All-Purpose News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
AEW is not good enough to be blacklisting real talent like Gallows and Anderson

I stopped watching modern wrestling again almost 2 months ago. They put Jericho in a program with a comedy gimmick that only works with a crowd and I checked out. Gotten too dumb. Maybe I’ll come back to watching when we can safely have crowds in attendance

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from today's pwinsider.com:

Today's WWE TV taping is scheduled to be Kairi Sane's final date with WWE, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Sane is finishing up her run on good terms, having made the choice to return to live in Japan full-time as she was married earlier this year.

Sane will remain part of WWE's extended family, but the episodes being taped today will be her last as part of this run.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I fully hope she'll make a cameo whenever they reschedule Mania for Tampa, if only so she can do an elaborate entrance from the pirate ship.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

from yesterday's pwinsider.com:

The New York Post had something of a "gotcha" article on WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair today, noting that he was seen without wearing a mask while buying coffee at a Georgia Starbucks despite the fact his wife Wendy, the former Fifi the Maid in WCW, is stricken with COVID-19.

The article also stated that their source claimed Flair was also positive with COVID-19, but Flair denied that was the case.

That is absolutely incorrect,” Flair told The Post. “My wife does [have the virus]… we live in a 5,000 square foot home. I live in the basement. She lives upstairs on the third floor and she got sick.”

The article noted that when asked about not wearing the mask, Flair hung up but later texted that his health was excellent.

Flair worked the last set of WWE TV tapings several weeks ago. The Post noted that WWE did not return a request for comment.

PWInsider.com sends our best to Wendy Barlow and the entire Flair/Barlow family.

Reactions: DaBadGuy316

DaBadGuy316

May 26, 2007
VanCity
Raw

Hour 1: 1.740/0.51 rating
Hour 2: 1.609/0.45 rating
Hour 3: 1.535/0.42 rating

1.628 avg
0.46 in 18-49
Up 4.29%
Orton vs Big Show was a flop like expected.

Reactions: KIRK

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Good Brothers signed with TNA with the ability to work NJPW.

They also did a podcast detailing everything that went on from when the signed their extension with WWE up until their release. Apparently they're not too fond of Heyman and Styles HATES Heyman now for screwing them. Also were very close to going to AEW and when they didn't kinda got some heat over there with the Bucks and others which led to AEW basically not being an option this time around.
I mean come on, are they really stupid enough to think it was Paul's call to get rid of them? Remember: There is a single solitary person who decides everything in WWE and his name is Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Reactions: DaBadGuy316

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
This has nothing to do with wrestling news, but I feel the need to post it here.

... I just randomly recalled that WWE once thought it was a good idea to do a series of videos on a depressed referee violently trying to commit suicide and portray it as comedy. This, by the way, began a month after Eddie Guerrero's death.

So, if you ever question, "How can WWE be so stupid", remember this...
I just watched these videos of the suicidal ref and I laughed until I had tears in my eyes.

the tears were probably for 3-4 different reasons.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I mean come on, are they really stupid enough to think it was Paul's call to get rid of them? Remember: There is a single solitary person who decides everything in WWE and his name is Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

correct

A.J. thinks the world is flat though so he definitely legitimately believes Heyman fired them

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Raw

1.628 avg
0.46 in 18-49
Up 4.29%

Just so I'm clear here... An episode of RAW in 2020 was main-evented by a guy who debuted in 2002 versus a guy who debuted in 1995?

Holy. f***.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Raw

1.628 avg
0.46 in 18-49
Up 4.29%

At this point they just might be better airing best of episodes

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I could never get behind Bret as a fan, honestly. Definitely a great worker though.

Seeing Cash absolutely deck that dude at the HOF was brilliant though.

Reactions: iamjs

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I could never get behind Bret as a fan, honestly. Definitely a great worker though.

Seeing Cash absolutely deck that dude at the HOF was brilliant though.

seeing Travis Browne get legitimate ground and pound in on him too >>>>

I honestly go back and watch Cash drop the dude probably once a month while I yell “FOR THE BOYZZZZZ!!!!”

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Punching the guy who tackled Bret Hart is, somewhat unfortunately, easily the best thing that Dash Wilder was able to do once moved up onto the main roster. There are worse claims to fame in WWE.

Reactions: Kaner9

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

I think it was more creative stuff with Heyman. He said he had all these plans for them and then didn't use them. Which probably led to VKM ok'ing the future endeavor.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Death Match Legend Necro Butcher Battling Cancer

He looked horrible when I saw a pic of him from a few months ago, makes a whole lot of sense now. Glad he got a diagnosis I guess, that’s the only way you can try and get better. Hopefully not another CZW tragedy...there’s been too many. Would be nice to get a feel good story for a change

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Meltzer just mentioned how this is usually the time frame for some of the best RAW ratings, with little sports competition outside of baseball.

... Imagine how badly WWE is gonna get destroyed in August and September, with MLB and NFL regular seasons, and NBA and NHL playoffs.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Death Match Legend Necro Butcher Battling Cancer

He looked horrible when I saw a pic of him from a few months ago, makes a whole lot of sense now. Glad he got a diagnosis I guess, that’s the only way you can try and get better. Hopefully not another CZW tragedy...there’s been too many. Would be nice to get a feel good story for a change
Z-Barr also passed away a few days ago. It's amazing that of all the guys in the early 2000's CZW that the one who is still alive and had by far the best career (that is still going strong today) is Nick Gage #MDK.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Z-Barr also passed away a few days ago. It's amazing that of all the guys in the early 2000's CZW that the one who is still alive and had by far the best career (that is still going strong today) is Nick Gage #MDK.

it really is crazy. Prison stint probably saved him tbh

Reactions: sabremike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad