All Purpose Coronavirus thread - NHL suspends season (March 12, 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm going to ask a crazy question, but I think is plausible:

What's going to make more money for the owners?

-Running a sham end-of-season just to get done by July 1 (we know they're prepared to go up to the Olympics), full season next year
-Running the full end-of-season, with a less invasive shortening of playoffs (first 2 rounds are best-of-5), doing this when they have to - even if it means going to September - , having close to a full off-season, starting the season at Christmas (~60 games) and having a full playoff next year?

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Day 3 of the Quarantine:

We're about 95% sure we have Corona. Can't get tested, but all evidence points to it being the case. I did a show in Vegas right around the time it came, to about 500 people, and then DJ'ed the very next day to a couple hundred more. So, chances are that's the case.

How i'm spending my time? I now own a stock for the first time in my life.

I own one share of Plug. Worth $3.33. Pretty certain that makes me their CEO. I'll probably start laying off people pretty soon.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Day 3 of the Quarantine:

We're about 95% sure we have Corona. Can't get tested, but all evidence points to it being the case. I did a show in Vegas right around the time it came, to about 500 people, and then DJ'ed the very next day to a couple hundred more. So, chances are that's the case.

How i'm spending my time? I now own a stock for the first time in my life.

I own one share of Plug. Worth $3.33. Pretty certain that makes me their CEO. I'll probably start laying off people pretty soon.

Get well soon HF Flyers rockstar!

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I now own one share of Amneal Pharmaceuticals. No idea what that is, but i believe it means that i'm officially in charge of the cure/vaccine hunt.

God speed.
VictoriousVibrantIaerismetalmark-size_restricted.gif

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Lunges (forward and back), body weight squats, squat jumps, etc.
I do all that stuff pretty regularly. Being a short stockier guy, my squat numbers are pretty strong. My DL is pretty good, too. It’s hard to work my legs without that type of weight. The cardio I do involves lots of box jumps, burpees, lunges, kb swings, etc.

I am thinking about doing as many body weight squats as I can in 30 mins. Won’t be fun, but should be effective.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I’ve heard trump may put a 14 day olive down in place this week. I wouldn’t mind it. Best chance at making things ok enough for hockey. Looks like no fans more than likely either way with the CDC rec.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
My gut feeling, assuming a bunch of players don’t come down with this is:

The regular season is done and final standings will be determined by points percentage.

After a week of practices, playoff games will begin in mid to late May. The first 3 rounds will be reduced to best of 3 and the SCF will be best of 5. This would allow the entire playoffs to be completed in 30 days.

If they can’t start the playoffs by June 1st, they simply cancel the season and no Cup is awarded. It would suck, but it is what it is.

if this thing isnt under control in 2-4 weeks, i suspect the season is shitcanned..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad