OT: All purpose NCAA thread v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I feel it's my duty to state that the redshirt freshman who whipped PSU's Vincenzo Joseph for the 165lb national championship (and also won most outstanding wrestler) is Mekhi Lewis from Virginia Tech. He is our program's first NCAA champion, and was the 8th(!) seed in the tournament. Kid has a great future ahead of him it seems.

Extremely impressive tournament from Lewis! He took out arguably the 3 best wrestlers in his class to capture his 1st national title: Marinelli, Wick, and Joseph. (I was favoring Wick as the darkhorse to win it.)

He’s got some crazy untapped potential, too. This past summer, he picked up freestyle and went on to win gold at Junior World in the 74 kg class. That’s f***ing unbelievable... Some great NCAA wrestlers didn’t have much success in international events. To have an inexperienced wrestler just jump in to competition and win gold is unheard of.

Looking forward, projecting a bid for the 2020 Olympics is probably way too aggressive. He’d have to go through Burroughs, which I don’t see happening. Even old man Burroughs is top 3 in the world. Stay tuned for the next couple of years, though. Lewis is part of the bright future of USA Wrestling.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Guess who has Tennessee -2?

Oof, that's a rough one coming off the way Purdue played in their last game - I wouldn't have taken that one. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to stick it to you :laugh: That one ****er, Carlos (Edwards?) I guess is an inconsistent shooter by reputation, but he's making too many. Can't stand ****ing Purdue. Blech, this tournament blows.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Coach K with a horseshoe up his ass.

Nah, we missed too many shots in the 2nd. Taking Duke to the buzzer is not the worst way to have a season end though, especially since I'm used to having a win over UVA, Duke, or UNC as the marker of a successful season lol. I hope Buzz stays.

Zion is a specimen of humanity.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I'm pretty pissed at Houston tbh, they had that game and shit the bed Sixers style, complete with boneheaded foul

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Nah, we missed too many shots in the 2nd. Taking Duke to the buzzer is not the worst way to have a season end though, especially since I'm used to having a win over UVA, Duke, or UNC as the marker of a successful season lol. I hope Buzz stays.

Zion is a specimen of humanity.
Apparently A&M is offering Buzz 3.5/year.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Was that weak side block by Zion actually a block and not a goaltend? I don't think I ever seen a block like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad