OT: All purpose NCAA thread v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I want to say that Ralph Sampson's Virginia teams choked in the tourney, too - am I remembering incorrectly?

79-80, they won the NIT. His last 3 years they won the 3rd place game after losing to UNC in the Final Four, lost to UAB in the 2nd or 3rd round, and then lost to NC St's National Championship team in the Ro16.

No, I don't know why I know this either.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
79-80, they won the NIT. His last 3 years they won the 3rd place game after losing to UNC in the Final Four, lost to UAB in the 2nd or 3rd round, and then lost to NC St's National Championship team in the Ro16.

No, I don't know why I know this either.

Yeah, those last two are what I was thinking of.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Kansas St should file a complaint with the NCAA. Basically gave the Anteaters a home game as a 13 seed. Terrible.

(Only kidding as I head KSU going pretty deep)

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I can't wait for the freak out when the Sixers go back to Washington for a pick. Thybulle is good and people won't care.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

tenor.gif

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
So, that tournament eh? PSU representing, putting distance between themselves and the other teams. Had 6 guys in the semi-finals tonite, 5 of which are advancing to the finals. Pretty decent evening, reckon so.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So, that tournament eh? PSU representing, putting distance between themselves and the other teams. Had 6 guys in the semi-finals tonite, 5 of which are advancing to the finals. Pretty decent evening, reckon so.

Football is obviously their main concern but their sports program both for men’s & women’s sports as a whole is pretty strong.

Which makes it strange why they’re just so content with being a bottom level program in men’s basketball. Not saying they need to be a Duke or something insane but why not at least stride for being a decent middle of the road program at least.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Head over to BlackShoeDiaireis, it is one of the largest issues with distinct sides, splitting the family apart.

I too wonder why mbb has been so historically poor, and why wbb has fallen on hard times recently. However, the PSU admin recently separated with the wbb HC, while the worse performing mbb HC remains. #BecauseReasons

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Head over to BlackShoeDiaireis, it is one of the largest issues with distinct sides, splitting the family apart.

I too wonder why mbb has been so historically poor, and why wbb has fallen on hard times recently. However, the PSU admin recently separated with the wbb HC, while the worse performing mbb HC remains. #BecauseReasons

It just seems like they’re content with doing the bare minimum that’s required of them to collect that $15M or whatever (I think in that ballpark was what they last reported in their expense/revenue report) it is in revenue from it every year.

Reactions: Ruck Over

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I can't wait for the freak out when the Sixers go back to Washington for a pick. Thybulle is good and people won't care.
I was going to say this yesterday. It's hard to get excited about a Senior scoring below 10 PPG but his defensive numbers are absurd.

He's the type they are going to have to look for moving forward. Non-ball dominant, athletic, potentially elite defender. My guess is they would have to take him with their own 1st if they want him.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad