Injury Report: All Purpose Injury Info

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I saw a report of Ted Wyman reporting Perreault as day-to-day. Is this more or less accurate?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
That would be fairly accurate. Also, could a mod edit the OP with the relevant and up-to-date info on injuries? Makes swimming for it less of a hassle.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Little end of the month
MP back this week
Matthias long term

Is this accurate?
Im wondering who goes back down? First two guys back down would be Petan and Copp? I hope Dano stays up he really needs to be here and playing over Thor. All three of them have played well mind you.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Little end of the month
MP back this week
Matthias long term

Is this accurate?
Im wondering who goes back down? First two guys back down would be Petan and Copp? I hope Dano stays up he really needs to be here and playing over Thor. All three of them have played well mind you.

Waive Thor. He can play with his new baby and be happy.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I want to see Perreault shifted back to wing. I'd like to see Stafford moved for futures, but realize he'll need to get back into the line-up and show he can produce before he'd return anything on the trade market.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I want to see Perreault shifted back to wing. I'd like to see Stafford moved for futures, but realize he'll need to get back into the line-up and show he can produce before he'd return anything on the trade market.

I agree with both of these. But I struggle to figure out who plays 3rd line centre all year, I guess it would be Lowry but I prefer him on the fourth line. Maybe their is an outside chance for Petan.

Laine Scheif Ehlers
Connor Little Wheeler
MP Petan Armia/Dano
Matthias Lowry Armia/Dano
Tanev

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Waive Thor. He can play with his new baby and be happy.

Another blind spot. Thor has two points the last 9 years, Dano comes up and gets that in two games, and can play gritty, tough in front of the net and on the walls. But he will go back down of course.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I agree with both of these. But I struggle to figure out who plays 3rd line centre all year, I guess it would be Lowry but I prefer him on the fourth line. Maybe their is an outside chance for Petan.

Laine Scheif Ehlers
Connor Little Wheeler
MP Petan Armia/Dano
Matthias Lowry Armia/Dano
Tanev

Lowry plays 3rd C, until he shows he can't cut it. He's been better at C than Perreault has been this season.

Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Lowry-Armia
Tanev-Copp/Petan-Dano

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Lowry plays 3rd C, until he shows he can't cut it. He's been better at C than Perreault has been this season.

Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Lowry-Armia
Tanev-Copp/Petan-Dano

Will they really not play staff, Matthias, burmi,Thor? I hope this stint from the kids makes them trade waive a few oldies.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
and i wouldn't be shocked if Armia's out until Christmas. pretty mum on his injury but i can only assume it's the same thing as Little. they're waiting for swelling to go down to see the extent. so, at least a month.

just a guess since the NHL has these f'ing stupid lack-of-disclosure rules for injuries that no other league has

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
and i wouldn't be shocked if Armia's out until Christmas. pretty mum on his injury but i can only assume it's the same thing as Little. they're waiting for swelling to go down to see the extent. so, at least a month.

just a guess since the NHL has these f'ing stupid lack-of-disclosure rules for injuries that no other league has

Hope not. I guess I forgot to ask how long Armia Staff are out in my previous post.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
These injuries are so frustrating....you watch last night, you see Helle improving, you see the high end talent click, I think if healthy we could be very good.....

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012

Little had a non-surgical knee injury, so likely off 4-6 weeks from the date of injury, Oct 13. I would not be surprised to see him playing within the next 2 weeks.
IIRC, Armia skated off on his own, putting weight on both legs. I was surprised at the implication he would be off LT--I would guess he'd be back around the same time as Little.
An MRI may show more injury than my eye test, however.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I went back and watched the Orpik hit on Armia - looked rather innocuous, but it did look like Armia's leg was in an awkward position when he got hit. Limped a bit, took a pass, dished the pass off, then gingerly made his way off. He was putting weight on both legs, but who knows how bad the injury was. Looked like a possible leg/knee thing.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
It's weird to have Stafford, Armia, Matthais, Little, and Perreault out and to not feel too thinned out on forward. This team has come a long, long way when it comes to forward depth. Now if they could just address the defensive depth...

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
It's weird to have Stafford, Armia, Matthais, Little, and Perreault out and to not feel too thinned out on forward. This team has come a long, long way when it comes to forward depth. Now if they could just address the defensive depth...

Half the top 6, but guys like Petan can fill that void easily.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
6-8 weeks with an ankle injury??
that's a fracture and i'm wondering how he broke his ankle by getting hit.
that sucks.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
6-8 weeks with an ankle injury??
that's a fracture and i'm wondering how he broke his ankle by getting hit.
that sucks.

High ankle sprain...... Jack Eichel has the same time frame.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

That's been a long time pet peeve for me as well.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
If out 8 weeks Armia will miss about 24 games. If he can come back in 6 weeks it will be about 18 games.

Little was seen kicking around a soccer ball prior to the Oct 27 game.

Good to have forward depth. Would hate to see an injury on D at this point, don't really need to see the former Islander Chevy coveted for 3 seasons making his NHL Jets regular season debut.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If out 8 weeks Armia will miss about 24 games. If he can come back in 6 weeks it will be about 18 games.

Good to have forward depth. Would hate to see an injury on D at this point, don't really need to see the former Islander Chevy coveted for 3 seasons making his NHL Jets regular season debut.

Agreed, wouldn't want to see the decimation on the backend that would get us all the way to Strait who with the call-up of Mechiori is at best 10th on the depth chart. We wouldn't be able to survive that they way we can injuries at forward.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

As I recall, the Jets tend to overestimate how long a player will be out. If they are saying "late November " for Little I think we can start expecting him by mid November or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00