All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XVIV: We're Goin Off The Rail On A Crazy Monorail

Best Fries?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This sort of chaos rewards conservatives.

But the people in these demonstrations have to take responsibility for "outing" the Antifa and avoiding marches in retail districts that are conducive to looting - unfortunately, strategy is as important as emotion if you want to make change, not merely vent off steam.

It's not enough for good hearted people to stand together, they have to also protect their message from those who would use them for nefarious purposes.

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0,39&q=Agenda+seeding:+How+1960s+Black+Protests+Moved+Elites,+Public+Opinion+and+Voting&btnG=

Yeats. Very nice.

giphy.gif

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
They are barely out there. Not just numerically, but in terms of organization. And yet they've become a bizarre boogeyman hyped up far beyond their actual reach or capability.

For reference, who is the leader of Antifa? Good luck naming one. It can't really be done because there is no leadership or organization to speak of. And yet we know who leads various white nationalist groups.
Lol at the people acting like it is some monolith and America's Hezbollah ....

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I'm going to keep this as apolitical as possible, but i need to vent to people who have a vested interest in the city, like i do.

I don't particularly care about property, and i'm absolutely in favor of the protests, even if i don't agree with the execution. However, i'm deeply saddened and borderline disgusted by the images i saw of the only city in the world i truly love. I know, things can be rebuilt. I know that things are likely sensationalized. I'm aware of all the things a rational thinker should consider when being this emotional.

I am also absolutely disgusted by our police force, our elected officials, and the like.

To make it clear, i'm only venting about Philly here. I don't want this to come off as some "he cares about property more than he cares about people" I've vented about how disgusted i am time, and time and time again regarding police brutality.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Shit is popping off in Washington D.C. right now. Peaceful protests there all day then agitators showed up at night and lit the fuse. Protestors in confronation right now with police in DC are actually mostly white. CNN camera man holding up credentials hit by an officer with a baton just now.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm going to keep this as apolitical as possible, but i need to vent to people who have a vested interest in the city, like i do.

I don't particularly care about property, and i'm absolutely in favor of the protests, even if i don't agree with the execution. However, i'm deeply saddened and borderline disgusted by the images i saw of the only city in the world i truly love. I know, things can be rebuilt. I know that things are likely sensationalized. I'm aware of all the things a rational thinker should consider when being this emotional.

I am also absolutely disgusted by our police force, our elected officials, and the like.

To make it clear, i'm only venting about Philly here. I don't want this to come off as some "he cares about property more than he cares about people" I've vented about how disgusted i am time, and time and time again regarding police brutality.

Agitators man. They f*** it all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad