All-Purpose News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Hope the Time Splitters bring back the orange vests.

I like to think that if Vince even watches NXT, he is already quite confused by Kushida dressing like Marty McFly. Even Back to the Future has to be a cultural reference that is too recent for him.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Impact Wrestling's Hard to Kill main event is likely hosed after Tessa Blanchard's meltdown today and revelation of past events.

The company pretty much spent all of 2019 building her up as a top star and tomorrow likely would have seen her beat Sami Callahan to win their top belt.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
She won the belt, I had forgotten about Impact Wrestling and that it was still around. But I saw the headlines of her win, and was like, what the hell? Especially after the accusations of racism and bullying from other wrestlers hit the Internet yesterday.

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I found it funny that Blanchard went for a typical self-indulgent social media post and it blew up in her face. There have been rumblings about her for some time but it was never so direct. Now with her winning the Impact belt, we can see that the TNA DNA still runs strong in that company.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I found it funny that Blanchard went for a typical self-indulgent social media post and it blew up in her face. There have been rumblings about her for some time but it was never so direct. Now with her winning the Impact belt, we can see that the TNA DNA still runs strong in that company.

Man you aren't kidding. It was quite sad to see. I love wrestling but I try to stay far far far away from who a lot of these people are backstage. There is jsut some gross old school stuff backstage. Very disturbing.

And in the last 12 months we had a woman's match main event WM. We had a woman win a World Championship with wrestling lineage in her family tree. And even though it may comes with A LOT of baggage, 2 women did wrestle in SA. We also had a first time ever MNR female commentator. The NXT Women's division is one of the best things ive ever seen. Stardom is out there. There is just really good things going.

I actually do not want to see the disgustingness behind but really should have highlighted an amazing 12 months for female wrestling.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm surprised that Scurll re-signed with Ring of Honor rather than AEW. Meltzer thinks that he'll try to get them working together... not sure what AEW gets out of that.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I'm surprised that Scurll re-signed with Ring of Honor rather than AEW. Meltzer thinks that he'll try to get them working together... not sure what AEW gets out of that.

They also gave him a spot on creative and rumored WWE main roster money. I wanted to see him in AEW but it's good for ROH that he stayed. Might be able to keep that ship afloat.

I'd rather see AEW work with NJPW before ROH, like you said, other than Scurll, I don't see AEW getting much out of that.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I think Scurll made the right call. ROH is ripe for the taking. It's not like they've always been a joke. He could be the biggest fish there.

In AEW with his friends I think he'd get lost in the shuffle. I assume they would also think he should put over everyone as he's be one of the few that would have at least somewhat main stream appeal, ala Omega and the Bucks.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Benoit's kid had an interview with Chris Van Vleit.

Among the more interesting parts is where he briefly alludes to Chris Nowitzky taking money from the WWE to not talk about Chris having CTE. It's later in the interview.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Man he looks just like Chris. Goodness. :(
Yep. I would wager to guess that he has no shot in the wrestling business. I doubt anyone would want to use the name Benoit on their program yet and he looks so much like his dad it's scary.

Seems like a good, well adjusted kid, all things considered.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Man he looks just like Chris. Goodness. :(

The look isn’t the creepy part. He has the exact same voice, just less raspy, and laugh.

Yep. I would wager to guess that he has no shot in the wrestling business. I doubt anyone would want to use the name Benoit on their program yet and he looks so much like his dad it's scary.

Seems like a good, well adjusted kid, all things considered.

I think AEW would. I think you’d have to get out ahead of it though and preemptively release a statement that he’s not going to be punished for the sins of his father.

The problem is, if you listen to the whole interview, he wants to be billed as Chris Benoit Jr., wear the same ring gear, and have the same music.

I get it, but it’s gonna be an uphill climb for him anyways. If he’s gonna make it he’s gonna have to do it in spite of his Dad’s name, not in tribute to it.

Reactions: HandsomeHollywood

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Chris Benoit Jr. with the same gear and music would be a... very bold move. I'm sure that WWE would not sign off on the music and someone would talk him out of it. It's akin to one of Mussolini's sons deciding to go into Italian politics 15 years after WW2, but calling himself Benito Mussolini Jr. and wearing his father's old uniforms and using the same slogans. I imagine that Jericho will give Benoit's son some opportunities, for instance I imagine that Jericho is how he got that interview, but not if he goes as Chris Benoit Jr.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Chris Benoit Jr. with the same gear and music would be a... very bold move. I'm sure that WWE would not sign off on the music and someone would talk him out of it. It's akin to one of Mussolini's sons deciding to go into Italian politics 15 years after WW2, but calling himself Benito Mussolini Jr. and wearing his father's old uniforms and using the same slogans. I imagine that Jericho will give Benoit's son some opportunities, for instance I imagine that Jericho is how he got that interview, but not if he goes as Chris Benoit Jr.

He talked about the theme song, I don't think WWE has any control of it, as it wasn't created in house. Our Lady Peace did the theme.

So in other words, I think it'd be the same as Punk's music. If he wants to use it somewhere else he can, as the band owns the rights, and WWE just pays them to be able to use it.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
She won the belt, I had forgotten about Impact Wrestling and that it was still around. But I saw the headlines of her win, and was like, what the hell? Especially after the accusations of racism and bullying from other wrestlers hit the Internet yesterday.

I just listened to the Jim Cornette Drive Thru and they had this funny tape(audio) of Tessa allegedly taking a poop on the toilet. One of the most hilarious things I heard in a long time when Jim was listening to it. There is a clip on youtube that I won't post because it is very very NSFW

Reactions: SenatorsHockey

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I just listened to the Jim Cornette Drive Thru and they had this funny tape(audio) of Tessa allegedly taking a poop on the toilet. One of the most hilarious things I heard in a long time when Jim was listening to it. There is a clip on youtube that I won't post because it is very very NSFW
My sides were sore because I was laughing so much when I was listening to that. :laugh:

Reactions: SenatorsHockey

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
My sides were sore because I was laughing so much when I was listening to that. :laugh:

It's probably the strangest thing that has been heard on a wrestling podcast, no matter who that woman was. Pretty funny regardless.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Psicosis II assaults Konnan outside Impact tapings.

Video has surfaced of wrestler Juan Gonzalez (also known as Psicosis II and Leon Negro) arguing with and then slapping or punching Konnan outside last night's Impact Wrestling taping in Mexico City.

Video in link.

Psicosis II assaults Konnan outside Impact tapings

fgight.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad