All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XI: Will We Go Through A Thread This Weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
K guys. Legit some of the best fish I’ve ever had. Pretty damm fresh BC Wild King Salmon.

Baked spiced Yukon Gold potatoes and asparagus. Mid rare salmon - can see the pink in middle with paprika, caravay seeds and peppercorns.

Covered with Argentinian Cab Sav/Garlic mushrooms.

Fresh whole rosemary in pan during all cooking.

View attachment 343470

If you don't eat that whole sprig of rosemary, I swear to f***...

Reactions: flyershockey

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Brazil:

Scientists from the University of Sao Paulo, University of Brasilia and other institutions say the true number of people infected with the virus as of this week is probably as much as 587,000 to 1.1 million people(have reported 53,000 cases)

The health ministry said in a report earlier this month that it has the capacity to test 6,700 people per day.

Brazil becoming virus outbreak center as hospitals buckle

Revenge for blatantly destroying the rainforest.

Reactions: Asnito and Tripod

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Just fyi our internationally renowned flagship for the health system removed hydroxychloroquine from the COVID-19 treatment algorithm. We're pushing for its removal here too, talking to infectious diseases tomorrow

Before someone responds to this (which I won't be able to see anyway), the reasoning is the overwhelming evidence that it doesn't work. Because that's what medicine is based on. Evidence.

Last edited:

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Just fyi our flagship for the health system removed hydroxychloroquine from the COVID-19 treatment algorithm. We're pushing for its removal here too, talking to infectious diseases tomorrow

Before someone responds to this (which I won't be able to see anyway), the reasoning is the overwhelming evidence that it doesn't work. Because that's what medicine is based on. Evidence.

Thanks.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Brazil:

Scientists from the University of Sao Paulo, University of Brasilia and other institutions say the true number of people infected with the virus as of this week is probably as much as 587,000 to 1.1 million people(have reported 53,000 cases)

The health ministry said in a report earlier this month that it has the capacity to test 6,700 people per day.

Bolsanaro already got rid of the health minister and currently the government is in turmoil over the justice minister quitting. Brazil is going to suffer badly.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Beef Invictus said:
Don't know anything about alcohol either. I'm afraid of just about anything else right now, I figure Exxon and the like are too big to fail and have massive potential for rebounding.

Ok, was just curious. Sounds like you might consider buying into BA then?

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Yes, seriously.

I haven't been giving out infractions and we have been fairly lax about it all but i'm done at this point. I will start giving out infractions for people that want to bring up topics with no attachment whatsoever to the Coronavirus.

This isn't me shutting down you because you defend the guy and let others bash him. I'm just done with it all. This is a hockey message board. If you want to talk politics go on twitter.

TL;DR infractions will be given out for off topic Donald Trump conversation.

finaly, thx very much...

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I wouldn’t be surprised if we already had 10 million cases here. I really wouldn’t be shocked if it was closer to 50 million even. Friend of mine had similar symptoms to covid in February I believe including cough and loss of taste. This thing was prob in our area and confirmed in other areas long ago. It really is a good thing the 9ers coughed up the lead in the super bowel.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
This is going to be a hard lesson to learn....if it is learned. Also agree...it is not a one-off

Coronavirus came to New York from Europe, not China, governor says

Cuomo said as many as 2.2 million people took flights from Europe to New York and New Jersey airports in those two months, many of them likely carrying the highly contagious respiratory illness COVID-19.

“We acted two months after the China outbreak. When you look back, does anyone think the virus was still in China waiting for us to act two months later?” Cuomo said. “The horse had already left the barn by the time we moved.”

Cuomo said it was important that the country learns from the mistakes that were made because the virus could surge again in autumn or a new virus could emerge. “It will happen again. Bank on it. Let’s not put our head in the sand,” he said.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Honestly think Italy has the biggest gripe with China than any other country. But of course they also didn’t help themselves too.
Yeah, pretty much....COVID reparations could technically be demanded. I mean I don't know how much China could have contained it....so many different theories and stories about them suppressing info and all that stuff..... which I am sure happened and didn't help. I mean US could have been blamed for the Spanish Flu back in the day too...

Nonetheless, those wet markets don't help and they are not unique to China...

I guess people on the East coast should be attacking Italians now though....:whatever:

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Meh....nothing "special" about this flooooo

But seriously, yes posted an article in the previous thread about all the blood clotting problems COVID seems to be causing. Scary stuff...

I am honestly trying to remain positive but I had a bad feeling something very disruptive to human society was going to happen soon....didn't think a pandemic but something where our lives would never be the same. We are after all living in the midst of the 6th mass extinction event....

Earth's sixth mass extinction event under way, scientists warn

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Brazil:

That's not great for hopes that summer would knock this thing down for a while

Reactions: Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad