Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread VI | 2017 PGA Tour Season: Here comes Cantlay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That is an utter travesty. A fan on their couch is rewinding and fast forwarding to decide golf tournaments. An embarrassment to the sport. The LPGA Tour should strike until this tournament is replayed.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
I think it's beyond ridiculous they take a viewer email on Sunday about an infraction made on Saturday and tell her on the course while in play. If they want a replay, they should do it themselves.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I wish I had Bettman's email address. I want to send him an email about the Ovechkin no-goal in Game 7 against Montreal in 2010. I'd like that call reversed and the Cup awarded to Washington.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Wow what a joke that was. Wasn't it a fan calling in and saying Nordqvist grounded her club at the US Open too? And it was literally a grain of sand that moved, basically could never be seen without HD zooming. Two majors decided like that in less than a year LOL.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wow what a joke that was. Wasn't it a fan calling in and saying Nordqvist grounded her club at the US Open too? And it was literally a grain of sand that moved, basically could never be seen without HD zooming. Two majors decided like that in less than a year LOL.

Yeah, and then she sent out a tweet that she knows what it feels like.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Somebody must have had something significant riding on the outcome to pull a stunt like that. It will be interesting to see if the fan who called that in gets outed.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
What a ****ing joke

are you kidding me

Ok so she accidently moved the ball .5 inches on a 2 foot putt. So she loses the tournament on a 4 stroke penalty

what a god damn farce.

And the penalty for signing an incorrect scorecard is ridic and should be done away with.

This is all true but the biggest joke is the last part. You sign a card with the score you knowingly recorded but because of the penalty you get a two stroke penalty and now your card is wrong. Well no **** the card is going to be wrong. It's not like you had any idea. That rule is by far the dumbest.

Jan 3, 2012
This is all true but the biggest joke is the last part. You sign a card with the score you knowingly recorded but because of the penalty you get a two stroke penalty and now your card is wrong. Well no **** the card is going to be wrong. It's not like you had any idea. That rule is by far the dumbest.

Yeah I know that rule is beyond stupid.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Don’t worry about our avatar bet. I’m letting you off the hook, Wobbl.

Enjoy the rest of the golf season guys. Erin Hills and Birkdale are two magnificent tracks that should provide some sensational golf.

Jan 3, 2012
Don’t worry about our avatar bet. I’m letting you off the hook, Wobbl.

Enjoy the rest of the golf season guys. Erin Hills and Birkdale are two magnificent tracks that should provide some sensational golf.

awfully nice of you.

Though I disagree about Erin Hills with you. Not a fan of these links style US Open courses. Don't like Erin Hills or Shinnecock, would prefer to see more courses like Congressional and Olympic Club.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is the notoriously boring two months of the active golf year. Obviously October-January is boring, but of the 9 active months, these are the two boring months. I have 0 excitement about the next four events, unless Tiger magically decides he needs to start getting some tournament reps.

Maybe I'll be able to get some rounds in though once I'm done with school in about a month.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
This is the notoriously boring two months of the active golf year. Obviously October-January is boring, but of the 9 active months, these are the two boring months. I have 0 excitement about the next four events, unless Tiger magically decides he needs to start getting some tournament reps.

Maybe I'll be able to get some rounds in though once I'm done with school in about a month.
Between now and the US Open, the only two tournaments of note to me are obviously the Players, and the Memorial. The latter is probably held in less regard to others here, but I grew up in Muirfield and think it's a beautiful course. Everything outside of those is not interesting.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
If Dogge is implying that he'll be gone a while, I guess we know where he's headed. Couldn't get enough of #SB2K16, so he's joining in on the festivities this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad