All Purpose Coronavirus thread - NHL suspends season (March 12, 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Still very normal here in terms of supermarkets...

went to buy rum ice cream, rum and mozzarella today. (no one was mistaking that for a quarantine shop... though would have been funny to see the looks on peoples faces if I was buying those items in bulk. I mean, you CAN live off them... and they all last forever! Albeit most bourgeoisie quarantine shop ever...)

Pasta and rice look depleted, but still packs there of both.

No-one took any lasagna sheets though. Heathens. The best pasta...
Was at my local grocery store (Wegmans) and they have signs up preventing amounts for specific food. 2 gallons of milk per family, 4 cans of vegetables, etc.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I have a 90s vintage Weber Spirit grill that was given to me a few years ago, with a full tank, with the old-style spring-loaded quick connect fitting. It was only last summer that I had to change the tank connection over to the screw type fitting. The thing is built like a tank, and, amazingly, parts are still available if needed. Plus one for Weber!

If you think you have a leak somewhere, slather some soapy water on everything. If the leak is at a fitting, tighten it a bit (they are usually tapered fittings), or disconnect and put some thread dope on that bitch!

I cannot find my soapwater spray bottle, annoyingly. Gotta order a new one.

I suspect it is the tank because the valve acted weird last time I shut it down. Was hard to get moving and then when it did it turned very freely for a very long time before clamping down.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I think a big problem with any WW1 movie is that they aren't going to be jolly or uplifting affairs. Nor should they be.

That's one of the things I didnt like about 1917. It felt too jolly and had to much of a clique Hollywood feel. The cinematics were a neat gimmick but I don't think it will be remembered fondly in the future.

I felt Dunkirk was much better.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
Was at my local grocery store (Wegmans) and they have signs up preventing amounts for specific food. 2 gallons of milk per family, 4 cans of vegetables, etc.
I live just outside of Harrisburg, PA. I did my normal shopping yesterday...soups were pretty much cleaned out, pasta aisle was slim pickings, frozen vegetables were cleaned out sans the stuff nobody likes to eat. I wasn't packing brass knuckles, so I didn't look in the toilet paper aisle.

No rage or panic at the store though. Basically business as usual minus the empty shelves.

Oh, my county (Cumberland) just had their 5th confirmed case earlier today.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
My gym has been closed since Thursday. I have been doing home workouts since, mostly with resistance bands. Because I usually use free weights, the workouts are a fun change.

Tomorrow I am going to train legs. Gonna have to get creative without a barbell for squats and deadlifts.
Every time I gain momentum with my workout at my work gym something major throws it off....didn't expect a global pandemic to be one of them..

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I live just outside of Harrisburg, PA. I did my normal shopping yesterday...soups were pretty much cleaned out, pasta aisle was slim pickings, frozen vegetables were cleaned out sans the stuff nobody likes to eat. I wasn't packing brass knuckles, so I didn't look in the toilet paper aisle.

No rage or panic at the store though. Basically business as usual minus the empty shelves.

Oh, my county (Cumberland) just had their 5th confirmed case earlier today.

I am hoping hysteria dies down a bit. Not saying we shouldn’t take this very seriously. But people don’t need to buy 27 loaves of bread.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Yeah.....but that’s Wegmans. They’re the best supermarket. If I trust a supermarket to be on top of their shit, it’s Wegmans.

Of course, a greedy family could cheat the system and have different family members check out separately. But if there’s a supermarket I trust to find out and take their bloody revenge, it’s Wegmans of course.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Every time I gain momentum with my workout at my work gym something major throws it off....didn't expect a global pandemic to be one of them..
I have a lot of workouts I can turn to, but I was in a hypertrophy phase - which involved lots of free weights.
I am just going to change my workouts and get back to it once the gym re opens.

let me know if you want some home workout ideas.

Reactions: Carter Hart

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
I cannot find my soapwater spray bottle, annoyingly. Gotta order a new one.

I suspect it is the tank because the valve acted weird last time I shut it down. Was hard to get moving and then when it did it turned very freely for a very long time before clamping down.
Use a bowl/container, some dish soap, and your hands to check the fittings/lines.

If it's the tank valve, yeah, you're probably screwed on that one. You never know what kind of junk you are getting when you exchange tanks. My condolences!

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Also... ALL the gnocchi was still there. It lasts for a month. And is amazing.

Lasagna, ravioli and gnocchi? All left.

Shitty plain white rice and penne? All gone. (Penne? Are you going to just eat creamy sauces with it and steer clear of any chunky stuff? Nope. Buy paccheri or something... more versatile. ;))

More people need to learn to cook good food is what this has all taught me. :sarcasm:

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Use a bowl/container, some dish soap, and your hands to check the fittings/lines.

If it's the tank valve, yeah, you're probably screwed on that one. You never know what kind of junk you are getting when you exchange tanks. My condolences!
That’s the only thing I haven’t gotten this week, a backup tank of propane for my grill. I think the current one is pretty full, but I am not sure. I really don’t want to go out again for just one item

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah.....but that’s Wegmans. They’re the best supermarket. If I trust a supermarket to be on top of their shit, it’s Wegmans.

Of course, a greedy family could cheat the system and have different family members check out separately. But if there’s a supermarket I trust to find out and take their bloody revenge, it’s Wegmans of course.
#ad

Reactions: Magua and VladDrag

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
That’s the only thing I haven’t gotten this week, a backup tank of propane for my grill. I think the current one is pretty full, but I am not sure. I really don’t want to go out again for just one item
Where I am, just about every gas station and drug store has tanks for exchange. I currently don't have a backup tank, but my primary is pretty full. Good luck!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Where I am, just about every gas station and drug store has tanks for exchange. I currently don't have a backup tank, but my primary is pretty full. Good luck!

I've got a backup. It's empty of course, which is a shame because the easiest way to figure out if the tank is the issue would be swapping out. If the current tank were lower on gas I'd just get a new one but this thing is still pretty fresh so I've gotta discount other stuff first.

Reactions: Yukon Cornelius

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Clearly you’ve never had some Wegmans prepared food and fresh muffins.
Oh, I have and you're 100% correct... Wegman's is the king supermarkets.

Only issue is they're sometimes lacking brand variety, but the food court area is fantastic and makes up for it.

Reactions: VladDrag

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Oh, I have and you're 100% correct... Wegman's is the king supermarkets.

Only issue is they're sometimes lacking brand variety, but the food court area is fantastic and makes up for it.

My Giant didn't even bother to try and compete directly with Wegmans when it opened here. They switched their inventory to focus on stuff Wegmans doesn't have; it's nice. They have a fantastic hot sauce and condiment selection now.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
I've got a backup. It's empty of course, which is a shame because the easiest way to figure out if the tank is the issue would be swapping out. If the current tank were lower on gas I'd just get a new one but this thing is still pretty fresh so I've gotta discount other stuff first.
Soapy water is your friend, my friend!

Somewhat related, I work on my own vehicles, it's always cheaper to find the problem instead of throwing money at random parts. Even if I was wealthy, I think I'd still work on my own cars. If I take it somewhere they just want to get it finished as quickly as possible and get the next one up on the lift. When I do it myself I know it's done right.

Get that grill figured out, Beef!

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
Also, maybe take a wire brush to the entire burner unit. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad