All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion IV: mmvvpp Memorial Thread

You may keep only one. The other will be deleted from existence.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Film #30 on mine and my brothers list of 200 last night:

Perfect Blue (1997):

Just a fantastic film. Maybe in my top 50 all-time. Have now seen three Satoshi Kon films as part of the list and this and Millennium Actress are both amongst the top ~5, in my estimation, of the 30 so far.

Disturbing yet gripping throughout... not often you basically have no idea exactly what is going on in a film until 10 minutes from the end and still enjoy every second. I like Darren Aronofsky... but Darren Aronofsky wishes he was Satoshi Kon. :laugh:

Don't let it being an anime about a J-Pop idol put you off. It is amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigToe

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Film #30 on mine and my brothers list of 200 last night:

Perfect Blue (1997):

Just a fantastic film. Maybe in my top 50 all-time. Have now seen three Satoshi Kon films as part of the list and this and Millennium Actress are both amongst the top ~5 in my estimation of the 30 so far.

Disturbing yet gripping throughout... not often you basically have no idea exactly what is going on in a film until 10 minutes from the end and still enjoy every second. I like Darren Aronofsky... but Darren Aronofsky wishes he was Satoshi Kon. :laugh:

Don't let it being an anime about a J-Pop idol put you off. It is amazing.
Where are you watching all these movies at?

Reactions: Appleyard

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Halloween does blow. Never liked it

But Thanksgiving is the best. And I prefer cold weather. Especially considering its 110+ 5 months out of the year.
Glad you hate Halloween too. I love Thanksgiving, that's the only good thing about Fall.

Rest of it can go to hell

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Where are you watching all these movies at?

A mix of Amazon, Netflix and when not on those my 18 year old brother studies film... so has quite a few friends and is part of a forum for rarer stuff that is not on any UK based platforms etc.

But I *think* we actually watched Perfect Blue on Amazon.

Reactions: BigToe

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Accidentally did a targetted workout a few days back that left my adductor muscles pretty sore... like the only time have been left sorer is when did specific exercises targeting them like heavy leg-lifts and weighted cossack squats.

Moving to a different city for work... and dont know it that well, so went there to simply walk around for like ~7 hours to see the centre properly, some outskirts, see which places had the best vibe for me before really started targeting specific areas for apartments etc.

I forgot my belt. But whatever. Until after ~4 hours started to feel just a slight strain on top of adductors... whatever... and carried on.

Realised when I sat down on the train and then went to get up to get a drink that after 7 hours and ~20 miles of walking, my jeans being slightly lower meant that every step just ever so sliiiiighlty was equivalent to low level resistance band work and it had tired my adductors quite a lot. :laugh: The next day was pretty annoying... one of the more ridiculous accidental workouts I have ever done.

Reactions: Cody Webster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad