Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2017-18 PGA Tour schedule in post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
That post inspired me to go through this thread for a few minutes and find any horrible takes in retrospect that I've had. Forgot all about this...

I'm hoping Captain America wins a major next year. He's been a very good servant in team comps, I'll make sure to root for him in them next year, besides my favorites.

Your support is greatly appreciated. It definitely won't happen at Augusta because his ball-flight is not neutral enough. It most likely won't happen at the US Open because he's too inaccurate a driver, unless they keep going to 50-yard-wide fairway courses like Erin Hills. Other than that, who knows.

1st at Augusta, 4th at Shinnecock. Yikes. I found a post I made earlier that said Reed's driving/approach game was Web.com Tour-tier. Probably too spicy in hindsight but there's no doubt that he's clearly improved a ton in those aspects.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ratings were pretty much an embarrassment. Same score as the API final round. A non-major. Valspar ratings destroyed US Open ratings.

US Open Ratings: Weekend Overnights Up, But Low - Sports Media Watch

With so many stars missing the cut, any increase is good news — but weekend US Open ratings remained at historic lows in the metered markets.Sunday’s final round of the U.S. Open earned a 3.6 overnight rating on FOX, up a tick from last year (3.5) but down 5% from 2016 (3.8).
Brooks Koepka‘s second-straight win, which peaked at a 6.1 from 6-6:30 PM ET, tops only last year and 2014 (3.3, NBC) as the lowest rated final round of the tournament on record.
This year was the fourth of the past five in which final round coverage had less than a 4.0 overnight. From 1989-2013, the final round had at least a 5.0 each year. That 25-year run included a 6.1 five years ago and an 8.5 ten years ago (when Tiger Woods won in a playoff).
The U.S. Open was not the top sporting event of the weekend. The Mexico-Germany FIFA World Cup match had a 4.3 on Telemundo (and a 3.2 on FS1).
Third round coverage on Saturday drew a 2.8 overnight, up 8% from last year (2.6) and the highest since 2015 (3.4). The 2.8 is the fourth-lowest third round overnight on record.
All four rounds of the tournament posted an increase over last year.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I know some of you saw my post about Boots in the US Open thread... if I don't get good news in the next couple of days I will probably be gone indefinitely just so nobody wonders...

Just absolutely shattered at the moment...

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
You & Boots continue to be in my thoughts & prayers.
Thanks...

I have to let her go.... she's my everything and has been the most important part of my life in every way..

She tore both ACL's and at 10 vet said there was nothing to do...

I'm beyond devastated. I don't even want to wake up tomorrow. Perfectly healthy and to lose her like this I can't even process don't think I'll ever be able to

Jan 3, 2012
Thanks...

I have to let her go.... she's my everything and has been the most important part of my life in every way..

I'm beyond devastated. I don't even want to wake up tomorrow. Perfectly healthy and to lose her like this I can't even process don't think I'll ever be able to

Oh my god that's awful. I'm so sorry.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm really sorry to hear that, as well. Obviously there's nothing I can say or anyone here can say that will improve the situation, but I want to send my condolences, regardless.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I am so so sorry. I know how much you love her from all the times you spoke about her. I know this won't comfort you, but at least she won't be suffering anymore. She was so very lucky to have you as her "dad".

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Thanks...

So sorry man. Putting down my last dog was one of the saddest days of my life. May Boots go to a better place.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
We've been slacking. Didn't even realize Tiger was playing today. Shot an even par 70, t49. 7 strokes off the lead

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
We've been slacking. Didn't even realize Tiger was playing today. Shot an even par 70, t49. 7 strokes off the lead

A good fight back though from a double on the front side.

He could've knocked himself out of the tournament, but didn't. Not a really impressive leaderboard. Get within five by the end of tomorrow, and he's right in this.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
A good fight back though from a double on the front side.

He could've knocked himself out of the tournament, but didn't. Not a really impressive leaderboard. Get within five by the end of tomorrow, and he's right in this.
I didn't even see highlights or his scorecard. Did see this is his 6, first round, in a row not being below par to end the day

Jan 3, 2012
Nice round from Tiger.

Hossler having himself a good tournament and good season.

Who has the better career: Hossler, Cantlay or Niemann?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nice round from Tiger.

Hossler having himself a good tournament and good season.

Who has the better career: Hossler, Cantlay or Niemann?

Considering there's a 6 year difference between Cantlay and Niemann, its not a fair comparison. I'll take Niemann, but I do like Hossler. I think he's going to be very good.

Jan 3, 2012
Considering there's a 6 year difference between Cantlay and Niemann, its not a fair comparison. I'll take Niemann, but I do like Hossler. I think he's going to be very good.

True. But I am kind of lumping Cantlay in with the other two because he missed a couple seasons with the injury and tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad