Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v13.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
GM of the Chicago Steel:

Slavin was only with the Steel for half a season but left with some big praise.

Stuff like this always comes off goofy to me. Being a remarkable person is great. Who wouldn’t want their team filled with great people off of the ice? But when it comes to wearing the Indian Head I’m booing Abe Lincoln if he’s Handzus out there. Hjalmarsson would lie down in traffic for the team and it’s a reason we all loved him. But so would Ryan Johnson and that guy sucked.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Stuff like this always comes off goofy to me. Being a remarkable person is great. Who wouldn’t want their team filled with great people off of the ice? But when it comes to wearing the Indian Head I’m booing Abe Lincoln if he’s Handzus out there. Hjalmarsson would lie down in traffic for the team and it’s a reason we all loved him. But so would Ryan Johnson and that guy sucked.
I took it more as the player is smart/driven and would get the most out of his talent because of it. I agree with your post though, i want talented guys.

Reactions: Rick C137

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I think your overthinking it a bit.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

CZimg_042720-610x380.jpeg

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I recall some hype for him the playoffs of last year but I wondered why guys like Wheeler and others had never ranked him anywhere in their top blackhawks prospects. Seems those scouting rankers saw him as just big but not that talented.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Really surprised me but then again I haven’t watched Gravel play once this year. He sure seemed interesting in his memorial cup run last year.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Really surprised me but then again I haven’t watched Gravel play once this year. He sure seemed interesting in his memorial cup run last year.
Yeah same here. Just followed him in his D+1 year when he was solid.

Just weird considering we've got nothing in the goalie pipeline. Like the Hawks are really banking on Basse lol

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Yeah same here. Just followed him in his D+1 year when he was solid.

Just weird considering we've got
nothing in the goalie pipeline. Like the Hawks are really banking on Basse lol

Are they not signing him for sure?
Seems like a very weird move considering who they have under contract and in the system.

Delia & Lankinan signed for two years. Basically back up spot and expansion quota. Crawford free agent probably back but 35. Tompkins one year left Ahl goalie.
Nalimov does he sign a Ahl deal or entry level deal. Basse is going to be a freshman.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Are they not signing him for sure?
Seems like a very weird move considering who they have under contract and in the system.

Delia & Lankinan signed for two years. Basically back up spot and expansion quota. Crawford free agent probably back but 35. Tompkins one year left Ahl goalie.
Nalimov does he sign a Ahl deal or entry level deal. Basse is going to be a freshman.
Nalimov is turning 26 and a fringe starter in the KHL. Not very hopeful for him.

Maybe they're lining up an ELC for an NCAA goalie free agent like Cale Morris?

Reactions: migi

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
June 1st, 4 Blackhawks prospects rights export. According to cap friendly NHL is keeping this date in tact.

Rw Mathias From 143rd overall 2016
D Jake Ryzcek 203rd overall 2016
G Wouter Peters 83rd overall 2016
G Alex Gravel 162nd overall 2018

August 15th the hawks will lose one prospect

D Ryan Shea 121st overall 2015

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Current unsigned hawks prospects final year stats

Khl

C Max Shalunov CSKA Moscow
14 goals 11 assists 54 games

Lw Artur Kayumov Locomotiv
16 goals 9 assists 60 games

G Ivan Nalimov Sochi
24 games 2.50 goals against .911 save percentage 7-14-1 record

NCAA

C Parker Foo Union College
3 goals 4 assists 20 games

D Josh Ess Wisconsin
2 goals 6 assists 35 games

D Slava Demin Denver
2 goals 7 assists 34 games 50 Pims

C Jake Wise Boston University
2 goals 11 assists 33 games

Lw Josiah Slavin Colorado College
5 goals 8 assists 34 games 43 Pims

D Alex Vlasic Boston University
0 goals 4 assists 34 games

USHL

G Dominic Basse Youngstown
37 games 3.48 gaa .887 save
14-12-3 record 1 shutout

CHL

D Cole Moberg Prince George (Whl)
13 goals 14 assists 58 games

Liiga and SweHl

Lw Victor Edjsell Farjestada
17 goals 14 assists 48 games

D Roope Laavainen HPK & Kookoo
0 goals 4 assists 40 games

D Jakub Galvas Jukurit
2 goals 13 assists 43 games

Rw Niklas Nordgren HIFK
0 goals 1 assists 11 games

C Antii Saarela Ilves Tampere
4 goals 8 assists 40 games

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Prospects rights that expire after 2020-21 season.

C Parker Foo
Lw Victor Edjsell
D Josh Ess
D Cole Moberg
D Roope Lainvainen

Not sure about

D Jakub Galvas
Rw Niklas Nordgren

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
its Really unfortunate how jake Wise’s career got derailed. He was a top top top minor player and it just hasn’t worked out for him. Even though he has underperformed I still respect and agree with that draft pick

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
its Really unfortunate how jake Wise’s career got derailed. He was a top top top minor player and it just hasn’t worked out for him. Even though he has underperformed I still respect and agree with that draft pick
Wise was an absolute steal where we got him. Same with Nordgren. Can't criticize those picks at all.

Both derailed by injuries. Very unfortunate.

I hope both of them can stay healthy and bounce back.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Wise is an upperclassman this year and will be part of the leadership core of the team, so he'll get more opportunities. When Wise was in the lineup for the first year and a half of his time at BU, he was playing way down the lineup (fourth line most nights), which absolutely idiotic roster management but not out of character for our new coach (Albie's first year was 2018-19, mine and Jake's freshman year). When he started playing up in the lineup, especially with Patrick Curry, later in the year is when he really started to shine. He was amazing in big-game scenarios and absolutely shone in the Beanpot. I'm still optimistic about him, but this year is gonna be absolutely crucial to his future development. I choose to remain confident in his ability to get it done.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

Was just going through the Senators Top 20 story from 2016 and came across Gagne.

Obviously not being signed by Toronto when his ELC expired and then playing in the ECHL for much of the year before being recalled by the IceHogs doesn't scream "prospect" but the fact that he impressed enough to receive an AHL deal and is also a former 2nd-round pick suggests there is some ability there.

Anything to see with Gagne as a late bloomer or is this pretty much the peak of his potential?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Was just going through the Senators Top 20 story from 2016 and came across Gagne.

Obviously not being signed by Toronto when his ELC expired and then playing in the ECHL for much of the year before being recalled by the IceHogs doesn't scream "prospect" but the fact that he impressed enough to receive an AHL deal and is also a former 2nd-round pick suggests there is some ability there.

Anything to see with Gagne as a late bloomer or is this pretty much the peak of his potential?
He had a good stint with Rockford, but I'd wait and see what he does in a full season before I'd peg him as anything.

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
Any reason to be excited for Shalunov? I have been seeing his name for years and it has always been mixed opinions it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->