All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion - "I'm Not Sure What To Do With My Hands?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Did you watch the Season 3 Premiere of Westworld yet?

It was pretty f***ing good.

Oh and Season 4 of Dexter is quite possibly my favorite season of any TV show ever. It's that good.
Just saw that Westworld episode last night, shit is getting real!

Dexter up to the last 2 seasons was outstanding. The last 2, especially the final few episodes were just so disappointing.

Some other good ones:
The first 3 seasons of The Sopranos
The first 3 seasons of Cheers
Taxi
Any episode of Monty Pythons Flying Circus or Fawlty Towers
Carnivale (a true festival of weird)
I Claudius (it’s a Masterpiece Theatre mini series that’s incredibly well written and performed)
The Man in the High Castle

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Did you watch the Season 3 Premiere of Westworld yet?

It was pretty f***ing good.

Oh and Season 4 of Dexter is quite possibly my favorite season of any TV show ever. It's that good.
Thank god that character wanted off of the show to star in a one season cancelled abc channel show.
Easily one of the best seasons of any series.

Reactions: Rebels57

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
I'm on the 13th book of the Aubrey/Maturin series. This is a series where you do need a sailing manual to follow what's going on but it's still vastly better than Moby Dick in that regard.

All engagements are real, taken from records in the Royal Navy's archives. Which makes some of this stuff nuts. But then you remember that everyone had a mandated rum ration to ensure they got their lime juice and the borderline suicidal daring makes a lot more sense

Beef, if you haven't already, get a copy of

51k3hCRMQ2L._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I found it really helpful with all the unfamiliar nautical terms (for me, anyway) that O'Brian used in the series.

Lil' Beef and Boots the evil monkey are your karma for all these hot takes.

Speaking of boots, Das Boot, in the original German with subtitles, is fantastic. Makes a pandemic look like a stroll in the park.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Yes sir. Her school is the only school who decided to opt into cyber schooling. The entire faculty is f***ing pissed, because they have absolutely no plan on what to do. There was no plan beforehand, they are winging it day by day.

The faculty spent tbe entire day Monday at school issuing the computers to parents who came by and didn't have available tech. It's a public charter school. It's f***ed.
Millersville, PSU, Susquehanna, Bloomsberg, Temple I know for a fact are all online. Every college student I know is home right now that attend elsewhere not listed. Don't really know what you mean by one of the only

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So a friend of mine went on a ski trip with others this past weekend......I declined. Guy in her group just tested positive for COVID-19....she is feeling some chest pains. I told her to get tested! I mean I was putting out warnings to this group via our whatsapp chat group....nah....he's just being negative and a debbie downer. mmmkay.....

#staythefookhome

#don'tdohwhatitalydid

BTW I have a 3M N100 mask from when I do sanding...guessing this is just as good or better than an N95???

Reactions: phlflyer1

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Millersville, PSU, Susquehanna, Bloomsberg, Temple I know for a fact are all online. Every college student I know is home right now that attend elsewhere not listed. Don't really know what you mean by one of the only

Elementary level.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
My favorite type of people are the people who now are taking this seriously because people are starting to test positive around them, now that tests are much more readily available. Implying they didn't actually think it was here prior to that?

R9kMzaM.jpg

Reactions: phlflyer1 and pit

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
One of those was the last song written for the album, one was the first one. Which do you think?

But seriously, thank you, either way.

I’d say Sleeves being the last. Feels a little more free spirited. I like the violin or what sounds like violin to me anyway.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Your girlfriend is in elementary school?

No:laugh:

She teaches learning, emotional, and behavioral support at the elementary level.

No need to phone Chris Hansen.

On point, she mentions how all of her other teacher friends from other districts are at home and not involved with cyber schooling. Her school simply decided to go ahead with cyber schooling the moment Wolf shut down schools without even a single minute of her charter being prepared with or having a methodology in place for how they will go about teaching curriculum.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad