OT: All Purpose NCAA Football Thread (2014-15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Penn state is about 4 times better this year than last. Its going to be another crushing defeat. Especially since PSU takes over the Linc so Temple has zero home field advantage.

I would imagine that Temple is going to do something to try and curtail the PSU invasion? I went to see Rutgers play Temple a few years back and even with Rutgers the crowd was pretty well divided.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
We will see. Temple has gotten better also, I'm just saying people are over lookin temple this year. Temples defense is there strength and the offense has gotten better with Robey Anderson getting reinstated to the team and the running game getting some new blood.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Easier said then done. They have the same area and zip codes.

Yeah I don't see it happening. The Linc just doesn't fill up for Temple games. I'd wager the Owls average fewer than 25k people per home game. You gotta figure of that 25K-ish figure, probably a thousand or two are there for the away team, another handful are just there because they got free tickets or had nothing better to do and aren't really cheering for anyone. With PSU it would not surprise me to see 40k plus just for the PSU people. Temple is gonna get creamed.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I would imagine that Temple is going to do something to try and curtail the PSU invasion? I went to see Rutgers play Temple a few years back and even with Rutgers the crowd was pretty well divided.

Nope, Penn State has actually been advertising tickets for the game.

Temple doesn't get the fan support nor do they get the total revenue to turn opposing fans away from coming. I'd imagine their athletic department is giddy as hell that they not only have Penn State coming to the Linc this year but also Notre Dame.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
ACC is wizeak.

Yeah but they still draw Clemson, GT,& Florida (never can discount a rivalry game) all on the road this year. They're basically rebuilding a lot of their team & I've seen enough of Golson over the years to know he isn't anything special (the bigger the game the more he turns the ball over).

Last edited:

JHG

Jan 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
We have sold plenty of season tickets this year. I know, because I just ordered mine way late, and our entire side is sold out and has been since a week or so after becoming available.

As far as the Linc not filling up, it's 70K seats. Rutgers wouldn't fill it either. There's a reason we're building a stadium on campus.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
We have sold plenty of season tickets this year. I know, because I just ordered mine way late, and our entire side is sold out and has been since a week or so after becoming available.

As far as the Linc not filling up, it's 70K seats. Rutgers wouldn't fill it either. There's a reason we're building a stadium on campus.

You on owlscoop message boards too?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Temple's top pass rusher Praise Martin-Oguike might be out for Week 1 against PSU.

PSU's top TE Adam Breneman is out for Week 1 against Temple & quite possibly much longer. South Jersey's Mike Gesicki will be the starter at TE.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Me neither. If he fails with the Eagles I do think college will be his only option but we're at least a couple of years away from that.

I could see him taking an OC job if he's fired from the Eagles but did it while continuing to light up the league on offense. I just don't think he wants to go back to college coaching lifestyle. The recruiting and constant roster turnover is what keeps a lot of guys from going back.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I could see him taking an OC job if he's fired from the Eagles but did it while continuing to light up the league on offense. I just don't think he wants to go back to college coaching lifestyle. The recruiting and constant roster turnover is what keeps a lot of guys from going back.

I guess we'll see but I can't see him really coming back from that. I don't think he's really a big hit in the NFL circles as is & a failure after having a "my way or the high way" type of mentality could be the final nail in the coffin for his NFL coaching career IMO. The success or failure of the Eagles falls 100% on him given the complete control he has over the situation.

I don't think he'll go back to college by choice if that were to happen.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Chip? No way. The guy loves the control. I can't see him being an assistant again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany