Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2018-19 PGA Tour schedule (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2012
Wonder why everyone is playing so bad today? Tiger getting to everyone except people who had no chance to win the event?

He looks SO in the zone.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Tiger's doing what he did in his prime. Playing a solid, if unspectacular, Sunday round and putting pressure on others to play miraculously. It's a lot to ask and most buckle.

And while I have the chance, I was a doubter and was of the opinion that Tiger needed to retire when he was really struggling with his back injuries. Of course, none of us knew the extent of just how bad it was. Never have I been happy to be so wrong.

This is incredible. Witnessing the year Tiger's put together has been a blessing and we're all luckier for having witnessed this comeback. The sky is the limit and I don't think there's any limitation to what Tiger can do in the next few years.

Looking so forward to watching the Big Cat.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Wishing Rose would have choked to give Tiger the FedEx. Oh well, can't complain about winning the Tour Championship. What a year for our boy!

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
How many people will try and discredit this win for Tiger since it was only a field of 30 players?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
How many people will try and discredit this win for Tiger since it was only a field of 30 players?

Discredit it in what way?

I hate him as much as anyone but a win is a win.

But I don't think it means much in terms of him winning a major again. I still think that is a 0% chance.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nice. I can finally talk about Tiger again.

I always thought he would get back to winning. I have a different perspective than everyone else. I'm excited he won this tournament and all that, but I kind of found the "would he win" talk to be disrespectful, as if he wasn't still a top talent. If he stayed healthy, I thought it was very likely he'd return to being one of the best in the game.

Its about the majors and always has been. A bad year in that aspect, so I'm not going to act like he had a good year. I expected him to have this level of year, at minimum, if he stayed healthy. I hope we can now go back to evaluating his career on the majors, but its another year without a major. I don't like the changed expectations. The only reason for them are the injuries. Now that he's healthy, the expectations should be back to what they always were. Majors. Thats what matters for TW.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad