Golf: All purpose golf discussion (The PGA Tour’s 2019-20 schedule in post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Big day for Rahm, if he wins he goes to #1 in the world (as long as Rory finishes 3rd or worst).

With the course playing as tough as it is what is the worst he can shoot and still win? 3 over 75, 4 over 76?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Big day for Rahm, if he wins he goes to #1 in the world (as long as Rory finishes 3rd or worst).

With the course playing as tough as it is what is the worst he can shoot and still win? 3 over 75, 4 over 76?

He just has to shoot even or 1-2 over and hope somebody under him doesn’t go -3 or 4

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I would expect we don’t see any movement til after 6. The first 6 holes have been playing relatively easy. That said if Palmer or Finau give strokes back in the first 6 or Rahm picks up 1-2 it’s probably over. If it stays where it’s at there’s a chance for some excitement on the final 12

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Jack said he’s going to make changes to that green. It’s nearly impossible to stop it. Only bailout is where Phil hit it or a little closer to the green, but there’s no 30-40 feet right/left option. It’s an unfair hole. Probably the worst hole in the course. I’m glad Jack realizes it.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
No player who has won the Puerto Rico Open has ever won any other tournament.

I assume you meant AFTER winning it. Points and Bradley won other tournaments before. I think Hovland will end that streak and I forgot the tourney has only existed for 12 years.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
DJ shot a 78 today. His last three rounds on the tour are 80-80-78. After the 78, he WD with a back issue. PGA Championship is only two weeks away.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
No Tiger next week. It seems like he can’t go back to back weeks anymore, unless it’s in extreme circumstances. You have to wonder if he’s prepared enough to be able to contend at the PGA.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
No Tiger next week. It seems like he can’t go back to back weeks anymore, unless it’s in extreme circumstances. You have to wonder if he’s prepared enough to be able to contend at the PGA.

He may be looking at the upcoming schedule and be very selective. He’ll play the PGA championship then take a week off. After that is the playoffs which could mean 3 straight weeks for him to play. After that is a week off followed by the US Open. So he could, potentially, play 5 tournaments in 7 weeks.

I’ll also never count him out, especially in a major, but with only playing one tournament since the restart I don’t see him contending at the first major.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He may be looking at the upcoming schedule and be very selective. He’ll play the PGA championship then take a week off. After that is the playoffs which could mean 3 straight weeks for him to play. After that is a week off followed by the US Open. So he could, potentially, play 5 tournaments in 7 weeks.

I’ll also never count him out, especially in a major, but with only playing one tournament since the restart I don’t see him contending at the first major.

I don't think the players care about the playoffs as much as the Tour does. If Tiger's playing those events back to back, it's probably because he has some agreement with the Tour or they've told him he has to play in the playoff events.

I suspect he'll play the first one, and then the final one, if he ends up qualifying for the Tour Championship. I don't think he's going to play the second one.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bad week to not be playing well with next week being the first major of the year. I planned to pick Cantlay to win the PGA. He's been awful this week. I'm not so sure about that pick anymore, but I do have a back up that I was trying to fit into my major predictions for the first two majors and wasn't able to find a spot for. I might need to pick that player next week.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I saw that. I don't like either of them.

Brooks is too arrogant for my liking. He's incredibly disrespectful. I don't even think he tries to get along with his peers. He doesn't get the public hate that Reed or DeChambeau get because he doesn't cheat or beg for attention, but I doubt he gets along with his peers with the way he acts. It can be likable for fans, if you are prime Tiger, and you are a prolific winner that dominates the sport. If you suck most of the time and then claim you're the King because you've sprinkled in some majors, I don't think so.

I have respect for Bryson's desire to get better and willingness to be different, but I find him to be such a tool. I just cannot bring myself to like all his antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad