All-Purpose News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
CM Punk says he thinks Keith Lee should win the royal rumble. :thumbu: He mightbe a cranky mma washout but the man knows his wrestling.

Reactions: SnS

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Now this is just dumb. :thumbd:

from today's pwinsider.com:

WWE has issued an internal decree that going forward, the WWE NXT Women's Championship will be referred to and described as simply the "NXT Championship", PWInsider.com has confirmed. The decision was made to make the remove the gender-specific designation of the championship.

This past week on WWE Backstage, Raw Women's Champion Becky Lynch discussed her belief that WWE should stop referring to the women's division as such and just present everything, male or female, as just wrestling, believing that the history had been made and it was time to present things in a more progressive fashion.

WWE's change in how the NXT division will refer to the championship, currently held by Rhea Ripley, is obviously the first step in that direction, but there is no word yet whether Raw or Smackdown will be following suit.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
CM Punk says he thinks Keith Lee should win the royal rumble. :thumbu: He mightbe a cranky mma washout but the man knows his wrestling.

I love watching Lee. I really wasn't that familiar with him prior to NXT but I've become a fan of his. What he can do for his size is so impressive.

Reactions: Kaner9

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I love watching Lee. I really wasn't that familiar with him prior to NXT but I've become a fan of his. What he can do for his size is so impressive.

Very enjoyable to watch. I watched a little of him prior to his NXT debut and I've seen the odd match he has in NXT. He has a shot at being an ever rare top end babyface.

Now this is just dumb. :thumbd:

from today's pwinsider.com:

WWE has issued an internal decree that going forward, the WWE NXT Women's Championship will be referred to and described as simply the "NXT Championship", PWInsider.com has confirmed. The decision was made to make the remove the gender-specific designation of the championship.

This past week on WWE Backstage, Raw Women's Champion Becky Lynch discussed her belief that WWE should stop referring to the women's division as such and just present everything, male or female, as just wrestling, believing that the history had been made and it was time to present things in a more progressive fashion.

WWE's change in how the NXT division will refer to the championship, currently held by Rhea Ripley, is obviously the first step in that direction, but there is no word yet whether Raw or Smackdown will be following suit.

The dumbest part is having two titles with the same name. If they want to indicate some sort of equivalency between the titles that Lynch believes doesn't exist, they should call one the women's NXT championship and the other the men's NXT championship. That would seem pretty reasonable. Not surprising that WWE would handle something stupidly though. I expect that some of the women are going to push for more and hope that WWE avoids going full TNA/Impact.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think what she was going for was what a lot of the top women say, which is they don't want to be presented as 'women's wrestling' because it insinuates that it's a gimmick, unlike when the men wrestle, you don't hear people calling it 'men's wrestling' or the 'men's division.' It wasn't specific to the championships. TNA just took off what WWE was doing at that time, which was calling all of the women 'divas.'

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
May as well add this. Apparently Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson made a bit of a scene at Rocky Johnson's funeral when they spoke at it. Vince apparently did his Vince walk and said that Johnson's main accomplishment was having The Rock with Ata Maivia and that the service was too long, and Patterson rambled and cursed until he was cut off. People are divided as to whether they were drunk, senile, crazy, or a combination of some or all elements.

This may be both the solution to and the cause of the problem...

tumblr_p13mt7Bb5f1u1urgoo1_400.gifv

tumblr_p13mt7Bb5f1u1urgoo2_r1_400.gifv

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Separated shoulder for AJ, which he suffered in the Rumble.

Rumor on Sasha is that she has an ankle injury and wasn't cleared, with Kelly Kelly replacing her.

Plan for Edge at Wrestlemania is Randy Orton

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

Rumor on Sasha is that she has an ankle injury and wasn't cleared, with Kelly Kelly replacing her.

I actually watched the Rumble match, because its may favorite match/event, and still watch it even when I'm not actively watching WWE.

You could tell Styles got hurt on that spear and then you saw him taking to trainers in the corner and two seconds later he's thrown out in what looked like a clear audible.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina

yeah, I noticed the AJ injury when it happened.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A note on Charlotte, I'll put it in spoils but the news is being reported.

Plan for Charlotte at Wrestlemania is Rhea Ripley

Reactions: ColePens

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Apparently Bork approached Matt Riddle at the Rumble and basically said stop bringing him up on Twitter because they were never working together.

LOL.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Apparently Bork approached Matt Riddle at the Rumble and basically said stop bringing him up on Twitter because they were never working together.

LOL.

If and when they do have a match it will be worth watching it to see the potatoes.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Pretty sure Brock wins a potato fight rather easily.

It wouldn't be smart for Riddle to get involved in that but I don't think that Riddle is smart. Then again, he always seems to keep his name out there with his incidents.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
It wouldn't be smart for Riddle to get involved in that but I don't think that Riddle is smart. Then again, he always seems to keep his name out there with his incidents.

Right. Even the the strongest chins of his weight would get wrecked by a mediocre punch at Brock's.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Booker t says The Revival turn down wwe offer of almost a million. Free agent season coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad