All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XVIV: We're Goin Off The Rail On A Crazy Monorail

Best Fries?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I was watching as that happened. I was hoping they'd zoom in on it, and then they finally did. Idiots
Tons of people were looting with no masks and i'm not talking about because of Coronavirus. I'm talking about obscuring your identity.

Saw a dude rolling down a washer/dryer combo on a pallet just out in the open on tv with no mask.

Reminded me of about maybe 20 years ago someone stole a tractor-trailer from like Circuit City or some store and it was loaded with appliances, parked it and then sold them for real cheap and people were just pulling them home.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
736F505D-5C85-48A8-8149-B23E7795CEF8.png
85B8581F-4070-48B4-86C1-81B59CE92B21.png
63F6309B-4206-445D-A1DF-B7CE9A662DEA.png
Apparently the Chicago zoo was broken into last night

Attachments

• A795B3D4-8E09-40E6-B382-12400B19B0D8.png
    A795B3D4-8E09-40E6-B382-12400B19B0D8.png
    518.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: orangey

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
'Sack the lot of them': Anger at Adolf Hitler prank and serial killer Dr Harold Shipman appearing in NRL cut-outs

What started as a feel-good story for diehard fans to show their support is quickly turning into a cluster of controversy for the NRL and Fox Sports.

With no crowds at games when the competition restarted over the weekend because of Covid-19, a new initiative from the NRL gave fans the chance to have their face on a cardboard cut-out in the stands.

Most of the images shown on TV broadcasts were good-natured but social media has been buzzing with outrage over infamous British serial killer Dr Harold Shipman appearing at Sunday's Panthers and Knights match.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It burns out in a few days.
Meanwhile, with all the video out there, expect numerous arrests over the next couple weeks.

I think curfew violators will get a slap on the wrist, but looters and vandals are looking at jail time.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Networking peeps - any reco's for a modem/router setup thats xfiniti capable, up to 1000MB? I had been reading that the Nighthawk c7000 was the 'go-to' but it apparently doesnt handle the increased speed, nor does it necessarily cover the entire area of the new house, unfortunately.
Good luck...they have all been looted.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
SO the question is....when does this and how does this end?

The police here are expecting it to be pretty bad tonight.

Probably just have to wait for them to tire out essentially I guess. They looted most of the key places here anyway to this point. Not a whole lot left especially with the pandemic changing normal business procedures.

Reactions: Tripod

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Hopefully we don't see them turn to burn down other locations. My best friends sister had to flee her apartment in Philly for they set fire to a few buildings right next to hers. Hospital I work for upped security and police since there are talks of protesters storming it (which I have no idea why they would)

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hopefully we don't see them turn to burn down other locations. My best friends sister had to flee her apartment in Philly for they set fire to a few buildings right next to hers. Hospital I work for upped security and police since there are talks of protesters storming it (which I have no idea why they would)

Pandemic is over anyway. :sarcasm:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So... twitter/bots/etc are somehow going with the conspiracy that the White House's fences were breached last night/this morning and the power went out at that point and these protestors have now vanished off the face of the earth. Am I getting that right?

What a time to be alive.

I also get a kick out of people that freak out about the police using suppressors thinking that they do exactly what you see in movies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So... twitter/bots/etc are somehow going with the conspiracy that the White House's fences were breached last night/this morning and the power went out at that point and these protestors have now vanished off the face of the earth. Am I getting that right?

What a time to be alive.

I also get a kick out of people that freak out about the police using suppressors thinking that they do exactly what you see in movies.
Once we see these deployed (ADS) I guess then we can worry a bit more..

BTW Peter Douchey was the perfect test subject.....what a jabroni

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

What a time to be alive.

stun.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Personally I think they just need to give the official warning that all protests are allowed 8am-7pm. Anyone on the streets after 8pm will be tear gasses and attested and assumed to be a looter/thief.

Then at 8pm, follow thru with that threat and actively go after the crowds. That way everyone is fair warned, given 1 hour to go home, then after that, it's your own fault what happens to you as you should be home. A few days of that and it would end it I would think.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad