Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread | Blue! My Boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Not to send people in panic mode but it's a common injury in wrestling that ends people's careers.

It would be the most Tanger thing ever if his career was ended by a freak wrestling injury... scratch that... rabid weasel gnawing his leg off would be the most weird, out of left field, absurd career ender i can think of, so freak wrestling injury is second most Tanger thing ever... its like his body spins the wheel of crazy injuries at least once a season and comes up with something

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'd like the lines if AJ was in for Wilson. I know NHL coaches and front office guys love their grit, but there's no way I'd play Wilson over AJ. A Blueger-Cullen-AJ fourth line would be terrific.

I suppose that's a relatively minor issue though. Glad to see McCann back with Sid and Jake.

Yeah, that line-up is pretty much my ideal outside of no AJ.

McCann-Crosby-Guentzel
Rust-Malkin-Kessel

Is a thing of beauty. And if the 3rd line keeps clicking...ayyyyy

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Sid 10 games no goals? That **** just blew my mind reading it today. That cannot be true.

He's really down shifted and/or started playing dumb/lazy ever since that home game vs PHI where he got whacked with an elbow or 2 during the game then the ending to that one happened + the following 10 games or so happened.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm worried about Letang and his future.
Neck / spine stuff is straight up bad.
For sure. The selfish fan in me wants him to play because he's as important to this team as anyone, but the reality is that he had major surgery on his neck/spine, it took him over a year to feel right again, and he just seriously re-aggravated it in a freak situation that he admits to coming back from too soon. There comes a point where it stops being about wanting your team to rack up Ws and it starts to be about "Damn, man, I hope Letang can have a normal life after hockey". Even if he's not physically hobbled in some way, there is serious risk of severe nerve damage when it comes to this sort of thing.

Hopefully we're all just being too pessimistic after a decade of injury woes as Pens fans, and he comes back none the worse for ware in game 1 of the playoffs.

Reactions: shoplifter

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Please no Simon in the top 9 tomorrow. We need to get a W. Sully can play Simon against the Rags for 30 mins if we win tomorrow.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
For sure. The selfish fan in me wants him to play because he's as important to this team as anyone, but the reality is that he had major surgery on his neck/spine, it took him over a year to feel right again, and he just seriously re-aggravated it in a freak situation that he admits to coming back from too soon. There comes a point where it stops being about wanting your team to rack up Ws and it starts to be about "Damn, man, I hope Letang can have a normal life after hockey". Even if he's not physically hobbled in some way, there is serious risk of severe nerve damage when it comes to this sort of thing.

Hopefully we're all just being too pessimistic after a decade of injury woes as Pens fans, and he comes back none the worse for ware in game 1 of the playoffs.
Yep.
As a fan of the game I don't want to lose him.
As a human I don't see how he could risk playing, no matter what the doctors tell him.

That second game he came back I remember a few high hard hits he took and I cringed after each one. It's no surprise he gets run at and even less a surprise he immediately pulled himself from games.

Such a bummer that it's the penguins top d man.

I'm also impressed Sid managed to stay relatively healthy for 2 years now. Sid has been so lucky avoiding big hits / dirty hits / cheap shots the last two seasons.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It’s funny, because that was part of the issue with McCann - Crosby - Jake. It completely shut Sid down..

I’d honestly prefer they run McCann - Crosby - Rust and Jake - Malkin - Kessel / Hornqvist if they were going to do McCann up there.

McCann is back up there.

I mean, they COULD try Horny, but I suppose that will have to wait for the playoffs.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
It’s funny, because that was part of the issue with McCann - Crosby - Jake. It completely shut Sid down..

I’d honestly prefer they run McCann - Crosby - Rust and Jake - Malkin - Kessel / Hornqvist if they were going to do McCann up there.
I just want them to split up geno and phil. it's much easer to have two guys covering for one than have one covering for two.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
giphy.gif

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
Wasn't sure if anyone saw this or listened to it but it was interesting to listen to. Biznasty sits down with Andy O'Brien. Crosby's personal trainer and is a trainer for the Penguins

Barstool Sports

Reactions: Trade

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Having the roster nearly healthy heading into Game 1 has me feeling good about this team.

Kessel is hopefully clicking. Letang looked great. Malkin has the insulation of Cullen, Sid and Bjugstad to play pretty offense oriented shifts until he’s back.

D outside of Johnson has been good enough to do the same with Schultz.

I’d go..

Maatta - Letang
Pettersson - Gudbranson
Dumo - Schultz

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Having the roster nearly healthy heading into Game 1 has me feeling good about this team.

Kessel is hopefully clicking. Letang looked great. Malkin has the insulation of Cullen, Sid and Bjugstad to play pretty offense oriented shifts until he’s back.

D outside of Johnson has been good enough to do the same with Schultz.

I’d go..

Maatta - Letang
Pettersson - Gudbranson
Dumo - Schultz
feelinggoodagain_album_artwork_1024x1024.png

Reactions: ChaosAgent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad