OT: All Purpose NCAA Football Thread Part IV (Summer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Georgia is a completely different team this half. They are running all over them and their D stepped up.

That terrible squib kick changed the game

Dawgs take the lead!

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I have no voice left. Now I have to find tickets for next week.

It's tough to say for sure since I'm not a neutral fan in this case, but that one is up there for me with the '06 Rose Bowl for the best damn game I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnS

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I don’t really care that these kids sit out of bowl games but they shouldn’t be making the trip & certainly shouldn’t be on the sidelines if that’s the decision they make.
I am not a fan of these kids sitting out bowl games. Why play at all once you have established yourself as a high draft pick?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Random bowl games are meaningless. When a player sits out the Playoff, they'll have my attention.
But why just sit out the bowl game? If you are a senior and your team is 0-5 why not just call it quits at that point? If you had a great freshman and sophomore year why play at all junior year? Just train somewhere and enter the draft.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I would. Probably a good half round or more later than I otherwise would have since at least 3/4ths of the teams would be scared off because he "doesn't love football." Love me some free value.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It’s not like players haven’t quit before when their teams seasons went down the drain. They were just still taking the field but playing not to get hurt.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The difference is that the kid has already proven himself with a body of work and playing for free in the Poulin Weed Eater Bowl isn't worth the risk. I don't think any rational NFL exec has a problem with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad