Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v10.0: Blue Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
Not really on topic (sorry) for this thread but since I mentioned JD, was it BWC or someone else that told him "hockey isn't math" when he went on one of his talks about analytics. I've remembered the quote ever since it got posted here but I forgot who said it.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Entwistle with 2 more goals tonight and an assist! GWG to boot..kid drives hard to the net and plays a very physical game at times. 4 shots on goal and 4 for 7 at the dot...he is making his case for Canada to select him next week..27 points in 28 games on the season.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yes Boqvist had the lone London goal in their loss to Owen Sound ...but the bad news ...he was -2 ..

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
Really? C'mon. I drink the kool-aid too, but guzzling it by the barrel is a bit much. Barratt has been great, but the NHL is a very big step up from where he's playing now. Will very happily eat crow if he excels from the get go.

You're right now that I think about it more. Many players have great juniors/college stats but then they don't have as nearly as great production when they enter the AHL/NHL.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
You're right now that I think about it more. Many players have great juniors/college stats but then they don't have as nearly as great production when they enter the AHL/NHL.
How many really do have great seasons as freshman sophomore and fail to be decent NHLers. The list of guys who especially have strong senior years is clutter with nothing in the NHL but when players are their teams youngest and best preforming members they're usually safe to consider legitimate Nhl talent.

Reactions: joshprost99

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Barratt wasn’t even really considered a toolsy guy and big 10 hockey scores the most goals by a lot. I think he’s gonna be a super useful NHL player, but I don’t think he’s gonna be a top6 guy.

Reactions: BK

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Barratt wasn’t even really considered a toolsy guy and big 10 hockey scores the most goals by a lot. I think he’s gonna be a super useful NHL player, but I don’t think he’s gonna be a top6 guy.
Barratt was in a crowded USNDP team where some never stand out. He was a top 2 round pick for my self and many others I know on here...but was Brad Marchand expected to be a top 6 player at draft? How about Johnny Gaudreau? Brayden Point?? I even doubt Tom Wilson was expected to be a top 6 player when drafted. There are so many players who became top 6 NHL players despite not being looked at it. Barratt has the tools and the tool box to be that, especially here on a team that will be desperate for young talent to rise up.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Barratt was in a crowded USNDP team where some never stand out. He was a top 2 round pick for my self and many others I know on here...but was Brad Marchand expected to be a top 6 player at draft? How about Johnny Gaudreau? I even doubt Tom Wilson was expected to be a top 6 player when drafted. There are so many players who became top 6 NHL players despite not being looked at it. Barratt has the tools and the tool box to be that, especially here on a team that will be desperate for young talent to rise up.
Yeah I understand and those are very rare examples. His NHLe is gonna look real good. For the record I love the player but I think of him as more of a Colton Sissons type than like a Backlund. But I like the player a lot.

Reactions: BK

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yeah I understand and those are very rare examples. His NHLe is gonna look real good. For the record I love the player but I think of him as more of a Colton Sissons type than like a Backlund. But I like the player a lot.
I see nothing like Colton Sissons here...I have followed Barratt very closely for years prior to his USNDP days playing tier-1..I will just disagree with you here on what he could be. and when you really look around and think about how many top 6 players in the league weren't drafted high or expected to be that it really is a lot more than rare examples...I can keep adding names like Hornqvist, Arvidsson, Mark Stone, Tyler Johnson, Benn, Trocheck, Pavelski, Anders Lee, etc etc...when you work hard like Barratt does, players like him find ways to be very successful NHL players. I think a 50 point peak player is pretty realistic for him and the Hawks have to be absolutely ecstatic with him.

Reactions: TLEH

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I see nothing like Colton Sissons here...I have followed Barratt very closely for years prior to his USNDP days playing tier-1..I will just disagree with you here on what he could be. and when you really look around and think about how many top 6 players in the league weren't drafted high or expected to be that it really is a lot more than rare examples...I can keep adding names like Hornqvist, Arvidsson, Mark Stone, Tyler Johnson, Benn, Trocheck, Pavelski, Anders Lee, etc etc...when you work hard like Barratt does, players like him find ways to be very successful NHL players. I think a 50 point peak player is pretty realistic for him and the Hawks have to be absolutely ecstatic with him.
If he became Hornqvist or Anders Lee that would be nice. Sissons is physical and has talent maybe hasn’t gotten it all together but you can win with him playing a role and that’s what I think about Barratt right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad