Injury Report: All purpose injuries thread

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
No way lol! That was setup by Hammond, Prince and Puempel to see some playing time. :laugh:

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
If they were both knocked out, it would be more than just a mild concussion. Hopefully it is not too severe.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Could have been since he was part of the 3 man rush, didn't check before responding.

If it was Ceci then shame on me. :laugh:
Start hanging your head mister. It was Ceci. About his only blemish in what was a very good game but that one is on him.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Hope Andersson can come back soon or Murray will have some tough decisions to take. I really liked the way Hammond played against Montreal but I don't believe he has what it takes to do it night after night.

Why? Murray said today we're just going to ride out our goaltending. There is absolutely no sense in running out and getting a goalie given where we are in the standings.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
This is really bad news. I don't like hearing about our guys getting concussions. Both on the same play, that is very unusual.
Hope they take their time and recover 100%

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Why? Murray said today we're just going to ride out our goaltending. There is absolutely no sense in running out and getting a goalie given where we are in the standings.

Yup, this is why you have more than two goalies in your system. If we were looking to make a run in the playoff it would be different, but this season is done. Let the minor leaguers show what they got.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yup, this is why you have more than two goalies in your system. If we were looking to make a run in the playoff it would be different, but this season is done. Let the minor leaguers show what they got.

those are the two other goalies in our system, and we have another one in Sweden. Arguably the only stage we are missing is another one in the AHL, however, given that we just recently promoted our blue chip AHL'er, it stands to reason that we have a space.

We are set in nets at the pro level, and there is only so long that you can bury decent talent in the AHL. In a year or so, Dreiger will be the second guy in Bingo, or the Swede.

Not much else we can do. It is very rare that a team loses both of their NHL goalies.

Fusbolito

Jan 29, 2012
Brent WallaceVerified account ‏@tsn_wally

Craig Anderson has been activated from IR.

What now?

Fusbolito

Jan 29, 2012
Dreidger goes back to the minors minors, anderson is back up

Of course! But everyone knows what I'm really asking.

I'm a huge Anderson supporter, and I think that he is the #1 goalie of this team for sure until someone takes it away from him. I just don't know if you can take the A away from the hot hand right now. Would you guys go with Hammond or Anderson on Tuesday?

BigBush*

I'm a huge Anderson supporter, and I think that he is the #1 goalie of this team for sure until someone takes it away from him. I just don't know if you can take the A away from the hot hand right now. Would you guys go with Hammond or Anderson on Tuesday?

Hammond Tuesday, Andy Wednesday. If Andy plays well like he has all season I'd give him the starting job bacl

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Hammond is going against Minnesota and Anderson is going against Winnipeg the next day

It's the logical way to go about it

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I'd stick with Hammond until he loses, why change a good thing? He played back to back games in California against Ann & LA ,why can't he do it again especially if he wins Tuesday? Anderson has been hot & cold all yr, at least this kid is playing very well for us right now & not allowing any weak goals, I'd keep playing him.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I'd stick with Hammond until he loses, why change a good thing? He played back to back games in California against Ann & LA ,why can't he do it again especially if he wins Tuesday? Anderson has been hot & cold all yr, at least this kid is playing very well for us right now & not allowing any weak goals, I'd keep playing him.

Duuuuuude, Andy has just been straight hot all season, honestly, what the heck is wrong with you.

The eye test and his stats support each other, as one of the best tenders in the league this year, like top 5, and then there's your opinion... :shakehead

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON

I agree with playing Hammond until he loses, but disagree with Anderson being hot & cold.

He's been pretty consistent for us this year. He was also playing behind a struggling Maclean group and then a group that was still learning how to play under Cameron.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Hammond played a back-to-back because we didn't have a choice

If you have a choice you don't play the same goalie two days in a row, it's not rocket surgery here people

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I agree with playing Hammond until he loses, but disagree with Anderson being hot & cold.

He's been pretty consistent for us this year. He was also playing behind a struggling Maclean group and then a group that was still learning how to play under Cameron.

You don't play a goalie until he loses and then pull him, especially a young one. That's punishing them.

Professional teams schedule games for their goalies in advance so that they have time to mentally and physically prepare. The schedule changes due to injury, in-game pulling, or a shift in roles due to long term suckage...

Win and you're in is a poor team management strategy used for teams that have two consistently bad goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad