Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread VI | 2017 PGA Tour Season: Here comes Cantlay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
First two days have been pretty tame. Definitely a let down. Probably got told last year they were a little out of control and to tone it down if they were to do it again

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Someone obviously said something. It's been nothing but a huge let down compared to last year. Last year they were doing nothing but drinking, tossing clubs and slurring their speech. Nothing like that this year.

Jan 3, 2012
A win for DeLaet to go with Hadwin's would cement Canada as the greatest golf nation on earth.

Last edited:

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I have more faith in Westwood, Monty, and Tiger winning the next 3 majors than I do in Delaet winning any tournament ever.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cantlay with another high finish.

I think he'll be inside the top-50 in the world rankings within a month or two.

I upped it to top 25 by the end of the year. He's now into the top 150. He can get into the top 100 with probably another good event or two.

Prediction: Cantlay will be in the top 25 of the world rankings by the end of 2017.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, I just saw that. Would seem to end his season. Maybe he'll play in the Hero event in December, but its certainly looking like best case scenario is he starts playing again in 2018.

He did not look good at Dubai, swing looked awful at both events he played this year. I hope this helps his everyday life and he can get back onto the golf course next year. I think everyone needs to start preparing though for TW to not be a pro golfer anymore.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I'm serious though. If he's fine with being a cripple and needing a bionic spine replacement, by all means, continue golfing and ignoring your body screaming at you that it's something it can't handle anymore.

If the year were 2117 and STEM had advanced to the degree where we could regenerate/rebuild every part of our human anatomy and swap parts in and out like a machine, I could see the optimism in thinking he could golf professionally again. But it's 2017... and I'm unsure if Tiger is aware of this.

He'll be in a wheelchair by 60 if this silliness keeps up.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm serious though. If he's fine with being a cripple and needing a bionic spine replacement, by all means, continue golfing and ignoring your body screaming at you that it's something it can't handle anymore.

If the year were 2117 and STEM had advanced to the degree where we could regenerate/rebuild every part of our human anatomy and swap parts in and out like a machine, I could see the optimism in thinking he could golf professionally again. But it's 2017... and I'm unsure if Tiger is aware of this.

The article was very wordy, but it seems like this was a surgery to alleviate pain, more than correct a big problem. This seems like a less difficult surgery than the first two.

Jan 3, 2012

RT

It's a joke at this point.

It's like the football lineman who keeps playing after 8 concussions then can't count to 10 once he retires.

At this rate soon the little kids will be saying "when I grow up I want to have 4 back surgeries" because that's all they've seen of Tiger's career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad