All Purpose Podcast/Shoot Interview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I didn't like how Austin would constantly talk over his guests lol. I don't know if he's still doing that, I haven't listened for a bit.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Listened to Piper's episode with Austin on Friday...very interesting to get to know his back story. Finally listened to the Bruno episode with Colt Cobana...that was very good as well.

Recently listened to the Cornette and Joey Styles episodes with Austin...lots of great stories.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I actually expected Chris to be pretty knowledgeable about hockey. He seemed surprise to know that Plante was the first one to wear a goalie mask. Thought that was one of the first things you learned about the history of the game.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Dean Ambrose on the latest Colt Cabana podcast...

I've been waiting so long for this.

Jericho talking to his dad about old hockey was great. I could have done without the stupid "Oates's Moustache" bit for ten minutes before it though.

By the way, Clint Benedict wore a mask before Plante, but that was waaaay before Ted Irvine's time.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I imagine Colt has been doing Podcasts for a year or two right? He's so much more natural than Jericho and Austin when asking and responding to questions.

I imagine Dean making a ****-load of odd facial gestures through the entire interview.

Last edited:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Colt sits face to face with the guys, and plus he's in locker rooms with many of these people all of the time. His podcast has never been the basic "So how did you get your start", "How about when you beat"....etc. and I think most of the time that works.

Interesting interview with Ambrose. Guy talks IRL like he wrestles and lives. All over the place.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Just listened to Jericho's interview with Bret Hart last night.

The most interesting part to me was Bret saying that he was making $30,000 per week in WCW and getting all these fancy, expensive accommodations down there, but wasn't even on TV some nights because Hogan didn't want the possibility of being overshadowed by Bret. I know that's not exactly unexpected from Hogan, but that right there is a great example of why WCW couldn't make it. Why spend an insane amount of money on a guy like Bret just to keep him behind the curtain so your current aging and fading draw doesn't feel threatened?

Funny to also hear Bret say how much he appreciates Vince now that he's been to WCW where they didn't do anything with him.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Just listened to Jericho's interview with Bret Hart last night.

The most interesting part to me was Bret saying that he was making $30,000 per week in WCW and getting all these fancy, expensive accommodations down there, but wasn't even on TV some nights because Hogan didn't want the possibility of being overshadowed by Bret. I know that's not exactly unexpected from Hogan, but that right there is a great example of why WCW couldn't make it. Why spend an insane amount of money on a guy like Bret just to keep him behind the curtain so your current aging and fading draw doesn't feel threatened?

Funny to also hear Bret say how much he appreciates Vince now that he's been to WCW where they didn't do anything with him.

I think Lanny Poffo told a story on Colt Cabana's podcast a few months ago that he was under WCW contract for a few years in the mid to late 90s and was NEVER USED. Attention to detail was not exactly a strength of WCW.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Another great little tidbit from Bret was how Vince wanted Bruce Hart to be the Hart feuding with Bret around 1994, instead of Owen. Bruce would have squashed Owen to finally get Bret to fight him and Bruce and Bret would have had a match at WrestleMania.

Apparently, Owen was ready to quit and be a fireman even before this and he said if he would have actually been given that storyline, he would have quit for sure. Instead, Bret pushed for a feud with Owen and we got their awesome feud as a result.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I think Lanny Poffo told a story on Colt Cabana's podcast a few months ago that he was under WCW contract for a few years in the mid to late 90s and was NEVER USED. Attention to detail was not exactly a strength of WCW.

If I recall correctly, getting Lanny a contract was a stipulation that Macho Man demanded in order to sign with WCW.

From the Death of WCW book, I remember a snippet about WCW signing one of Master P's friends to a 200K/year contract in order get to get Master P to participate in an angle.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Chavo Guerrero will be on Talk is Jericho this week to discuss a number of things, including Benoit and Eddie.

I'll be downloading that when it comes out.

CRSeven

Ballon d'Or 2013
Jan 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Really good stuff with Chavo on Jericho's podcast. Pretty emotional.

Also, at the end, Chavo tells a story about how he and Rey (on Smackdown at the time) were added to a Raw tour because they went to Mexico.

They had been the main event for the first few shows, but they got bumped down to like the fourth match in Mexico City.

He said they went like 25 minutes and tore it up. When they got backstage, he said everyone was telling them that it was a great match, except for HHH, Michaels, and Cena, who ignored them, and Jericho goes, "typical."

He said that Edge, who was in the main event with Cena that night, was super stoked about the match and was telling them it was great and what not.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Gotta say, I'm surprised HBK wouldn't give props on a good match to someone else. Lol @ 'typical' from Jericho. Love it.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Jericho/Chavo was probably the best pod cast I've heard between Jericho and Austin. I'm sure it was pretty easy since Jericho and Chavo are really great friends. It was refreshing not here a fake Jericho laugh or hear him say "right" during the interview.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Let's watch the language on the videos, peeps. If you want to put a link and have a disclaimer - fine. But we have to keep things suitable for any environment.

RJ8812*

Austin's discussing the Royal Rumble booking:

"That guy's had an incredible career and I laughed at old Rey Rey and said 'god damn, Rey, number 30 in the Royal Rumble, who in the **** do you got heat with?' And I told Vince, I said 'god damn, Vince, I wasn't doing nothing, if you need a god damn 30 spot in a Royal Rumble throw down a phone call. I'll put my god damn knee braces in the bag, and fly down to be your number 30 spot in the Royal Rumble'. I said 'don't **** Rey over like that; ****, Rey's a god damn babyface.' They should have stuck a heel in that spot. So Rey Rey was laughing and he rode off into the sunset and that just goes back to booking, man. You can't have a cat like Rey Mysterio in the number 30 spot when the whole crowd is wanting and cheering for Daniel Bryan to come join the Royal Rumble and throw a bunch of trash over the top ropes and go to the main event in WrestleMania. I still don't understand that booking decision. That would have been a very opportune spot for a real hot heel. That would have been a very good spot for one Wade Barrett. Make him the number 30 spot, let the people boo him, that's what they're trying to do anyway. Common sense booking, ****."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad