Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread | This wasn't what I meant by a balanced defense ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
We've got to play Sabres, Panthers, Sabres, Flyers, Rangers, Red Wings, Red Wings, Rangers in our final 20.

I see us winning the above for 8 wins. Probably need 4 wins elsewhere.

The shape of this season is that we're going to lose all of those games and win the other 12

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
We've got to play Sabres, Panthers, Sabres, Flyers, Rangers, Red Wings, Red Wings, Rangers in our final 20.

I see us winning the above for 8 wins. Probably need 4 wins elsewhere.

I hate to break it to you but this season we usually play like crap against crap teams. :)

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
So what is actually wrong with Letang? Is it hand, neck, concussion so many mixed messages out there.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
So what is actually wrong with Letang? Is it hand, neck, concussion so many mixed messages out there.

Can't imagine why it'd be a hand. Doubt it's a concussion. I'd safely say is neck.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I would've 100% rewarded Prow for the season he's having no matter how potentially bad he'd look up here.
Think THEY believe Trotman will be harder on guys in the D-Zone and maybe skates better than Prow.
Especially considering Prow is a ufa. I can't imagine he'll want to stay with the org.

I understand using Trotman but it seems shortsighted.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Especially considering Prow is a ufa. I can't imagine he'll want to stay with the org.

I understand using Trotman but it seems shortsighted.

These are famous last words but if they don't think he's ready to go at the age of 26 after a great AHL season... meh. The likely worst case scenario there is you lost a Ruhwedel and it could easily be even less than that.

I'm sure he'll now be the next Will Butcher at his next club.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So the Penguins are running with exactly what I expected them to run with, makes sense. I don't know why media members for the Penguins constantly tweet the wrong sides for which players are on, though. It's obviously Pettersson-Gudbranson, yet Mackey is tweeting it out wrong.

why did not they recall Teddy/ kind of weird.

They don't have a game for 2 more days so there's no rush to call him up.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I feel for MP. He doesn't deserve this.
Just hope they get early MP-JJ results from it before that went off the rails, i suppose.

I have said before tho that Olli/JJ-Guds will be a tire fire of epic proportions so the only shot we got to attempt a good pairing with him atm is:

Dumo/MP/Riiko-Guds

If just Letang comes back soon tho, i'd have to really think about a Trotman-Guds(yolo! figure it out trots) pairing vs Riiko-Guds.
Or i suppose, you can just bench Guds(lolnothappening).

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So the Penguins are running with exactly what I expected them to run with, makes sense. I don't know why media members for the Penguins constantly tweet the wrong sides for which players are on, though. It's obviously Pettersson-Gudbranson, yet Mackey is tweeting it out wrong.

Yeah, that always annoyed me, too. It's not very difficult if you actually know even the slightest bit about these players which side they play on.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

This honestly might be a death blow for this team if Rust is out for the year. "Longer term" in the end of February seems like a death sentence for him on this year.

At least the end of the RS for Rust is my guess

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015

This honestly might be a death blow for this team if Rust is out for the year. "Longer term" in the end of February seems like a death sentence for him on this year.

I really like Rust but if him being out is death blow to the team they never had a chance. He is a depth middle 6 six forward playing right wing which is there deepest position. TB can spot fill adequately and long term could mean 6 - 8 weeks. Which would be around the start of playoffs.

Reactions: Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia