OT: All Purpose NCAA Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The committee seems to value Conference Champs pretty heavily, so I'll keep my money on (Bama/GA), 12-0 ND, ACC champ Clemson, and a potential 12-1 Ohio St. I would take 1 loss Bama and 1 loss Oklahoma before OSU, but I don't think they agree.

They used to have some NFL dudes. Now they look like an FCS team.

The UCONN freak athlete defender was one of my favorite draft profiles for a good while. They produced Sio Moore, Wreh-Wilson, Trevardo Williams, Yawin Smallwood, Shamar Stephen, and Byron Jones in a 3 (!!) year stretch.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
IMO the only thing ESPN does well is college football and I try to stay away from Fox broadcasts so I haven't heard this and I'm totally and completely unfamiliar with anything basketball related. How would this work with football .

The Big Ten & ACC do a challenge every year where they pit all teams in each conference against each for a game. They go by strongest to weakest down the line to make the matchups.

Obviously for basketball it’s good for tv ratings & it doesn’t have the consequences of a loss that it would in football.

Reactions: Asnito

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The UCONN freak athlete defender was one of my favorite draft profiles for a good while. They produced Sio Moore, Wreh-Wilson, Trevardo Williams, Yawin Smallwood, Shamar Stephen, and Byron Jones in a 3 (!!) year stretch.
Not a freak but I loved Alfred Fincher back in the day. That’s when teams played base defense for about 75% of their snaps though.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Thank f*** Penn State finally decided not to piss me off this week. I can more than likely switchover early in this one too.

By the statistics they been in the top 15-25 range for most of Franklin’s tenure but next year I think they could push through in the top 10 as it’s probably going to be his best & deepest so far.

Yetur Gross-Matos & Micah Parsons are pretty easily his best two pro prospects on that side of the ball since getting here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cody Webster

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
The committee seems to value Conference Champs pretty heavily, so I'll keep my money on (Bama/GA), 12-0 ND, ACC champ Clemson, and a potential 12-1 Ohio St. I would take 1 loss Bama and 1 loss Oklahoma before OSU, but I don't think they agree.
I don't know who they would pick between OU and OSU if both are conference champions but if the committee has shown anything is that the coaches on it love Bama.

I would be surprised if Bama wasn't the 4th team. They have never lost by more than 14 points under Saban and it would take a big Georgia win to keep them out.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Yeah those are big shoes to fill. Saban has bias with his QB’s when it comes to styles. Tua was just too talented to ignore it.
He's changing though. I wouldn't be surprised if a Tua type isn't what he recruits in the future.

After the loss to Manziel he changed the type of D Lineman he recruits and they're much more mobile. He also modified his defensive scheme.

I personally think he's like Torquemada, he self flagellates. One whip for every point given up. :DD

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Is Olivia Dekker the best sideline reporter going right now? And by best I mean best looking. Holy smokes.

VQsd6StS_400x400.jpg

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
@LegionOfDoom91 @JojoTheWhale @FLYguy3911

Is Tua a legit pro prospect at QB?
Just to add to this but Tua reminds me a lot of Baker Mayfield. Totally different personalities but have the "IT" factor, move well, very acccurate, thrive under pressure and both throw a really good deep ball. I'm sure there's other people on here who could break it down better for you

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad