Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread | Blue! My Boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
No flipping idea. It appears that Sully likes starting Murray in the first of a back 2 back, but Montreal is a more important game, so...
There is an argument lets get two points against Sabres for sure and then whatever with Montreal, what if we lose against sabres because of your goalie and then get killed by Habs with Murray...:huh:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
There is an argument lets get two points against Sabres for sure and then whatever with Montreal, what if we lose against sabres because of your goalie and then get killed by Habs with Murray...:huh:

Yeah sending a sign that all games are important at this point anyway.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

I can see both ways but Montreal to me is a must win. Would rather have my starter for the must win.

Reactions: BHD

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Montreal is a potential four point swing. So, it is much different. Desmith also hasn’t played a game without giving up 3+ goals since 12/31.

And if you stack the seck against Buffalo get your 2 the Montral game is less important.

There is no right or wrong answer.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I think its a fair bit more important to stop Montreal getting points than Buffalo.

Its not about stopping Montreal its about acquiring the points WE need. Stacking the deck against the worse team allows you a good chance to secure 2 and go from there.

If you go DeSmith tonight you open up a bigger oppurtunity to blow the easier 2 and now your in a coin flip to get anything out of the weekend.

Im not saying its the right way but theyre is obviously an argument.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Sullivan has not handled the goaltending situation particularly well this year. We're in the home stretch here. Murray's gotta play and figure it out. He hasn't been horrible, so it's not like it's a big ask of Sullivan to trust the guy that got you two Cups.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Pens are 13th in the league standings right now.

Mediocre as f***.

Absolutely checks out.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Phil Kessel please score a damn goal or three against Montreal, thanks.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Can the 2015 Jimmy Rurherford come back? Please no more of this throw a bunch of random shit against the wall and hope something sticks strategy.

I’ve been saying it for the last 2 years, we need a friggin respectable back up goalie. But this wasn’t made a priority because of all the other deficiencies.

Maybe JR and his group of joke helpers will realize it this summer.

Last edited:

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I went to an ECHL game last night. Indianapolis Fuel (CHI) vs. Cincinnati Cyclones (BUF). I sat along the glass beside the penalty box, the home team (Cincy) won 8-2 and there was a pretty big fight directly in front of me.

Indy ran the worst PK I've ever seen in my life.

That arena was ****ing ROCKING. I was shocked. I've heard quieter games at multiple NHL arenas.

Reactions: Nakawick

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
DeSmith is an AHL journeyman and outside of his replacement magic for a while he's shown to be nothing but that.

Not playing your #1 as much as you can when he's not been playing regurlarly is stupid as hell. If you hope to get a run this year out of this team you need to pray that Murray gets back to form, other than that forget about it.

Edit: So obviously we had to give him a NHL contract, because why not... Not hating on Casey, he's done good for what he's been asked and was severily outplaying Murray for periods this season. But what the actual hell...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We need to win in regulation tonight. Not a lot of faith that we do but....we gotta.

Reactions: Andy99

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Price’s career record against the Pens is;

12-12-4, .907 sv%, 2.98GAA

So he’s probably shutting them out tonight.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Price’s career record against the Pens is;

12-12-4, .907 sv%, 2.98GAA

So he’s probably shutting them out tonight.

It doesn’t matter what his career is...what matters is this year and when he played us in October he only let in one goal and had a .955 save %

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->