All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion IV: mmvvpp Memorial Thread

You may keep only one. The other will be deleted from existence.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
For anybody that ever has the option of cancelling a subscription via text......DO NOT DO IT! Worse than trying to break up with a girl over text.....

Today I cancelled my Sirius XM subscription because I hardly drive much and didn't want to deal with a more expensive automatic renewal. I tried calling them but they said their reps were all busy which is BS and that text was an option. I was like ok.....easy enough....please cancel my subscription.....well should have known.....became a back and forth grappling match. Asked why....how bout this...how bout that. I kept sending the word "cancel" over and over ...I swear it was about a half hour ordeal until the dude gave in and cancelled! Sheesh! Torture....on top of that got a 26 dollar parking ticket during a 5 minute stop at the bike shop ....forgot to put 50 cents in the meter. Sure enough the meter jerk who was probably hiding out under the car behind mine slapped me with a ticket....5 effin minutes! Crappy crap today....
My buddy that I golf with wanted to cancel too due to the price hike.

He told them it was because he lost his job due to Covid and needed to cut costs. They gave it to him for $4.99 a month and sent him a free tshirt.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
My buddy that I golf with wanted to cancel too due to the price hike.

He told them it was because he lost his job due to Covid and needed to cut costs. They gave it to him for $4.99 a month and sent him a free tshirt.
Yeah they offered it at that price for 6 months or something.. .I was just so irritated and I don't need it. No T shirt offer though so eff them even more...lol

Reactions: Tripod

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Really hope that more countries follow Icelands lead soon and have quick testing at airports you can pay for to avoid elongated quarantine...

Starting a new day-job at the start of October so the rules right now basically preclude me leaving the country... can enter loads of places in Europe with no restrictions...

but UK rules mean have to quarantine for 2 weeks from ~75% of places when get back (they change the list every week too, adding and removing). Which of course is unworkable when have a full-time job, even though my new role is home office, as have to go out and about and meet partners etc.

Would happily pay.

As it is if it stays like this it simply means that:

As I cant go to Portugal.
Girl I am seeing will be flying to the UK.
Spending ~5-6 days here at a time.
Annnnd just quarantine the whole time haha. (the rules allow that, and allow public transport to and from the airport...)

Buuuut right now our testing is being ran by companies who could not run leisure centres successfully, with an aristocrat jockey in charge who was "awarded" the post and has no qualifications to run anything... and predictably they are failing massively. They did not "forsee" extra capacity being needed despite schools and unis re-opening and people going back to work... and our track and trace system is failing too.

What happens when you spend billions lining your friends pockets with taxpayers money instead of getting proven PPE suppliers, test suppliers, experts to run systems and decide on strategy. Meritocracy? Hahahaha.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Really hope that more countries follow Icelands lead soon and have quick testing at airports you can pay for to avoid elongated quarantine...

Starting a new day-job at the start of October so the rules right now basically preclude me leaving the country... can enter loads of places in Europe with no restrictions...

but UK rules mean have to quarantine for 2 weeks from ~75% of places when get back (they change the list every week too, adding and removing). Which of course is unworkable when have a full-time job, even though my new role is home office, as have to go out and about and meet partners etc.

Would happily pay.

As it is if it stays like this it simply means that:

As I cant go to Portugal.
Girl I am seeing will be flying to the UK.
Spending ~5-6 days here at a time.
Annnnd just quarantine the whole time haha. (the rules allow that, and allow public transport to and from the airport...)

Buuuut right now our testing is being ran by companies who could not run leisure centres successfully, with an aristocrat jockey in charge who was "awarded" the post and has no qualifications to run anything... and predictably they are failing massively. They did not "forsee" extra capacity being needed despite schools and unis re-opening and people going back to work... and our track and trace system is failing too.

What happens when you spend billions lining your friends pockets with taxpayers money instead of getting proven PPE suppliers, test suppliers, experts to run systems and decide on strategy. Meritocracy? Hahahaha.
The US has XSPA getting up and running now in several airports on the east coast.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The US has XSPA getting up and running now in several airports on the east coast.

Oh, a lot of places in Europe have the option (in places where have quarantine rules)...

Iceland, Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Estonia, Greece, Malta, Russia... as well as some specific airports like Amsterdam.

just not the UK. Who have the most strict quarantine rules...

Reactions: Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
4C88D217-BB65-4667-99DE-A325126FAF9C.jpeg
E5430FE8-4086-42FA-B3C7-8154B9133737.png

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
On the SiriusXM note, I've been getting the same deal for the past 7 years or so: 6 months for $25 . I just set a calendar reminder to call them every 6 months and tell them I'm going to cancel unless I get the same deal I had. They'll go through their usual song and dance and tell me about 2 or 3 other offers, but I just keep saying I want the same deal or I'll cancel. They "go talk to their manager" and then somehow are magically able to give me the deal again.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
On the SiriusXM note, I've been getting the same deal for the past 7 years or so: 6 months for $25 . I just set a calendar reminder to call them every 6 months and tell them I'm going to cancel unless I get the same deal I had. They'll go through their usual song and dance and tell me about 2 or 3 other offers, but I just keep saying I want the same deal or I'll cancel. They "go talk to their manager" and then somehow are magically able to give me the deal again.
Yeah I have been doing just that for years but yesterday I got so fed up with haggling over text I lost it and just out of principle told them to outright cancel. I don't need the service even for an affordable rate anyway...

Reactions: Young Sandwich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad