesota board is the only board I'm not gonna post again. Well, maybe the Preds board but for a different reason:D
My (and other) posts disappearing on a regular basis. I don't know which mod it is and I reported it already but didn't get an answer. So, sadly, I'm done with that board. Not worth my time if there are entire pages just disappearing. Impossible to share info or even have discussions like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad