All-Purpose News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Wrestlemania 37 will be in LA. Or LA area at least. Inglewood stadium. Hardly a surprise.

Awesome, I figured it was only a matter of time before that new stadium got Mania. I can hopefully scratch Mania off my bucket list next year as travel/hotel costs would be reduced.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Inglewood? Prepared to hear about Wrestlemania coming from "The Gateway to Hollywood!" or something equally foolish.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Awesome, I figured it was only a matter of time before that new stadium got Mania. I can hopefully scratch Mania off my bucket list next year as travel/hotel costs would be reduced.

I might be in San Jose at that time. Do you know if its easy to get to that stadium from SJ? By car or other ways?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I might be in San Jose at that time. Do you know if its easy to get to that stadium from SJ? By car or other ways?

Did a quick Google search this morning and there's supposed to be a new MetroLink line which runs to the stadium. My cousin lives right by LA Union Station, so I've stayed over at his place a few times to watch stuff at Staples Center and then take the Amtrak back down. Not sure if Amtrak is the way to go from NorCal to LA. Should be plenty of cheap Southwest flights from San Jose/Oakland/SFO to LAX/Burbank/Long Beach. I suppose it's not the worst drive in the world (probably 5-6 hours) if you were to drive yourself, but you'd probably have to take that Monday off work.

I'm curious to see how much daylight gets into the stadium. That was the one bummer with WM31 in Santa Clara that Sting's entrance was in broad daylight.

Reactions: Kaner9

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
They are building a new light rail line that goes through Inglewood but the stop is about 1.3 miles away from the stadium.

Yikes, although I shouldn't be surprised. Looks like there is a proposal for an additional people mover from the station to the stadium, but who knows if that'd be in place by 2021. Hopefully they work the kinks out with the NFL games (I'm giving a passing thought to watching Guns 'N Roses there in August).

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
And of course a hollywood hogan match

Hollywood Hogan vs Hollywood Rock - Once in a Lifetime from The Gateway to Hollwood!

Speaking of Rock, his daughter signed with WWE and is training at the performance centre.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Hollywood Hogan vs Hollywood Rock - Once in a Lifetime from The Gateway to Hollwood!

Speaking of Rock, his daughter signed with WWE and is training at the performance centre.

Yeah, I just posted my opinion of that in the Unpopular Opinions thread...

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ

Sorry Charlo plans changed no 16 titles... oh hey Simone.

I wonder will Mikey Cole mention her as 4th gen superstar :sarcasm:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
So... The Rock's daughter looks disturbingly similar to him.

the-rocks-daughter-simone-johnson-begins-training-at-wwe-performance-center-humbled-grateful-ready-to-work_0-e1581462890122.jpg

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Styles has been a waste at Mania. Had Jericho and that's it. It's quite sad his bout with Nakamura was a disappointment. Wasting him on non-wrestler Shane, dial tone Orton and now old man Taker is bad, to me.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The Huckster, the Immoral Hulk Hogan, is being inducted again! How thrilling.

Liger right now is probably better in the ring than the other inductees like Batista, some of the original NWO, Bellas, ever were. I guess that's not really fair to Hall.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Samoa Joe got a concussion filming a commercial for WWE, his second concussion in a month.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Scott Steiner collapsed backstage at Impact tapings, but he's doing ok. Thousands of freaks breathed great sighs of relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad