All-Purpose News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I remember when Renee (Paquette) was on The Score, she was good despite being pretty new to broadcasting. I hope that she gets a decent spot with something hockey or basketball related. It's also typical that Vince would get pretty much what he wanted in a legitimate sports media person, have that person actually become tied to wrestling, and then pretty much blow it. She was a bad commentator but definitely good as a host and interviewer.

Quite the sendoff she's gotten as well:

Reactions: iamjs and Kaner9

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I remember when Renee (Paquette) was on The Score, she was good despite being pretty new to broadcasting. I hope that she gets a decent spot with something hockey or basketball related. It's also typical that Vince would get pretty much what he wanted in a legitimate sports media person, have that person actually become tied to wrestling, and then pretty much blow it. She was a bad commentator but definitely good as a host and interviewer.

What did Vince/WWE blow in this situation? I've not kept up with things but was she not happy or she just got a better opportunity?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
What did Vince/WWE blow in this situation? I've not kept up with things but was she not happy or she just got a better opportunity?

I don't think it's all out yet regarding her motivations. Her husband leaving the company is a significant factor I imagine. My thought is more that WWE missed a chance to integrate her (or any host/interviewer really) into the show to a greater degree. I'd also guess that she expected a bit more from WWE's move to Fox. There's no reason for WWE not to have someone in a Mean Gene type of role and she would fit the bill pretty well, which is why she will likely get decent offers from actual sports broadcasting.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I don't think it's all out yet regarding her motivations. Her husband leaving the company is a significant factor I imagine. My thought is more that WWE missed a chance to integrate her (or any host/interviewer really) into the show to a greater degree. I'd also guess that she expected a bit more from WWE's move to Fox. There's no reason for WWE not to have someone in a Mean Gene type of role and she would fit the bill pretty well, which is why she will likely get decent offers from actual sports broadcasting.
None of what you stated here has anything to do with Vince.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Anything WWE does has to do with Vince, particularly how WWE utilizes people.

Fox's utilization of Renee is down to Corona and lack of viewership for WWE Backstage. Plus she's gotten more and more "mainstream" interest. She actively tweets during Golden Knights games so based on that I'm guessing she might find her self working in hockey circles.

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Fox's utilization of Renee is down to Corona and lack of viewership for WWE Backstage. Plus she's gotten more and more "mainstream" interest. She actively tweetsa during Golden Knights games so based on that I'm guessing she might find her self working in hockey circles.

Eh she was a fairly minor part of things on Fox before any virus issues emerged. That's not to say that she should have been front and centre of everything, more that Vince/WWE wants people with an air of legitimacy for broadcasts but doesn't really use them well. It'll be good if she goes into hockey, she's done some work with the NHL before and it was a good fit on-air at least. It'll be somewhat disappointing if she just ends up in AEW.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If she wanted to do something else, and do wrestling, she can do that in AEW. She can’t in WWE. but the talk was that Fox still wanted her.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Dave Meltzer has more on Ranallo's departure from the WWE:

Unlike in the past, this departure was not on any negative terms. Ranallo has missed the last few NXT broadcasts due to going back to British Columbia where his mother has been hospitalized. He was looking for a less stressful schedule even though WWE did accommodate him as best they could as he had been doing the shows from a home studio in Santa Monica, California, where he lives, as opposed to flying into Orlando each week since the start of the pandemic.

Ranallo's departure comes at the same time WWE has been in talks with Stu Bennett (Wade Barrett) to come to the company full-time. Bennett started last week as a third announcer in working with Vic Joseph and Beth Phoenix on the NXT show.

Ranallo will continue to work for Showtime doing boxing and with Bellator doing MMA, but at 50, had achieved his childhood dream of announcing for WWE and was looking at devoting more time to mental health advocacy, doing voiceover work and other television and/or digital projects.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You think it's a good idea? Brock would just destroy the roster, then leave for WWE again. There's not a chance in hell he'll accept losing to a 150 pounder with the nickname "freshly squeezed".

it’s probably not a good idea, no lol

but it would be hella entertaining to watch WWE scramble

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
it’s probably not a good idea, no lol

but it would be hella entertaining to watch WWE scramble
I don't think it would make them flinch to be honest. They're already in the transition period for top stars, and they've spent 10 months a year for the last 3 years without a signed Brock anyhow.

The focus is on McIntyre, Lee, Cole, Fiend, Reigns (sadly), Rollins and others now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It’s not like Brock hasn’t been willing to sell for people. The only thing he cares about is trying to make more money out of it. If he thinks what he’s doing sucks that’s when he doesn’t give a shit, and it does suck. But he’ll still take the check.

Reactions: Kaner9 and CDJ

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I bet Lesnar could work Khan into some tremendous job title if Cody and company could get themselves executive positions. Grand Tsar of wrestling or something.

Reactions: CDJ

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Tony Khan should put his balls on the table and pay this man 10 milly

Vince would gladly double that, and I'm pretty sure Brock was already making more than that.

It’s not like Brock hasn’t been willing to sell for people. The only thing he cares about is trying to make more money out of it. If he thinks what he’s doing sucks that’s when he doesn’t give a shit, and it does suck. But he’ll still take the check.

People can criticize Brock all they want, but the man understands the business aspect of wrestling better than just about anybody else. He knows when he needs to be dominant and when he needs to sell for somebody, all to make himself look better in the long run and increase his value.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Ill miss Mauro on nxt even if hes way overboard sometimes

Does Brock Lesnar really bring in more than a $10 million a year return to WWE?

Isnt he pretty much the only guy who ever moves the needle for WWE? I heard that he does bring attention plus Vince doesn't want to lose a guy he thinks is a big star to competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad