Player Discussion All Purpose Goaltending Thread

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Remember Adam's claim prior to the season that "goaltending is a position of strength" for the Sabres? Probably his single biggest self-serving gaslighting moment as GM.

Would be nice if any media type reminded him of that statement instead of letting him weasel out of his culpability in this mess by citing his "3 goalies is not ideal" hedging.

At this point, send Levi down where he belongs and take a flyer on Samsonov. He's gone at the end of the season if it doesn't work out, we've got plenty of cap, and this season is 99% likely to be a failure anyway.

Reactions: pigpen65

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Remember Adam's claim prior to the season that "goaltending is a position of strength" for the Sabres? Probably his single biggest self-serving gaslighting moment as GM.

Would be nice if any media type reminded him of that statement instead of letting him weasel out of his culpability in this mess by citing his "3 goalies is not ideal" hedging.

At this point, send Levi down where he belongs and take a flyer on Samsonov. He's gone at the end of the season if it doesn't work out, we've got plenty of cap, and this season is 99% likely to be a failure anyway.

So you want FOUR goalies in Rochester?

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Probably the Southern League (SPHL). No NHL affiliations though.
The season is lost, and the Sabres should be trying to minimize the repercussions. A huge concern for me is breaking Levi's spirit, his Zen warrior mindset notwithstanding. He needs to be sent down. I couldn't care less about what effect that has on the AHL or ECHL teams.

Open to other suggestions. Maybe you think he'll be just fine staying with the big team.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
The season is lost, and the Sabres should be trying to minimize the repercussions. A huge concern for me is breaking Levi's spirit, his Zen warrior mindset notwithstanding. He needs to be sent down. I couldn't care less about what effect that has on the AHL or ECHL teams.

Open to other suggestions. Maybe you think he'll be just fine staying with the big team.
I was thinking the same, call up Tokarski send down Levi. At least for January. The season is already a joke.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
It's crazy that it's multiple seasons now that they have thrown down the drain just because Adams won't get a goalie. He had Eichel, Reinhart, and Ristolainen to trade, he's made 30 draft picks in the last 3 drafts, and he inherited the best goalie in the league, and his team still entered the last two seasons with Eric Comrie as his starting goaltender. WTF is up with this guy? It feels like sabotage.

Reactions: jd1970

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I'm just really happy the organization saved 1 million per season by not re-signing Ullmark, with the cap crunch they've been dealing with. You can't pay a guy over market value, and the organization made a valiant stand against player salary inflation for the rest of the league, even while not having any possible replacement for years. Other GMs will repay Buffalo in favorable trades one day out of gratitude.

Reactions: HaNotsri

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
goaltending MUCH improved ever since Comweasal went to Rochester.

Levi and UPL are getting quality practice reps and their in game performances have been better as of late.

Goaltending is now winning us games instead of losing them

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA

Levi and UPL are getting quality practice reps and their in game performances have been better as of late.

Levi needs to be playing games in Rochester, not sitting on the bench for extended periods. Adams and Granato have really f***ed up the goalie situation this season.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003

UPL had rookie of the month honors last january with 3 goalies in rotation.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Levi needs to be playing games in Rochester, not sitting on the bench for extended periods. Adams and Granato have really f***ed up the goalie situation this season.

I don't have as much of an issue with Levi as the 1B. That was always ideal for him. Rather he be 1B here vs 1A in Rochester where he doesn't exactly get many more games due to more back to backs (plus, there already being 3 goalies there).

Not sure if Levi plays tomorrow, but he will be playing next week.

We are only 7 points out of the playoffs (somehow). Not the time to be giving Comweasal a participation trophy

UPL had rookie of the month honors last january with 3 goalies in rotation.

Think Comweasal was hurt for much of that time. He also did a rehab stint in Rochester

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
I don’t blame Granato. As coach you play the goalie that has the best chance to win. Adams on the other hand…

Reactions: Chainshot

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Thank god. Adams actually did the right thing here. Live and die by UPL and Comrie and let Levi get his reps in Rochester. This won't be a total wasted developmental season for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad