Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v11.0: The D Man Cometh

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
London won 5-3 in London 9ver Ottawa...Battle of top teams in West and East Conferences of the OHL...

The 5th London goal was an entire against 6 attackers ...London got off to a 2 goal lead Nboth scored by 2019 draft eligible C Connor McMichael ...he may rise from the late teens to mid 20s by the time of the final ranking gs on most ml it's if he has a strong finish to his season.. Personally I think he should be in the top half of this draft ...I like him and he played well most of the London fames I have seen this season.. Boqvist assistedvon one of these goals..Ottawa eventually tied the game. at 2 goals each .. ..London went up 3-2 and they each traded another goal till Ottawa pulled their goalie late in the 3rd to try to tie it up but instead London put it in the empty net .Boqvist was on for 2 of the Ottawa goals against ...I did not see the Ottawa 2nd goal though. ..so not sure if he was on shift for that one too?But for sure on shift force gains ..though neither could directly be. Blamed on him..Overlay hen played wee but so too a lot of the London den who I thought had a better. R game than the Ottawa d-corps who I have seen play better ..but cred London foreccheckers and attacking forwards for giving Ottawa problems. Ottawa has only been out-shot 5 times this season and was Co ingnoff 12 straight where they out -shot their opponent ..but not today Lindon was total buy-in and I thoughtvout-worked and out-hustled Ottawa this game ..I think this was London"s A effort. .I think Ottawa only brought a B- game in my view today.

London scored only 1 of their 5 goals in 5x5..they scored 2 in 4x4 and 1 pp goal and 1 en goal ...

London kept Ottawa from scoring on their power chances. ..This was major for this game ..London has the best PK in the OHL...Desoite Ottawa's prolific offense their PP is not among the elite in that department for done reason ... Anyway the combo of Lindon being top PK and Ottawa only average in PP played out as Lonion killed off all the Ottawa power players including 1 5 on 3 ...

The 2nd reason London won was because with homebice advantage it gave London coach Dale Hunter his match-up desire and he put his 4th kine checkers on Ottawa's top line and this 4th line with relentless firechecking kept the Ottawa top line hemmed I their zone a lot more than they face against other teams and prevented the Ottawa top line from scoring . THIS has not happened much all season ..The OHL top goal scorer Tye Felhaber (46 goals in 41 games ) coming in to today's game had a very rare game without a goal norwas he allowed to pile up dangerous shots like he usually does ..

Again credit the London 4th line for a tremendous effort and game ..but also I have seen all the guys on the Ottawa top line (Felhaber.,Rossi the rookie ;and Austen Keating (who leads the OHL in asdistsx) play a lot better..Perhaps it was so evil both the London 4rh line laying their nest game of the season and the Ottawa top lone playing one of its worst games ..they just did not have the jump they usually do ...

There is a draft eligible London 4th line Centre Billy Moskol who I like for a 4th line C and PK role guy.. Not sure where he ranks...probably the round for this type of player. .But I like him as a checker and energy firechecking guy ...AND for face offs. .where he is OVER 60% (as I heard one of the TV announcers mention)..This is what you need from a PK guy who takes key draws in the d-zone or can win draws in the o-zone in the forechecking 4th liner role.

If he still is on the board when we draft in round 4 ,then we should target this player for the roles he excels at .

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
Boqvist already has NHL-caliber offense but I don't see him being ready for primetime until 2020. He needs to learn to be more active while defending and of course bulk up significantly. I wonder whether it would be better for him to stay with London or play in the AHL next year? If I'm not mistaken the Hawks are able to assign him to the Icehogs since he was drafted out of the SHL.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Boqvist already has NHL-caliber offense but I don't see him being ready for primetime until 2020. He needs to learn to be more active while defending and of course bulk up significantly. I wonder whether it would be better for him to stay with London or play in the AHL next year? If I'm not mistaken the Hawks are able to assign him to the Icehogs since he was drafted out of the SHL.

I (and myriad others) share your concern. Boqvist is going to be manhandled, defensively. Jokiharju has had issues on that front, and I think he's further advanced physically and defensively than Boqvist.

If he's not going to be in the show next season, I believe that being on the Hogs, and amassing gobs of TOI, will prepare him far better than staying with London.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I (and myriad others) share your concern. Boqvist is going to be manhandled, defensively. Jokiharju has had issues on that front, and I think he's further advanced physically and defensively than Boqvist.

If he's not going to be in the show next season, I believe that being on the Hogs, and amassing gobs of TOI, will prepare him far better than staying with London.

excellent point. there is no denying that AB is talented as an offensive force, but can he handle the daily battle in and around the net.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Very difficult to believe that Mitchell will forego ~$900k/per, and a wide open chance to begin his NHL career, over staying in school. Doesn't make sense, at all.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Very difficult to believe that Mitchell will forego ~$900k/per, and a wide open chance to begin his NHL career, over staying in school. Doesn't make sense, at all.

I hope it's BS, but if it's not.... It's a little concerning about his character if he is willing to go the UFA route to avoid the competition and not believing in his self to outplay his competition.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I hope it's BS, but if it's not.... It's a little concerning about his character if he is willing to go the UFA route to avoid the competition and not believing in his self to outplay his competition.
no offense, but i do not see this as a flaw in his character., but a way to beat this system via the rules establish.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
It was a great feed on the PP. Cross crease from the right circle to a wide open man on the left side of the net. Easy tap in. He’s really good at selling the shot from the right circle and making no look passes.
Yep. They showed the replay on that one and he stared down the goalie the entire way and diddnt take a glance at a passing lane. Really hard for a goalie to read that back door look if the passer never even takes a peek.

Both goals he was out for were pretty shitty rebounds from not great angles. Raaymakers diddnt have a great game. On one of the goals against, Boqvist actually just missed scoring what would have been a gorgeous goal on the other side. He walked a defender on a nice drag and just missed the corner.

Reactions: iiStylesx

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

hope you're right...i can't handle another kayes situation...especially when we pencil in what our lineup could be with Mitchell...hayes situation was annoying but more so out of dislike for that entire rockford group and his brother...as far as losing kayes it didn't matter because that 2015 roster was loaded

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
hope you're right...i can't handle another kayes situation...especially when we pencil in what our lineup could be with Mitchell...hayes situation was annoying but more so out of dislike for that entire rockford group and his brother...as far as losing kayes it didn't matter because that 2015 roster was loaded

2 more years to play (for nothing) to become a UFA. He'd be leaving ~$1.8M on the table and 2 years of NHL experience/development on the table. NFW.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Is there something that came up or just people speculating on the possibility of Mitchell leaving?

When you look at the trends of guys leaving they usually were all spurred by their team in some way. Vesey is the main notable to not have been. Unless the team tells a guy they dont want to sign him and want to wait or trades away someone close to him (teammate/family) they highly likely arent going to the ufa market.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Question for you Hawks fans. Where will Boqvist play next season? OHL, AHL, NHL or Europe?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I wouldn’t mind seeing him get another year in the OHL, get a little stronger and better on defense, then try to make the jump directly to the NHL on year 1 of his ELC. Even then, he will have just turned 20.

Reactions: LDN

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I wouldn’t mind seeing him get another year in the OHL, get a little stronger and better on defense, then try to make the jump directly to the NHL on year 1 of his ELC. Even then, he will have just turned 20.

Boqvist would have nothing to really gain in the OHL next year other than strength. His D is better than people realize.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Boqvist would have nothing to really gain in the OHL next year other than strength. His D is better than people realize.
for sure...I just think he would benefit from playing as the true #1...right now Bouchard is our clear #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad