OT: All-Purpose Expos Return Speculation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What is goona happen to Youppi when Expos return?

Habs get a new mascot?

I'd just build a story where Youppi returns to the Expos and is replaced at the BC by a long lost cousin who looks like him.

Reactions: Habaneros

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What's his name, Olé?

Maybe it'll be Broue Lay. Beer and chips.

The BC version could be more rugged so as to tap into into the nastier mascot trend.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Shouldn't the stadium be facing the other way, so as to get a view of the water and the downtown skyline?

2tld0g.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not certain but doesn’t it have to do with the suns positioning ? I could be wrong

Could have something to do with prevailing winds as well.

However, as previous poster suggested, it could be tweaked. If not a full 180, then something that redirects it somewhat to take advantage of the view.

Otherwise, what's the point? Best view will be behind it.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Can they use this name? Is it property of the Nats franchise now? Curious....

I would hope it is, the Expos, but....

Trademarks for Montreal Expos logo design & name are currently owned by MLB I think:

Current owner
BASEBALL EXPOS, L.P.
c/o Office of the Commissioner of
Baseball
245 Park Avenue
New York, New York 10167
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Canadian Trademarks Details 339060 - Canadian Trademarks Database - Intellectual property and copyright - Canadian Intellectual Property Office - Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
Canadian Trademarks Details 0318652-0 - Canadian Trademarks Database - Intellectual property and copyright - Canadian Intellectual Property Office - Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
I believe you are right since MLB is still selling Expos merch on their platforms.

Looking at the TM, interesting that one of past owners became Florida Marlins with an address in Montreal:

OLD OWNER
FLORIDA MARLINS, L.P.
a Delaware limited partnership
OLYMPIC STADIUM,
4549 PIERRE DE COUBERTIN,
MONTREAL,
QUEBEC H1V 3N7

Loria sold Expos to MLB's office before purchasing Marlins. Perhaps he retained Expos TM rights for a while before selling to MLB. History of TM is not clear on when ownership changed.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Looking at the TM, interesting that one of past owners became Florida Marlins with an address in Montreal:

Loria sold Expos to MLB's office before purchasing Marlins. Perhaps he retained Expos TM rights for a while before selling to MLB. History of TM is not clear on when ownership changed.

I'm guessing Loria had to transfer the rights to MLB as a condition of sale for operating the Marlins.

For our purposes, the word "Expos" will rise again and that's the best news.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Shouldn't the stadium be facing the other way, so as to get a view of the water and the downtown skyline?

2tld0g.jpg

why don't they make it the worlds first floating stadium?
they could spin it in any direction they want..lol

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Drafting and development will be crucial in order to remain competitive in that division. Vladdy Jr is baseball's best prospect.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
The orientation definitely depends on the sun for the batters in the later innings. It's not just on a whim. Otherwise, you'd be giving an unfair advantage to the pitchers or the batters.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
The orientation definitely depends on the sun for the batters in the later innings. It's not just on a whim. Otherwise, you'd be giving an unfair advantage to the pitchers or the batters.

It's not unfair since neither team has an advantage. It's similar to how hitters have an advantage due to altitude when playing in Colorado, or how some stadiums are smaller then others. So long as both teams have the same conditions it's fair.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
Almost every province in the country, has spent $$$ on things way worse...that being said, it should be private funds, but the city/province gets some benefit out of having a another pro sports team, so there will have to be some concessions made by all levels of gov't to help in some way.

f*** that noise. Not a f***ing penny. And I'll let her know.

Reactions: overlords and Edgy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad