All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion III - Bald Is Beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney issues stay-at-home order to begin 8 a.m. Monday

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney is issuing a stay-at-home order to keep people from leaving home, except to get food, seek medical attention, exercise outdoors, go to a job classified as essential or other important errands that involve personal and public safety.

Kenney said it didn't seem that people were taking his request to stay home seriously and that he wanted "to ramp up the level of concern so people will get it in their heads that this is a serious epidemic and they need to stay home."

He would not say specifically how it will be enforced by police, however. The order is set to begin in the city Monday at 8 a.m.

How is this any different than what has already been ordered by the governor?

None of these states or cities are actually changing anything just adding fancier words with their orders.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Certain local news server made 5 Nicolas Cage movies available for people to have "a little easier isolation Sunday"

Which leads me to the question: are there actually at least 5 good movies with Nicolas Cage in them?
And just think....he has a Best Actor award.

Reactions: kudymen

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney is issuing a stay-at-home order to keep people from leaving home, except to get food, seek medical attention, exercise outdoors, go to a job classified as essential or other important errands that involve personal and public safety.

Kenney said it didn't seem that people were taking his request to stay home seriously and that he wanted "to ramp up the level of concern so people will get it in their heads that this is a serious epidemic and they need to stay home."

He would not say specifically how it will be enforced by police, however. The order is set to begin in the city Monday at 8 a.m.

i mean he is not wrong on people not taking it seriously. Washington Square was packed full of people as i headed into work. granted most of Center City wasn't as crowded as usual, but it isn't a ghost town that's for sure

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Anybody know what day of quarantine i'm on?

I feel like i've shaken almost all of my symptoms. The only lingering thing is tight chestedness. Breathing isn't the funnest, but it's SO much better than it was 5 days ago.

Watching Raging Bull last night. Jurassic Park the night before. I might do Citizen Kane tonight. Not sure.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Certain local news server made 5 Nicolas Cage movies available for people to have "a little easier isolation Sunday"

Which leads me to the question: are there actually at least 5 good movies with Nicolas Cage in them?
Gone in 60 seconds
Lord of war
Face off
The rock
Leaving Las Vegas
Raising Arizona
Con air
Windtalkers

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Anybody know what day of quarantine i'm on?

I feel like i've shaken almost all of my symptoms. The only lingering thing is tight chestedness. Breathing isn't the funnest, but it's SO much better than it was 5 days ago.

Watching Raging Bull last night. Jurassic Park the night before. I might do Citizen Kane tonight. Not sure.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Did you ever find out if you had Corona? Glad you are improving!

Reactions: Tripod

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

None of these states or cities are actually changing anything just adding fancier words with their orders.
“Look at all the good we’re doing”
“Now you peons can’t say that we didn’t do anything”

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

It was similar with our government - last Friday, they said "from now on, people wont be allowed to go out, aside from commuting to/from work, shopping groceries and pharmacies. Please dont go outside"

The following day, they said "We are more strict today. From now on, the whole country is put into the quarantine! That means basically people wont be allowed to go out, aside from commuting to/from work, shopping groceries and pharmacies. Please dont go outside".

When asked about what the difference is (when comparing measures taken on Saturday and Friday), the minister of internal affairs said "The difference is we are trying to tell people not to take this easily. You ask me what happens? People will go outside, make somebody they love very ill, that person will die and they will be sorry for the rest of their lifes. Thats whats going to happen"

I understand what he was trying to say there (or why), but that whole sequence made almost zero sense

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
We didn't have tests when i went to the doctor, so we just kinda assumed based on symptoms. I haven't had human contact (other than my girlfriend) for double digit days.

Even if i didn't, it was likely the right move.
Just curious....any of your symptoms involve a dull pain in your kidney area because that is what I have been feeling since last night..it won't go away. Don't want to self diagnose or engage in psychosomatic behavior but just seems not normal. Could be dehydration, kidney stones....hopefully not anything COVID 19 related as I have had only a sore throat off and on...some headaches which are not out of the norm for me, some "IBS" issues but no fever, chills, shortness of breath, chest pains or sniffles. A bit of a dry cough but minor.. Don't feel lethargic but this dull pain in my right kidney area is odd.....

Last edited:

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
I want pizza

giphy.gif

All this discussion of cutting hair. I think im going to grow my hair out and let my beard go. A quarantine beard will definitely be a thing.

My new look, in honor of Tom Hanks. :D

tumblr_nf5tgqcSkw1qe8pkxo5_r1_500.gifv

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I feel like someone could write a grad thesis on Nicolas Cage's career arc and acting abilities. He's a uniquely interesting character actor between his irregular cadence, hangdog face, and knack for the high-strung and manic. People latch onto some of his goofier high profile roles, but his 80s-early 2000s filmography is filled with gems and critical acclaim, many of which were listed above (I'll add Peggy Sue Got Married, Moonstruck, Red Rock West, Bringing Out the Dead, Matchstick Men). He didn't luck into an Oscar.

Mid 2000s he started morphing into caricature albeit still in major motion pictures, and by the 2010s his career has atrophied into a straight-to-video has-been. Every few years he'll sneak his way into a low budget offbeat part that earns him praise (Joe, Bad Lieutenant). But his artistic bankruptcy these days is matched only by his financial bankruptcy, which is why he accepts whatever paycheck is offered. I imagine his Hollywood marketability has taken a nosedive. But I'm surprised some famous auteur, like a Tarantino, hasn't tried to salvage his career with a meaty part.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
On another note after going back and forth this entire weekend about picking up The Show while being bored out of my mind.

I decided to go pick it up.

Best Buy is still open but they're not letting anyone in the stores. You can order it online and they'll do a "contactless" delivery to you in your car.

So for anyone that needs something from there but is afraid of being near people, you can do that option.

I'm going to download it tomorrow

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

So nothing different than what's already in place and you can do nothing to enforce it, cool. Carry on

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad