OT: All purpose NCAA thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Kendal Briles is apparently going to Florida State as their new OC.
I was originally a big Art Briles fan after I heard the story about how both his parents were killed in a car accident on the way to see him start his first game at the University of Houston but after reading about all the crap that went down at Baylor both him and his son can PISS OFF.

The sheer volume of sexual assaults that happened under their watch is just disturbing. :shakehead

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I was originally a big Art Briles fan after I heard the story about how both his parents were killed in a car accident on the way to see him start his first game at the University of Houston but after reading about all the crap that went down at Baylor both him and his son can PISS OFF.

The sheer volume of sexual assaults that happened under their watch is just disturbing. :shakehead

Him & his son are pretty good football minds but yeah. There’s way more ties to the situation with Art but obviously there’s some stink around Kendal too.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Art is definitely more responsible but Kendal knew what was going on. Just because you're not the Alpha male doesn't mean you let it go.

IMO football has taken more kids and turned them into men than any other sport in America. Winning matters but not at the expense of you and your programs integrity but unfortunately that is the way big time college football works nowadays.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Art is definitely more responsible but Kendal knew what was going on. Just because you're not the Alpha male doesn't mean you let it go.

IMO football has taken more kids and turned them into men than any other sport in America. Winning matters but not at the expense of you and your programs integrity but unfortunately that is the way big time college football works nowadays.

Yeah I mean Art is completely unemployable but Kendal is going on his third OC job since after all that. This is his first big exposure gig at Florida State opposed to Florida Atlantic & Houston previously. He’s been an OC for a while now through all those gigs & at Baylor. I don’t really know if he’ll ever get a head coaching job anywhere somewhat noteworthy.

Reactions: Asnito

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'll play, but no one is touching my avatar area lol

OQIveJHF_400x400.jpg

You lose you gotta switch to this.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
He was pretty bad at Miami, that overshadows it. He’s been a position coach with the Lions since then. So he’s fallen off the map altogether.
It's unfortunate because that was doomed to fail from the beginning. Wherever Golden had been, he took a bit of PSU with him, that iconic respectful, tough, bout your business, grades matter attitude he was emulating from JoePa. That was not going to work in Miami. Add on top of that the sanctions Miami maybe, maybe not, were going to incur for the all the dirt being tossed around, he was put in a losing situation. That was a job he probably shouldn't have taken, although you can only pass on those type of things maybe once before the door just closes on you.

I get it, I was rooting for him, was not surprised he failed there. Univ of Miami is donkey balls. And now they're getting their lunch eaten by everyone else, which makes it even sweeter.

(I feel a little similar about Rhule @ Baylor, but they seem to be a bit more reasonable for the time being.)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The higher up’s at Miami don’t want the renegade program perception they had in their glory days. Even after Golden they essentially turned to same guy in Richt albeit with a much better resume. They don’t care about the knuckle draggers who yearn for the old days because most of the time are not local &/or they’re not alumni.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Here's a list of all the games

Saturday, Dec. 15

1. New Mexico Bowl: North Texas vs. Utah State
2. AutoNation Cure Bowl: Tulane vs. Louisiana
3. Mitsubishi Motors Las Vegas Bowl: Arizona State vs. Fresno State
4. Raycom Media Camellia Bowl: Georgia Southern vs. Eastern Michigan
5. R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl: Middle Tennessee vs. Appalachian State

Tuesday, Dec. 18

6. Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl: Northern Illinois vs. UAB

Wednesday, Dec. 19

7. DXL Frisco Bowl: Ohio vs. San Diego State

Thursday, Dec. 20

8. Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl: South Florida vs. Marshall

Friday, Dec. 21

9.. Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl: Florida International vs. Toledo
10. Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: BYU vs. Western Michigan

Saturday, Dec. 22

11. Birmingham Bowl: Wake Forest vs. Memphis
12. Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl: Houston vs. Army
13. Dollar General Bowl: Buffalo vs. Troy
14. Hawaii Bowl: Louisiana Tech vs. Hawaii

Wednesday, Dec. 26

15. Servpro First Responder Bowl: Boston College vs. Boise State
16. Quick Lane Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. Minnesota
17. Cheez-It Bowl: Cal vs. TCU

Thursday, Dec. 27

18. Walk-On's Independence Bowl: Duke vs. Temple
19. New Era Pinstripe Bowl: Miami vs. Wisconsin
20. Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl: Baylor vs. Vanderbilt

Friday, Dec. 28

21. Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl: Auburn vs. Purdue
22. Camping World Bowl: West Virginia vs. Syracuse
23. Valero Alamo Bowl: Iowa State vs. Washinton State

Saturday, Dec. 29

24.Belk Bowl: South Carolina vs. Virginia
25. Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl: Florida vs. Michigan
26. Nova Home Loans Arizona Bowl: Arkansas State vs. Nevada

Monday, Dec. 31

27. Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman: Cincinnati vs. Virginia Tech
28. Hyundai Sun Bowl: Pittsburgh vs. Stanford
29. Redbox Bowl: Michigan State vs. Oregon
30.. AutoZone Liberty Bowl: Missouri vs. Oklahoma State
31. San Diego County Cedit Union Holiday Bowl: Utah vs. Northwestern
32. TaxSlayer Gator Bowl: NC State vs. Texas A&M

Tuesday, Jan. 1

33. Outback Bowl: Iowa vs. Mississippi State
34. Citrus Bowl: Kentucky vs. Penn State
35. Fiesta Bowl: LSU vs. UCF
36. Rose Bowl: Washington vs. Ohio State
37. Sugar Bowl: Texas vs. Georgia

College Footbal Playoff

Saturday, Dec. 29: Semifinals

38. Capital One Orange Bowl: Alabama vs. Oklahoma
39. Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic: Clemson vs. Notre Dame
Monday, Jan. 7: Championship

40. CFP National Championship Game: Pick Winner
+20 points for picking correct matchup and +20 points for picking winner.

Last edited:

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
The higher up’s at Miami don’t want the renegade program perception they had in their glory days. Even after Golden they essentially turned to same guy in Richt albeit with a much better resume. They don’t care about the knuckle draggers who yearn for the old days because most of the time are not local &/or they’re not alumni.
That's all well and good, and the resume will speak loudly in this situation. But all the noise around the program, alumni, boosters, etc. made so much more degrading noise concerning Golden, especially expectations about being competitive, that it damaged his ability to install the type of program he wanted, from an overarching culture shift, to actually getting the players he wanted signed and etc.

Because of the flame-out with Golden, expectations have been tempered with Richt. And while Miami is in no way a patient location, Richt is benefiting from not having a program go through sanction discussions with the NCAA and etc. as well. Richt is succeeding in a different environment than what Golden walked into.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’m talking about walking into there. Richt was an alum, a southeast guy, & had a good record/recruiting at Georgia even though he ended up eventually getting fired. He checked a lot of boxes over Golden at the times of their hires. But ultimately it doesn’t matter as most of their fans want Richt gone now too. He’s probably coaching for his job next year.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I’m talking about walking into there. Richt was an alum, a southeast guy, & had a good record/recruiting at Georgia even though he ended up eventually getting fired. He checked a lot of boxes over Golden at the times of their hires. But ultimately it doesn’t matter as most of their fans want Richt gone now too. He’s probably coaching for his job next year.
Richt is not built for the Bama era of college football where you have to be a ruthless closer in recruiting. He's too easy go lucky and that's just not going to cut it when you're going up against some of the best recruiters in the country for South Florida talent.

If you take one look at his current class and the holes in it, I can understand why Miami fans want him gone. He has one committed O-lineman and is losing local talent galore. The straw that finally broke the camel's back on his time at UGA was losing Watson to Clemson and fielding non-SEC level offensive lines. I mean he told Deshaun Watson that he should change positions if he wanted a Georgia offer at one point.

I get what you're saying in respect to Miami's administration wanting to distance themselves from their past. We're not even that far removed from the Nevin Shapiro incident.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Richt is not built for the Bama era of college football where you have to be a ruthless closer in recruiting. He's too easy go lucky and that's just not going to cut it when you're going up against some of the best recruiters in the country for South Florida talent.

If you take one look at his current class and the holes in it, I can understand why Miami fans want him gone. He has one committed O-lineman and is losing local talent galore. The straw that finally broke the camel's back on his time at UGA was losing Watson to Clemson and fielding non-SEC level offensive lines. I mean he told Deshaun Watson that he should change positions if he wanted a Georgia offer at one point.

I get what you're saying in respect to Miami's administration wanting to distance themselves from their past. We're not even that far removed from the Nevin Shapiro incident.

Yeah I’m not blaming them for wanting him out but I just think their administration is going to find another type like him as I don’t think they’re willing to really get in the mud anymore.

I know the Shapiro thing happened under his tenure but even Randy Shannon was billed as no bs type.

Reactions: Asnito
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad