Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v13.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Donnerwetter, dieser Hagel! Wie ein 22-jähriger Kanadier dem HC Thurgau NHL-Glamour verleiht | St.Galler Tagblatt

Hagel expecting to get the call to return to Chicago in early December.

Calgary called Glenn Gawdin back after just one game.

I don't know. In my view it's a mistake to call players back. Let the guys play, at least those who want to play. I don't see NHL or AHL pulling off any sort of seasons anytime soon. If there's play, maybe some sort of local tournaments could be possible. But you can still get the guys back out of Europe anytime you need them and at the moment it doesn't look like any American or Canadian team is gonna need a lot of players anytime soon. I'd try to find spots in Europe for all prospects and leave them there until there are some actual confirmed AHL/NHL schedules.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Thurgau down to just 17 players today (you're allowed to dress 20). 14 players injured, absent or sick. Just one healthy Center (Fritsche) among them so Hagel centering top line again. Odd looking lineup with just 3 players listed as Centermen:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Attachments

• TeamRoster_20211115000119_20201121034356.pdf
    46.4 KB · Views: 2

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Donnerwetter, dieser Hagel! Wie ein 22-jähriger Kanadier dem HC Thurgau NHL-Glamour verleiht | St.Galler Tagblatt

Hagel expecting to get the call to return to Chicago in early December.

Calgary called Glenn Gawdin back after just one game.

I don't know. In my view it's a mistake to call players back. Let the guys play, at least those who want to play. I don't see NHL or AHL pulling off any sort of seasons anytime soon. If there's play, maybe some sort of local tournaments could be possible. But you can still get the guys back out of Europe anytime you need them and at the moment it doesn't look like any American or Canadian team is gonna need a lot of players anytime soon. I'd try to find spots in Europe for all prospects and leave them there until there are some actual confirmed AHL/NHL schedules.

Getting ready for mid December camp. Early to mid Jan start. With the Ahl starting in late Jan to early feb.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Getting ready for mid December camp. Early to mid Jan start. With the Ahl starting in late Jan to early feb.

With covid infections mounting, I believe it when I see it. Numbers trending downwards here in Switzerland and the schedule is a mess and it's entirely unsure how and when they can actually complete the season. That's a league of just one small country, with almost no travelling involved.

Also a lot more money in play and at stake in the NHL. Wish there would be play but I don't see it.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
With covid infections mounting, I believe it when I see it. Numbers trending downwards here in Switzerland and the schedule is a mess and it's entirely unsure how and when they can actually complete the season. That's a league of just one small country, with almost no travelling involved.

Also a lot more money in play and at stake in the NHL. Wish there would be play but I don't see it.

Money will make the league and schedule happen. No different then the other sports. More to lose by not playing.

Reactions: bwana63

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Suter with 1G/1A in a 5-3 win over Rapperswil. Hagel with 1 Goal in a 4-0 win vs Ticino Rockets. Once again, both guys playing Center.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Money will make the league and schedule happen. No different then the other sports. More to lose by not playing.

I've never cared much about the legal stuff but I'm not sure that's necessary the case. Certainly, somebody would need to pay if they wanna play because apparently the Batman is looking to save a shitload of money. Now they're still talking but I'm not as optimistic at others. A 82 game schedule is impossible already and if infection numbers keep going up you wonder if the players are really willing to risk their health for less money. The longer this takes, the less likely they're to play I guess.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I've never cared much about the legal stuff but I'm not sure that's necessary the case. Certainly, somebody would need to pay if they wanna play because apparently the Batman is looking to save a shitload of money. Now they're still talking but I'm not as optimistic at others. A 82 game schedule is impossible already and if infection numbers keep going up you wonder if the players are really willing to risk their health for less money. The longer this takes, the less likely they're to play I guess.

Tv money. And hockey is a sport that cannot afford a lost season. Players will have the opportunity to opt out. 82 games was never going to happen to begin with.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Tv money. And hockey is a sport that cannot afford a lost season. Players will have the opportunity to opt out. 82 games was never going to happen to begin with.

Also the NBA is coming back. The NHL cannot lag far behind or they will continue to lose market share. I live in the Toronto area and sure there are a lot of Leafs fans, but I know lots of folks who now have the Raps as their number one and it's more pronounced among the younger generations. I mean I don't think the Leafs are in danger, but there are markets where the NHL probably doesn't want to cede sports spending to the NBA.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Also the NBA is coming back. The NHL cannot lag far behind or they will continue to lose market share. I live in the Toronto area and sure there are a lot of Leafs fans, but I know lots of folks who now have the Raps as their number one and it's more pronounced among the younger generations. I mean I don't think the Leafs are in danger, but there are markets where the NHL probably doesn't want to cede sports spending to the NBA.

The Raptors can't even play in Toronto. If you have to relocate teams to play I think it would actually be better to just take a break and start preparing for next season.

Imagine relocating the Leafs to Tampa:laugh::laugh::laugh:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The Raptors can't even play in Toronto. If you have to relocate teams to play I think it would actually be better to just take a break and start preparing for next season.

Imagine relocating the Leafs to Tampa:laugh::laugh::laugh:

A team or teams are not going to just "take a break". Not when there are possible solutions.

If it came down to the Leafs playing outside Canada or not playing, they would 100% play somewhere else. Why? Money. Imagine thinking teams would not do whatever they could to make money....

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
A team or teams are not going to just "take a break". Not when there are possible solutions.

If it came down to the Leafs playing outside Canada or not playing, they would 100% play somewhere else. Why? Money. Imagine thinking teams would not do whatever they could to make money....

Teams need fans and players to make money. You think Leafs fans would be excited to cheer for the Tampa Leafs?:laugh::laugh::laugh:
That would cause lasting damage, I fear. Relocations always do. And again, the Batman is looking to save a shitload of money so teams actually earn anything. Or hopefully earn anything. Should the players say no to risking their health for even less than they already agreed on then there won't be any play. I've witnessed multiple lockouts already. If players are prepared to pass up playing opportunities then why would they be desperate to play now?

It's possible that there will be an agreement but I doubt it would make sense for everyone.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Teams need fans and players to make money. You think Leafs fans would be excited to cheer for the Tampa Leafs?:laugh::laugh::laugh:
That would cause lasting damage, I fear. Relocations always do. And again, the Batman is looking to save a shitload of money so teams actually earn anything. Or hopefully earn anything. Should the players say no to risking their health for even less than they already agreed on then there won't be any play. I've witnessed multiple lockouts already. If players are prepared to pass up playing opportunities then why would they be desperate to play now?

It's possible that there will be an agreement but I doubt it would make sense for everyone.

You are damn right they would cheer them. Remember when the Bears played at U of I? Nevermind, why would you as you are not a Chicago sports fan.

There would be little to no damage as they would be doing what they need to do to play hockey for the fans (and money). Leafs fans would cheer their team if they were the Littlerock Leafs as anyone with common sense knows that this would be a temporary move and not moving the whole franchise, this is how sports fandom works. You don't seem to get the situation as the team is not moving for good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pez68 and Section88

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You are damn right they would cheer them. Remember when the Bears played at U of I? Nevermind, why would you as you are not a Chicago sports fan.

There would be little to no damage as they would be doing what they need to do to play hockey for the fans. Leafs would cheer their team if they were the Littlerock Leafs as anyone with common sense knows that this would be a temporary move and not moving the whole franchise, this is how sports fandom works. You don't seem to get the situation as the team is not moving for good.

I do get it but do the arrogant Leafs fans get it? I doubt that. That would cause a shitstorm, especially if they move to an unpopular destination.
It would also piss certain players the f*** off, especially those Toronto natives who signed with the team just to be close from family and friends. In these times that's more important than ever.

Also, what happens to staff unable/unwilling to move? You make it sound like it wouldn't be a big deal but the Leafs aren't the Raptors. You don't relocate the Leafs, probably the biggest organization in hockey, without a major shitstorm. Be it temporarily or not:laugh:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I do get it but do the arrogant Leafs fans get it? I doubt that. That would cause a shitstorm, especially if they move to an unpopular destination.
It would also piss certain players the f*** off, especially those Toronto natives who signed with the team just to be close from family and friends. In these times that's more important than ever.

Also, what happens to staff unable/unwilling to move? You make it sound like it wouldn't be a big deal but the Leafs aren't the Raptors. You don't relocate the Leafs, probably the biggest organization in hockey, without a major shitstorm. Be it temporarily or not:laugh:

You don't get it if this is what you think and you are just assuming the Leafs fans would not either, sorry but they would. They are not playing a different in a new city just because, they are doing it due to extenuating circumstances.

The team would move the staff JUST LIKE THEY DID FOR THE PLAYOFFS.

You are making up a fake issue that is not there.

Reactions: ClydeLee

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You don't get it if this is what you think and you are just assuming the Leafs fans would not either, sorry but they would. They are not playing a different in a new city just because, they are doing it due to extenuating circumstances.

The team would move the staff JUST LIKE THEY DID FOR THE PLAYOFFS.

You are making up a fake issue that is not there.

Lol. No. I'm not a Leafs fan but I do know how Leafs fandom works. And you can't compare an NHL season (even though shortened) with a few games in the bubble. A season would include home games and full staff, not just limited bubble staff. And again. Would you be happy to leave your city during a pandemic? Maybe even the country? Leave family, friends behind or move them all? Again, many players signing with the Leafs for family reasons. Accepting less money to be at home. I can tell that it would piss me the f*** off. As a fan I wouldn't care but if I had to move my family or even move away from home and family, I'd be pissed.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Lol. No. I'm not a Leafs fan but I do know how Leafs fandom works. And you can't compare an NHL season (even though shortened) with a few games in the bubble. A season would include home games and full staff, not just limited bubble staff. And again. Would you be happy to leave your city during a pandemic? Maybe even the country? Leave family, friends behind or move them all? Again, many players signing with the Leafs for family reasons. I can tell that it would piss me the f*** off. As a fan I wouldn't care but if I had to move my family or even move away from home and family, I'd be pissed.

You clearly don't get the situation and don't even get how fandom works. Now you are just trying to move the goal posts from "damage" to "pissed".

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You clearly don't get the situation and don't even get how fandom works. Now you are just trying to move the goal posts from "damage" to "pissed".

No. Pissed players or employees = damage. And that's not even mentioning pissed fans, sponsors etc. Also, should they share their arena with another team then that could jobs, too. You underestimate the effects of moving the biggest organization in hockey. It wouldn't be possible just like that.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No. Pissed players or employees = damage. And that's not even mentioning pissed fans, sponsors etc. Also, should they share their arena with another teams then that could jobs, too. You underestimate the effects of moving the biggest organization in hockey. It wouldn't be possible just like that.

You are just wrong and so is your logic. It is not moving the team, why don't you get this? It would be a temp. relocation not moving the team. Fans and everyone would understand this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad