OT: All purpose NCAA thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
He was pretty bad at Miami, that overshadows it. He’s been a position coach with the Lions since then. So he’s fallen off the map altogether.
I don't follow the NFL at all so I was wondering what happened to him.

He really got the shaft at Miami with the boosters and some of the former players. He may not like the recruiting process but I think he would be an excellent hire for any program except for some of the elite ones.

One place he would probably fit very well would be K State.

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
Really like to see Temple shoot a little higher, but hey maybe Schiano can do for Temple what he did for Rutgers.

I agree about aiming higher. Unfortunately, I think Temple's past reputation as the joke of college football still precedes them. Even though they are no longer laughingstocks, any proven coach would still have pause about Temple. Unlike pro sports teams, reputations of college programs tend to take a long time to fade, whether good or bad.

Reactions: Asnito

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
temple should have gone in and built that stadium. they will never get a name guy as a coach until they show they aren't cheapskates.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The coaching salaries at big schools make it tougher on the likes of Temple. A good position coach now runs you like close to $500-600K a year while a good coordinator runs you like $1-2.5M a year.

Schiano is well compensated for his position at Ohio State but obviously his job security there isn’t great right now. Otherwise he’s probably just waiting around for a bigger job. Butch is in off the field analyst role with Alabama. Gattis is just a position coach at Alabama. So those two shouldn’t be really out of Temple’s price range but you’re still going to be paying them somewhere in the $2M a year range.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
I agree about aiming higher. Unfortunately, I think Temple's past reputation as the joke of college football still precedes them. Even though they are no longer laughingstocks, any proven coach would still have pause about Temple. Unlike pro sports teams, reputations of college programs tend to take a long time to fade, whether good or bad.
One thing that hurts Temple is the location also. Like it or not if you go to Temple you will at some point hear gunshots while you're out at night.

I've been to parties at the campus a couple of times and don't make a wrong turn going home drunk.

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
temple should have gone in and built that stadium. they will never get a name guy as a coach until they show they aren't cheapskates.

For what it's worth, Temple is paying $3 million a year to rent the Linc. No doubt the lack of having their own stadium has hurt Temple. The proposed on-campus stadium ran into the inevitable political red tape with residents and some students opposing it. The last I checked, the proposal was put on hold last summer. I don't know, maybe Temple should try to find another location?

Back to the coaching search, former Temple and current Baylor AC Francis Brown reportedly interviewed today.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Are you guys up for a Bowl Season contest @LegionOfDoom91 ,@Beef Invictus ,@Normand Lacombe ,@Captain Dave Poulin ,@gertbfrobe16 ,@flyershockey ,@FLYguy3911 ,@WeHaveBeenFletched ,@Petr Svoboda Mullet ,@Ruck Over ,@renberg ,@Cody Webster ,@Hollywood Couturier ?

I'll list all the Bowl Games and you can pick 1-10 with 10 being most confident, if you're right you get the points if wrong you lose the points. Twenty points for picking the CFP Final and 20 for picking the winner.

We can make it an avatar bet or the winner can pick the phrase under each posters name etc...

If you're in like the post.:thumbu:

Forgot to add @JojoTheWhale f you're up for it.

Last edited:

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Also the Bowl Season pick em is open to anyone who wants to play. I just highlighted the people who post in this thread .

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Are you guys up for a Bowl Season contest @LegionOfDoom91 ,@Beef Invictus ,@Normand Lacombe ,@Captain Dave Poulin ,@gertbfrobe16 ,@flyershockey ,@FLYguy3911 ,@WeHaveBeenFletched ,@Petr Svoboda Mullet ,@Ruck Over ,@renberg ,@Cody Webster ,@Hollywood Couturier ?

I'll list all the Bowl Games and you can pick 1-10 with 10 being most confident, if you're right you get the points if wrong you lose the points. Twenty points for picking the CFP Final and 20 for picking the winner.

We can make it an avatar bet or the winner can pick the phrase under each posters name etc...

If you're in like the post.:thumbu:

I'll play, but no one is touching my avatar area lol

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Georgia pulled the number one player from the state of Alabama today in Clay Webb. Bama was hard after the kid too. I would have never believed you three years ago if you told me Kirby would snag an Alabama kid that Saban was after.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Also as a heads up for the Bowl Season pick em I'll put together a couple of links for sites that will give a little insight into the matchups in case you're unsure about the teams.

With the exception of @LegionOfDoom91 who could probably name the 2 deep for every FBS school there will probably be a few teams you're unfamiliar with so this should help you make a better decision.

I'll post all the games tomorrow and the sites. Bowl Season starts Saturday so that will give everybody a few days to make their picks.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017

His son is a freshman on the team this year, scholarship player too so not just a walk-on.

That dude was one of the first coordinators to make 7 figures. He's probably pushing $2 million by now. Unless it's a big school offering double that he'd be a fool to leave.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce