Player Discussion All Purpose Goaltending Thread

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Like most I’m not happy with how the goaltending situation has played out, but I also can sympathize with Adams’ dilemma heading into the season.

Between UPL’s inconsistent but overall decent play, Levi’s strong finish last season, and Comrie’s battles with injury derailing his ability to establish any rhythm, I didn’t hate his approach of tossing them all into the pot to see which one rises to the top.

The alternative of hitting the FA market and landing a dud like Korpisalo makes the wait and see approach even more palpable.

Or maybe the solution to our goalie woes all along was getting Skinner out of the lineup. 😂

Reactions: Dingo44

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I wonder if this is going to be a thing for a while -- let Levi get NHL practices but on days where Buffalo and Rochester both play.....and Levi isn't slated to play in Buffalo.....Levi goes down, Comrie comes up.

Remember: Now that Comrie has passed through waivers, he can be on the NHL roster for 30 days or 10 games before needed to be re-exposed to waivers.

Also won't shock me at all if Levi is sent to Rochester after the Cali trip for the ASG/our bye.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
no, the weasel is why we missed the playoffs last year and are in the situation we are in now

Just remember, the goaltending suddenly got better once he was sent down to Rochester
Shouldn't you be blaming Adams not Comrie? Adams signed him expecting him to be a number one goalie.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wonder if this is going to be a thing for a while -- let Levi get NHL practices but on days where Buffalo and Rochester both play.....and Levi isn't slated to play in Buffalo.....Levi goes down, Comrie comes up.

Remember: Now that Comrie has passed through waivers, he can be on the NHL roster for 30 days or 10 games before needed to be re-exposed to waivers.

Also won't shock me at all if Levi is sent to Rochester after the Cali trip for the ASG/our bye.

Problem is, they don't practice as much in the NHL as they do in Rochester. He should be getting both practice and game action to work on his game but here we are.

Reactions: KeyserSoze81

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Or maybe the solution to our goalie woes all along was getting Skinner out of the lineup. 😂
I can’t believe I didn’t make this connection lol.

UPL has been the 2nd best goalie in the league over the past 6 games with Skinner out.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
for the first time in who knows long, we have 2 goalies who can win games. This lets us ride the hot one

UPL is at .500 while Levi is 2 games above .500

Comrie... is minor league fodder. His starts are why we are still 2 games below .500

Last edited:

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
and here is the proof Comrie was the problem here

We'd be in the thick of the playoff race had Comweasal never played a game. That is why I am so against Comrie

RoyalOverNavy

Feb 25, 2023
Scott Ratzlaff stopped 62 of 63 shots tonight.
Seattle beat Everett, 3-1.
The attachment below was taken before the WHL updated its Web page.
63 of 63 is better, but 62 of 63 is darn good.

Attachments

• 1706417413969.png
    1706417413969.png
    22 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Chainshot

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

In this episode, Woodley said that according to ClearSight Analytics, Comrie's xSave% this season was .850.

That is scary bad defensive environment to play behind.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad