Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread | This wasn't what I meant by a balanced defense ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Im cautiously optimistic about the Blueger-McCann-Hornqvist line from last night. I thought they looked good and complimented each other well.

Assuming Guentzel-Crosby-Rust

Id like to get another look at both
Kessel-Malkin-Bjustad
Blueger-McCann-Hornqvist

As bith played well in the one game theyve been together.

With Simon/ZAR/Wilson/Pearson left to fight over the 4th line spots around Cullen.

The better Blueger plays the more and more im willing to use Pearson as someone going the other way for a D upgrade.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So, next game?

Jake Sid Rust
Phil Geno Bjugs
Teddy McCann Horny
Pearson Cullen ZAR

You do realize that ZAR Cullen Wilson is going to be the fourth line in perpetuity, unless one of them is injured? You don’t have to like it but that’s the Neanderthal thinking going on right now with the dump and chase being beloved...

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Blueger's @ 51.6% corsi despite getting 75% d-zone starts. 3 goals already. Color me impressed.

He should have been in the bottom 6 a long time ago. Don't understand what management had against him, especially with how desperate we were for depth scoring last season in the first half. Finally came to their senses.

Because Management pigeon-holed him as a C and they had like 6 of them at the NHL level already.
Funny how giving people opportunities that aren't "pre determined" can actually produce successful results because the dude is killing it no matter where he's placed

And how dumb does it look that he was scratched vs Philly?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Because Management pigeon-holed him as a C and they had like 6 of them at the NHL level already.
Funny how giving people opportunities that aren't "pre determined" can actually produce successful results because the dude is killing it no matter where he's placed

And how dumb does it look that he was scratched vs Philly?

We won in Philly.

We also developed Teddy. This whole “should’ve been sent up sooner” thing is asisine.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
Why don’t you complain more about the player we developed not developing fast enough because the team that developed him held him back.

If Teddy played vs Philly, Geno wouldn't have been suspended, and then we might've beaten Edmonton 3-1.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Why don’t you complain more about the player we developed not developing fast enough because the team that developed him held him back.

Since you ignored my claim that winning in Philly was or wasn't the result of scratching TB, I'm going to assume you agree with my assertion.
Scratching a player who was developing confidence at the NHL level ...the man who's scored a couple nice goals and has put forth tremendous effort and pulse, had been scratched.

Pray tell, how that is optimizing your lineup and chances of winning over the following players who were more deserving of a seat in the press box:

Simon
Pearson
Wilson

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Since you ignored my claim that winning in Philly was or wasn't the result of scratching TB, I'm going to assume you agree with my assertion.
Scratching a player who was developing confidence at the NHL level ...the man who's scored a couple nice goals and has put forth tremendous effort and pulse, had been scratched.

Pray tell, how that is optimizing your lineup and chances of winning over the following players who were more deserving of a seat in the press box:

Simon
Pearson
Wilson

TB didn’t look as good in the game before Philly and we lost. Coach told him he was part of our team and to trust the process.

Injury occurs and TB is placed on the 3rd line and has his best game yet.

Trust the process, this team has develop a ton of young players and many teams around the league are extremely jealous of what we’ve accomplished while remaining a constant threat for the cup.

No player worth a damn has ever been hurt by staying too long in the AHL.

Pearson is here for a couple more years, Simon has been scoring at a solid rate this year, Wilson has been fine.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
No player worth a damn has ever been hurt by staying too long in the AHL.

Except he wasn't in the AHL playing games. He was eating nachos in the press box

Again, tell me how those 3 players listed were more deserving of TB for a critical game against a division opponent.

"TB didn't look as good in the game before.." Uh those 3 guys who played haven't looked good in the past 2 weeks.

Let's see if Sully does a fully moron thing and kicks TB to the box again when Malkin returns...

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Our next two games are both home games Saturday/Sunday at 1 PM and 12:30 PM.

When is the last time that ever happened? Or why is it happening for that matter?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Except he wasn't in the AHL playing games. He was eating nachos in the press box

Again, tell me how those 3 players listed were more deserving of TB for a critical game against a division opponent.

"TB didn't look as good in the game before.." Uh those 3 guys who played haven't looked good in the past 2 weeks.

Let's see if Sully does a fully moron thing and kicks TB to the box again when Malkin returns...

TB was scratched for one game because he is trying to break into the roster. I don’t understand why people get mad at these things.

Would have happened on 30 other teams.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Our next two games are both home games Saturday/Sunday at 1 PM and 12:30 PM.

When is the last time that ever happened? Or why is it happening for that matter?

Possibly nationally televised, gotta fit them in early for west coast broadcast? I think Sunday is on NBC? But is Saturday..it's on ESPN+....wtf is that?

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Sully will have an interesting decision on what forward to sit with Geno coming back Saturday.

If it was up to me if would definitely be Pearson sitting.

Reactions: Andy99

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Possibly nationally televised, gotta fit them in early for west coast broadcast? I think Sunday is on NBC? But is Saturday..it's on ESPN+....wtf is that?

I think they're deliberately targeting the European market with these games. What's annoyingly early for you guys (particularly you west coasters) is perfect for me.

Reactions: helsinkipenguin

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I think they're deliberately targeting the European market with these games. What's annoyingly early for you guys (particularly you west coasters) is perfect for me.

9am games are all good for me on the west lol.

You're probably correct. I heard it somewhere that the Pens are on ax short list for international games, likely next season.

It'd make sense to pump tires now.

Reactions: BillPrep and Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
9am games are all good for me on the west lol.

You're probably correct. I heard it somewhere that the Pens are on ax short list for international games, likely next season.

It'd make sense to pump tires now.

9am is unhealthily early. Nothing good comes from being awake at such an hour.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
You do realize that ZAR Cullen Wilson is going to be the fourth line in perpetuity, unless one of them is injured? You don’t have to like it but that’s the Neanderthal thinking going on right now with the dump and chase being beloved...

I wouldn't mind if ZAR draws in for a guy like Wilson, but I don't think having those 2 kinds of player on a line is good. Because that's why Rowney and Reaves sucked together.

Apart they are ok players, but you don't want them together.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
The majority of those guys haven't done as well in the A as him and probably aren't ready to do as well in the NHL.
True. I think the only one who has been clearly better is Blender. Dea is debatable. At the same time, the AHL stat line isn't all that great of a measure. By that yardstick, Teddy hasn't done as well as Wilson either, but he's significantly better than him in the NHL. Tough to judge.

It doesn't really matter now that we have 14 healthy F's though.

I don't know about that. They're going to want Simon back in the lineup at some point, which pushes Wilson out even if Teddy is sitting.

Reactions: Peat

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Pearson + Jarry to CAR for Ferland.

Guentzel Crosby Rust
Kessel Malkin Bugsy
Ferland McCann Hornqvist (oh what a line to have to play against)
Bleuger Cullen ZAR/Simon

Fully Operational Battlestation.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That makes it all the more maddening that you were goaded into it Geno!!! You KNEW they were going to start **** and you got sucked in...

Yes, but it's instinctive to react if you're punched in a neck which was injured a week or so before. Not excusing the stick swing, but I recall Sid getting off his game a few times when punched in the head in the year or so after returning from the long concussion.

Reactions: td_ice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad