All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion - Please Send All HC/Starat Campaign Donations To Cap’s Venmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
So I know nothing about Aussie Rules Football but FS1 is broadcasting a game now which appears to be live, the stands are empty. Essendon vs Freemantle. No idea where those places are either. Looks like an interesting game though, I like it better than rugby.
TIL there's a difference between rugby and Aussie rules football

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
So I know nothing about Aussie Rules Football but FS1 is broadcasting a game now which appears to be live, the stands are empty. Essendon vs Freemantle. No idea where those places are either. Looks like an interesting game though, I like it better than rugby.
Essendon is in Victoria and Freemantle is in Western Australia. They should just shut it down!

Reactions: Jack Straw

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
We are facing a legit depression if this situation extends into quarters vs weeks.

Like some economists have said...liquidity is not the issue....throwing good money after bad. The issue is debt and precipitous drop in aggregate demand in an economy that is 70% consumer driven. Time to stop with the zombie economics/economic orthodoxy and get the economic bazooka out to support American households directly. Make them whole as much as possible...consider the classical economic practice of a debt jubilee.

U.S. economy deteriorating faster than anticipated as 80 million Americans forced to stay at home

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Dat good fight doe...

20200321_011205.jpg

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Kenny Rogers had the all time greatest look any rockstar has ever had.

Perfect hair, perfect facial hair, tinted glasses, pierced ear. A majestic creature

He had Amber vision glasses before they were a marketing hit. So ahead of his times...

Reactions: Jtown

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
She is just an idiot. As for it being a "hoax"....you think Trump wants all this shit going on? This just cost him any chance at re-election so you know he doesn't want it. So who "wants and is controlling" this so called hoax?

:whaaa?:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
She is just an idiot. As for it being a "hoax"....you think Trump wants all this shit going on? This just cost him any chance at re-election so you know he doesn't want it. So who "wants and is controlling" this so called hoax?

:whaaa?:
It’s tough to even say if this will cost him re-election or not. I have lost faith in my fellow Americans who don’t see through what we have as our “leaders” currently.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
DC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 38 million flu illnesses, 390,000 hospitalizations and 23,000 deaths from flu. That's a death rate 0.06%, with vaccines and proven anti-virals. We live with that because we've exhausted most of our preventative methods until a universal flu vaccine can be developed.

Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report (FluView)

The Covid-19 is similar to a flu in terms of impact, a flu where there is no herd immunity, no vaccines and no treatment!

The experience with South Korea, China outside of Wuhan and a cruise ship suggests a death rate of 0.6% to 0.8%, or about ten times the flu. And since there is no herd immunity or vaccine, probably double or triple the amount of cases if left unchecked. So something on the order of 500K to a million dead in a year.

This is why we need to lock down for a few weeks, to buy time, to expand testing, test drugs and determine exactly what we're dealing with.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It’s tough to even say if this will cost him re-election or not. I have lost faith in my fellow Americans who don’t see through what we have as our “leaders” currently.

The record of incompetence in dealing with this crisis is irrefutable, there were repeated warnings, from the transition team, to the "war games" of the deep state (i.e. the bureaucrats who actually have expertise), the intelligence community, all were ignored because it wasn't politically convenient and this administration simply lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the threat and made loyalty to the POTUS, not competence, the lodestone for political appointees.

As the bodies pile up (I expect we'll pass a thousand dead by next weekend, and 10,000 by May as the virus continues to spread exponentially, it will be impossible for the Administration to avoid blame - videotape doesn't disappear - and the comments made in February (nothing to see here, move on) and early March will grate forever (and Hannity can claim he didn't call it a hoax, but this isn't China, you can't scrub the internet clean).

Is This Timeline of Trump's Coronavirus Responses Accurate?
Hannity claims he’s "never called the virus a hoax" 9 days after decrying Democrats’ "new hoax"

Most people don't get exponential growth, but it's real simple, if an infected person gives the disease to one other person per day, 1 infects 1, 2 infect 2, 4 infect 4, 8 infect 8 and so on. At the end of the week the initial person is now 64 carriers.
While the initial disease vectors drop out after a week or so, by then there are numerous more spreading the virus.
So the next week 64 to 128 (minus 1), 254 (minus 2), 504 (minus 4), 1000 (minus 8), 1984 (minus 16) and so on . . .
Since we're only testing those with serious symptoms, 10? 50? go untested for every test and continue to spread the virus.

Reactions: renberg and Tripod

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We are facing a legit depression if this situation extends into quarters vs weeks.

Like some economists have said...liquidity is not the issue....throwing good money after bad. The issue is debt and precipitous drop in aggregate demand in an economy that is 70% consumer driven. Time to stop with the zombie economics/economic orthodoxy and get the economic bazooka out to support American households directly. Make them whole as much as possible...consider the classical economic practice of a debt jubilee.

U.S. economy deteriorating faster than anticipated as 80 million Americans forced to stay at home

A whole lot of people who are in charge don't understand that we are a consumer economy, not an investor economy.

I have little hope of it being handled well, and that's gonna have some major salary cap implications for th NHL. We might have a full blown cap contraction.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Isolation does funny things to you. By far the strangest thing my family has done is create a game involving the 3rd grade school picture of a cousin (now 15 years old) that was found after my wife did her initial house cleaning. The object of the game is to place said photo around the house to see who is the first person to notice it, or alternatively to place it somewhere that may frighten whoever finds it. His facial expression in the photo is really something. Think of it as Where's Waldo?, but in your own house.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Isolation does funny things to you. By far the strangest thing my family has done is create a game involving the 3rd grade school picture of a cousin (now 15 years old) that was found after my wife did her initial house cleaning. The object of the game is to place said photo around the house to see who is the first person to notice it, or alternatively to place it somewhere that may frighten whoever finds it. His facial expression in the photo is really something. Think of it as Where's Waldo?, but in your own house.
thinking of doing an indoor easter egg hunt. will replace the eggs with, airline size bottles of assorted booze.

Reactions: Amorgus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad