All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion III - Bald Is Beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Didn't even notice, by then the virus was already worldwide.

Vancouver has numerous ties with China, so do Silicon Valley firms, and numerous American companies have executives and managers flying back and forth (supply chain management). Lots of Chinese tourists go to Disneyland, etc. And lots of Chinese students in American universities.

So by January 30, it was about a month too late, and it would have required quarantining everyone who flew in from China, including Americans, for at least two weeks.

Did you notice the lines in the airports when they brought Americans back from Europe, great social distancing, no thermal thermometers to identify those with fever and separating them, etc. As usual, great preparation.
Why do you make sense when you don’t talk hockey?
Are temperature readings still a measure to determine quickly who may be infected? I thought it was noted that that’s easily tricked with over the counter medicine.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Weirdly one of the more annoying things about being back at my parents that I did not even consider...

cant smoke inside.

I mean, I am an infrequent smoker, rarely have more than one a day and probably 3-4/7 days do not at all, go weeks without as well... strangely one of the things I never got hooked on despite an addictive personality, maybe as I think it is an awful habit. But if I do at my own place just smoke out of the window if weather sucks. Here need to go outside.

Though caveat to that is how much I smoke directly relates to who I am with. If I am seeing a girl who smokes I certainly do more often. :laugh:
If you’re smoking one a day just quit and do yourself that favor dude.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
If you’re smoking one a day just quit and do yourself that favor dude.

Haha. I think I have to hand in my "European" card if I dont have one every 30 days. I think that is the rule.

But I mean, I have gone as much as ~2-3 years without one. When I run out at by the end of the week I wont have another until the end of the "quarantine"... or never again aha.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Finally watching Uncut Gems. This movie has me anxious as f***.

Yeh... if a film could be an anxiety disorder personified it is Uncut Gems.

Really enjoyed it (though would not go so far to say Sandler deserved an Oscar as some have... maybe a nomination, but Banderas was not nominated for Pain and Glory and was maybe even better.) but damn, just puts you on edge in a way films very rarely do.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Nothing from China can be used as any part of any equation. They hid the virus itself from the world for months. God knows what their actual numbers are.
You keep ignoring the initial question though, are you saying that 2/3rds of the population, and which population at that, are going to die or simply(as if simply fits in this context) gets infected?

their government hid the virus, our government didn’t take it seriously in its early stages and said it was a hoax and fake news about it getting bad. You would expect countries like China, Russia and NK to hide the facts.
This is supposed to be the greatest country in the world. Instead it is a daily narcissistic gong show. now we have to prove our worth to get help? f*** that noise. Cannot wait to have a adult handling crisis again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad