OT: All Purpose NCAA Football Thread Part IV (Summer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
It would be entertaining to listen to him troll all of the Harbaugh fans, versus just the ones with an SECN subscription.

I had a buddy at work once call him "a mix between Colin Cowherd and Jerry Springer", and I thought that was pretty fitting.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Big Ten really dips in fan support as you go from tiers in the conference amongst fan bases. There’s a fair amount of basically non-existent fan bases at the bottom of the league.

So he wouldn’t nearly have the amount or variety of idiot callers calling in. It would probably just be dominated by Ohio State, Michigan, & Penn State fans.

Of course there’s also the fact he’s a southern guy who’s been around SEC football his whole life.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
He's not expected to miss any time. No surgery required.

I think Fields is a year away from taking the job.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Potentially bad news for PSU fans; it looks like Cine is trending towards UGA. Once Kirby and Mel Tucker lock in on a DB target, they usually get them.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Demetris Robertson announces (via a video production, of course) that he'll transfer to UGA. Georgia kids going to California schools rarely seem to work out. He's looking for a hardship waiver to gain immediate eligibility, but I doubt that works out.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
That’s great but the football sucks.
Cal is plays a wide open offense. They were fourth in the PAC 12 in passing last season behind WSU, UCLA and USC; teams that really threw the ball. Ross Bowers is returning at QB this year and he is backed up by a So. Car. transfer who is well thought of in Brandon McIlwain. There would have been lots of opportunities for him to show his stuff if he had the goods.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Cal is plays a wide open offense. They were fourth in the PAC 12 in passing last season behind WSU, UCLA and USC; teams that really threw the ball. Ross Bowers is returning at QB this year and he is backed up by a So. Car. transfer who is well thought of in Brandon McIlwain. There would have been lots of opportunities for him to show his stuff if he had the goods.

I’m not saying he couldn’t have succeeded there from an individual standpoint (he had like 700 REC yards as a true freshman) but he wouldn’t have been winning shit as a team there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad