Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v10.0: Blue Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I understand the need for LHD. I like Beaudin too, but I remember being shocked they didn't pick Veleno at 27, especially before Strome was even a thing. I'm not complaining, and I understand the difference between F and D, but I am asking who is a better prospect.
Tough to say which one is better. Veleno obviously has more points, but that's expected from a forward.

Beaudin has a better PPG than any defensemen in that league other than one guy who went undrafted and is 2 years older than NB. So it's not like Beaudin has had a bad season.

For now, the better player might just come down to need.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
4th round pick Philipp Kurashev is pretty close to Veleno in points in the same league albeit in more games. Veleno plays on a much better team though. Kurashev is leading his team in scoring by a larger gap than Veleno.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
4th round pick Philipp Kurashev is pretty close to Veleno in points in the same league albeit in more games. Veleno plays on a much better team though. Kurashev is leading his team in scoring by a larger gap than Veleno.
Kurashev is a stud. Has absolutely no help on a garbage team.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Josh Ess has matched his point totals from last season with 17 games less played.
well to be fair, it was only 4 points lol..

but yeah he is another good prospect, he made the USA eval camp roster, don't think he gets called back for December with the depth we have at defense, but you never know, US typically has an odd ball pick on defense, he could be it..

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
well to be fair, it was only 4 points lol..

but yeah he is another good prospect, he made the USA eval camp roster, don't think he gets called back for December with the depth we have at defense, but you never know, US typically has an odd ball pick on defense, he could be it..
A 7th round pick with bottom pairing upside ain't a bad thing!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hit was not as bad as I expected as I think the guy dipped a bit (watched once from my phone). Can’t punch refs.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Hit doesn't bother me, but the punch to the ref is unacceptable. Not even Marchand would stoop that low.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Can you guys tell me whats the deal with Delia (pun intended)?

Is he #1 material (NHL)? Or just having a hot start to this AHL season?

Thanks.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Can you guys tell me whats the deal with Delia (pun intended)?

Is he #1 material (NHL)? Or just having a hot start to this AHL season?

Thanks.
He from March onward last season and in most of the playoffs. His numbers look bad but that was from his first 10 games or so dragging down how great he played.

And it continues now despite the team heavily struggling to score and the other goalies aren't consistently preforming like him. So I think he has earned taking him seriously beyond just a hot stretch.

I hope later in this year he can get some NHL games but

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I thought that was going to be a lot worse but that’s still dumb. That’s what happens when you let your emotions get the better of you. Curious how the KHL is going to handle that though.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Kayumov had great game before that. He has strong legs and is very skilled. Very good in corners, good shot and good vision. Plays also physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad