OT: All Purpose NCAA Football Thread Part IV (Summer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
That and there's only a couple of kids in any given year that could afford to sit out an entire year and it not completely shatter their draft stock.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That and there's only a couple of kids in any given year that could afford to sit out an entire year and it not completely shatter their draft stock.

It’s honestly mostly the mid to low tier bowl games these kids are sitting out. Denzel Ward sat out the Cotton Bowl but even in that game you still had Darnold, Hubbard, Baker, etc. all playing despite being guys who should go high in the draft & that game really meaning nothing for them in terms of draft stock.

It’s really not a big deal. The NCAA should allow all players on the roster to be eligible for these games. So freshmen who are getting redshirted should still be able to play & not lose their redshirt status.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

giphy.gif

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Darnold and Rosen declare. Many believed Darnold would stay another year prior to the season. Money talks.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
USC fortunately got JT Daniels to reclassify from 2019 to the 2018 class. Otherwise they’d only be slated to have two QB’s as scholarship players on their roster next year (an RS SO in Matt Fink & an RS FR In Jack Sears).

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Lol, that's nothing. Assuming Eason transfers, UGA will only have two QB's on scholarship next year. Fromm and Fields. True Sophomore and True Freshman.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Lol, that's nothing. Assuming Eason transfers, UGA will only have two QB's on scholarship next year. Fromm and Fields. True Sophomore and True Freshman.

Yeah but Fromm is actually playing this year & playing well. Fields is arguably the best overall player in his class. The numbers aren’t ideal but I much rather have that situation than USC’s for next year.

In reality it’s getting tougher to go three deep with QB’s that you feel good about in today’s college football. Not that I blame them but there’s a lot of depth chart watching & transferring at the position. USC very well could lose one of Fink or Sears before the year even starts depending on how the depth goes after spring/summer & still going with an inexperienced first time starter next year.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Yeah but Fromm is actually playing this year & playing well. Fields is arguably the best overall player in his class. The numbers aren’t ideal but I much rather have that situation than USC’s for next year.

In reality it’s getting tougher to go three deep with QB’s that you feel good about in today’s college football. Not that I blame them but there’s a lot of depth chart watching & transferring at the position. USC very well could lose one of Fink or Sears before the year even starts depending on how the depth goes after spring/summer & still going with an inexperienced first time starter next year.
That's fair. It helps when the two guys were/are elite recruits.

It's going to be quite the task to navigate that situation moving forward for Kirby. Fromm strikes me as a 4 year guy, and an elite QB prospect like Fields is not going to want to sit that long. If Fromm is three and done, then the situation becomes really favorable for Fields, imo. He doesn't have to play early on in his career, saves the abuse on his body, and will still have two years to prove his pro potential.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That's fair. It helps when the two guys were/are elite recruits.

It's going to be quite the task to navigate that situation moving forward for Kirby. Fromm strikes me as a 4 year guy, and an elite QB prospect like Fields is not going to want to sit that long. If Fromm is three and done, then the situation becomes really favorable for Fields, imo. He doesn't have to play early on in his career, saves the abuse on his body, and will still have two years to prove his pro potential.

Alabama is in a similar situation with that Hawaiian kid (not even going to try & attempt to spell his name off the top of my head) & Hurts. Hurts definitely isn’t leaving early as there’s nothing to suggest he’s a QB at the next level. They’re only a year apart as they played the Hawaiian kid this year as a true freshmen.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Walkoff TD no XP needed. Vegas still wins.

What a breakdown. 2nd and 26. They had em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad