Injury Report: All purpose injuries thread

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
[mod]Current injuries:
Chris Neil (Fractured Left Thumb - Surgery Feb 20) - Weeks - Occured Feb 14, 2015 vs Edmonton
Robin Lehner (Concussion) - Indefinitely - Occurred Feb 16, 2015 vs Carolina
Chris Phillips (Back seizures??) - Week to Week - Occurred following Feb 5, 2015 vs Washington
Milan Michalek (Upper Body Injury - Headaches) - Day to Day - Occurred Mar 21, 2015 vs Toronto
Matt Puempel (High Ankle Sprain) - 4-6 weeks - Occurred Mar 21, 2015 vs Toronto
[/mod]

Pretty bad collision. Lehner gets back up and skates on his own power.
MacArthur helped off the ice.

Hoping for updates soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Yikes...I don't think I've never seen a situation where two injuries like that happened and they were just lying next to each other

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
We've had so many injured players this season it's ridiculous!

Methot
Neil
Smith
Borowiecki,
Chiasson
Anderson

Now Lehner and Macarthur. Luckily they are almost all support players but all these guys missed a chunk of games this season. Seriously who's going to be in goal if Lehner is injured? I'm alright with playing Hammond, it's not like there's much at stake anyways(other than more chances for the 1rst overall) but who's going to back him up? Maybe if Mac misses some games then it gives a better chance to Prince to play on the top lines to really see what he can do.

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Hopefully we don't have another Bishop situation coming, if Lehner is out for to long Murray will definitely go out and use assets on a goalie we won't need later.

Are there any UFA goalies out there that can fill in if need be? I think Jason LaBarbera in Anaheim could be had for pretty much nothing. Can we un-retire Brodeur? ;)

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Dreiger/Hammond will be a tough act to watch I think.

Expect Pageau gets recalled; maybe Puempel.

Does Murray now have to target a 3rd string goalie prospect ? Hope not. LaBarbera sounds feasible, but we've sent Anaheim enough lately.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'd say Mac got ko'd there. Hopefully he'll be okay, not having to go off on a stretcher is huge.

I also hope GMBM doesn't sacrifice a pick to run out and grab another goaler. Might as well play what's in the system, even if it robs Bingo of both their goalies.

I bet Lehner will be alright and come back soon.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Nothing worse than having a fun exciting game come crashing to a halt over an injury or injuries like this. My mood changed immediately after seeing this and recognizing Mac was out cold there for a bit. Hope both recover quickly...the team needs guys like this that want to win at all costs!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I also hope GMBM doesn't sacrifice a pick to run out and grab another goaler. Might as well play what's in the system, even if it robs Bingo of both their goalies.

I'd be fine if he spent a late pick on a goalie. 5th/6th/7th round stuff.

I think there's definite value in keeping morale up, and I'd hate to think what 20+ games of 6 and 7 goals-per-game-against would do to the psyche of the young kids on the team already, as well as the ones who are going to audition for a spot over the rest of the year.

... this is assuming of course Lehner is out for an extended period of time. It'd be silly to go get a goalie for something like 2 games. Hammond can deal with that.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'd be fine if he spent a late pick on a goalie. 5th/6th/7th round stuff.

I think there's definite value in keeping morale up, and I'd hate to think what 20+ games of 6 and 7 goals-per-game-against would do to the psyche of the young kids on the team already, as well as the ones who are going to audition for a spot over the rest of the year.

... this is assuming of course Lehner is out for an extended period of time. It'd be silly to go get a goalie for something like 2 games. Hammond can deal with that.

Ah yes, I was just going to quote you and write this. If it's long term.. I guess a late pick would be okay, as you say for the psyche of the team. But less than 5 games, just throw Hammond in. Based on his body language I think Robin will be back sooner than later anyway, but you never know.

I just don't like spending picks on players when we are already out of the running.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
IIRC, isn't it just last year's mask painted a different colour?

No...here are last year's masks

2cxtjm8.png

And here is this year's sin against nature...

631456_eb.jpg

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
IIRC, isn't it just last year's mask painted a different colour?

The general graphics are the same, but there are subtle differences.

8020999108_5f478b0f4c.jpg

457984260.jpg

I hate the red colour.

Edit: Choco beat me to it... but you left last year's (the relevant one) grey mask out.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
MacArthur left the arena on his own two feet holding his daughter in his arms. He looked like he had a stiff neck but was not wearing any neck brace or arm sling.

Fusbolito

Jan 29, 2012
That's really good to hear. I didn't get to watch the first two periods, due to my own hockey, but the third period felt completely muted in spots, and there was a definite pall over the play of the Sens.

If neither are hurt for a prolonged period of time, that's huge.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
That's really good to hear. I didn't get to watch the first two periods, due to my own hockey, but the third period felt completely muted in spots, and there was a definite pall over the play of the Sens.

If neither are hurt for a prolonged period of time, that's huge.

Definitely a big help to our playoff chances

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
I hate that mask with such a burning passion. Not only are the colors wrong, it's just an ugly mask all around.

Just throw it into the fire after this season ends. Burn it and the demons that come with it.

It's an homage to his favorite band from his hometown, 'Inflames'.

Whatever puts him in the right headspace works for me!

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I thought Vladar looked okay at the WJCs. Might be worth the Dallas 2nd. That's about where he is listed to go.

We do need another over here though. Can't really call up Hogberg.

Fusbolito

Jan 29, 2012
Definitely a big help to our playoff chances

As remote as our chances are, I was really more excited that people weren't seriously hurt, but I suppose you could take it that way. Not having to go out and spend assets on another goaltender at this stage is great as well, if Lehner isn't out for a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad