Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread | Blue! My Boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So Geno full practice in contact sweater. Letang no contact and Dumo absent...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
good news for tanger, he should be close...

Yep..would be great if he could sub in for Trotman tomorrow and help us push the puck in the O zone and keep it there, which was a major problem against Detroit yesterday...

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Yep..would be great if he could sub in for Trotman tomorrow and help us push the puck in the O zone and keep it there, which was a major problem against Detroit yesterday...
the fact that he was skating with the team, maybe game 2 or 3 of the first round...If we are playing Isles that should be terrific..with aging Sid and Geno, Letang's role and importance has really increased significantly.....

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
But I thought Letang was done for the season, people on this forum were adamant?!? :)

Geno back is great to see, hopefully this will be the jolt we need to finally secure that pesky playoff spot.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
the fact that he was skating with the team, maybe game 2 or 3 of the first round...If we are playing Isles that should be terrific..with aging Sid and Geno, Letang's role and importance has really increased significantly.....

We may not be playing the Isles if both he and/or Dumo do not play before the end of the RS...

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
But I thought Letang was done for the season, people on this forum were adamant?!? :)

Geno back is great to see, hopefully this will be the jolt we need to finally secure that pesky playoff spot.

Adamant or concerned?

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Dumo being hurt is troubling. I'm sure he'll play in the game 1 of the playoffs but circumstances being what they are we still need one more win to ensure we get there. Hopefully Washington helps us tomorrow but we can't count on that.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
So Geno full practice in contact sweater. Letang no contact and Dumo absent...

This has nothing to do with Letang vs Dumo, but I feel like things are less hectic when Dumo is in. That's a HUUUUGE loss for us if Dumo is out

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

giphy.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

I don't mind this. As long as it was one of Rust/McCann on L2 LW, Sully is getting it right.

Perhaps getting McCann back also will jolt Sid out of cruise control mode.

But, end of the day, these lines are best for business, especially if Phil plays like he gives a crap at 5 on 5.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Maybe I am being too optimistic but Letang's interview is encouraging. Even if he is at 80% or whatever at the start of the playoffs (if we make them), that would be preferable to playing, well, any other defenceman we have.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If we don't have a healthy Letang. And currently that looks IFFY at best. A favorable match up in the 1st round is even more crucial.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I wouldn’t be encouraged by rumors coming out that he reinjured his neck.

But we have known all along that it was almost certainly a neck injury and that it could be season ending. The fact that he showed up for practice and talked to the media is encouraging, considering the constant doom and gloom rumours on this forum . ;)

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
A dressed Letang doesn't necessarily mean a healthy Letang. Same goes for Geno. They're surely going to be banged up if they play. To be fair though, a Letang and Geno at like 10% health are better than Trotman and Blueger in their respective positions. Not that I dislike Blueger (Trotman can chill in the AHL for all eternity imo) but he's not exactly scoring line center material.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'd like the lines if AJ was in for Wilson. I know NHL coaches and front office guys love their grit, but there's no way I'd play Wilson over AJ. A Blueger-Cullen-AJ fourth line would be terrific.

I suppose that's a relatively minor issue though. Glad to see McCann back with Sid and Jake.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad