Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v13.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

My annual look at Chicago's OHL prospects...aka a closer look at Alec Regula. Posted some good videos in that tweet too.

Happy to answer further questions.

Nice writeup. Regula is promising. Gonna be a interesting to see how he handles the big step up to the A.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

My annual look at Chicago's OHL prospects...aka a closer look at Alec Regula. Posted some good videos in that tweet too.

Happy to answer further questions.

Brock, have you heard anything about Brett Neumann signing anywhere?

I want Stan Bowman to toss him a contract.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
He was pretty good with Northeastern this year, but as a senior his role was pretty much just to bully younger guys (at least, that's what he did against BU). Our other D prospects are better.

Agreed. Looked really good in the bean pot tourney this year but 5 years after his draft season. Don’t have much of a issue with the hawks not signing him

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Shea is 23 1/2 cam morrison is 22 in 2 weeks. the fact cam is young makes me hope that he has one more growth to his game.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I would go at this point very close but Kalynuk is very good skater so I would say he has more upside also maybe a bigger frame to add some weight.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
I think Powers ranks players based off how close they are to playing an nhl game tomorrow cause the idea of regula, kurashev, barrat and beaudin being below delia( who caps as a back-up golaie) is silly.

also Dach, Boqvist and Nylander are not prospects...

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I think Powers ranks players based off how close they are to playing an nhl game tomorrow cause the idea of regula, kurashev, barrat and beaudin being below delia( who caps as a back-up golaie) is silly.

also Dach, Boqvist and Nylander are not prospects...

Powers is using Pronman's prospect criteria for internal consistency (i.e. all U22 are eligible). I think you're right, though, that Powers is deeming prospect value by how likely they are to make the NHL, rather than how likely it is that they will be impact NHL players. I would agree that the latter approach is more interesting. Delia's a big head-scratcher either way.

Maybe I’m too high on Regula?

I'm looking forward to his pro career but I think a lot of folks on this board are going to be pretty disappointed in Regula.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Powers is using Pronman's prospect criteria for internal consistency (i.e. all U22 are eligible). I think you're right, though, that Powers is deeming prospect value by how likely they are to make the NHL, rather than how likely it is that they will be impact NHL players. I would agree that the latter approach is more interesting. Delia's a big head-scratcher either way.

I'm looking forward to his pro career but I think a lot of folks on this board are going to be pretty disappointed in Regula.

I think that depends on what you think of his ceiling.

I think he could end up a really good shutdown guy with size. Probably won’t give you much offense. Honestly the Hawks desperately need more of these types in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad