All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion III - Bald Is Beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Another vote for shaving it. Best thing I ever did.

Fresh haircut in minutes without leaving the house. You don’t have to go all the way down to nothing. I don’t Bic it, I just go with no guard on a proper barber razor. I thought my head was too blocky, but it’s not the case at all.

Yep! my semi-pro tips if @Carter Hart decides to do so:

1. Make sure to go back over the area where your neck and head join... just below bottom of skull, right in-line with earlobes. It is easy to miss some longer strands there and then realise hours later.

2. Around your ears take the guard off, flip clippers the other way and trim carefully, also lo0se hairs there can be a pain in the arse.

3. If something is ever so slightly not perfect first few times just realise that virtually no-ones heads are symetrical, and your hair grows in weird ways, some areas the opposite grain, some stick up etc... and dont just "try and even it up" if pretty darn unnoticeable. Not until had a shower, looked at it again anyway when settled. Being a perfectionist when cutting own hair results in one thing very quickly... a skin-head. :laugh:

4. Your crown is sacred depending on head-shape... try not to make any lines in that general area, has to be above or below.

5. Fading is way easier than people think, so long as have the right guard. Special guards for fading come with most clippers... so long as match up with lengths above and below fading guard will be fine.

6. First time you do the back be very careful. It takes a while to get used to everything being the opposite... and you will naturally move the mirror the wrong way to begin when trying to get a good look.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

1. Make sure to go back over the area where your neck and head join... just below bottom of skull, right in-line with earlobes. It is easy to miss some longer strands there and then realise hours later.

2. Around your ears take the guard off, flip clippers the other way and trim carefully, also lo0se hairs there can be a pain in the arse.

These are definitely deserving of the 1 and 2 spots. Finding a long spot is the worst.

I clean the bottom of my skull/neck with a disposable razor because it can be so hard to be sure you get it all. To avoid long spots, I trim everything up, then shower, then double check everything quickly with my hands afterward.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

3. If something is ever so slightly not perfect first few times just realise that virtually no-ones heads are symetrical, and your hair grows in weird ways, some areas the opposite grain, some stick up etc... and dont just "try and even it up" if pretty darn unnoticeable. Not until had a shower, looked at it again anyway when settled. Being a perfectionist when cutting own hair results in one thing very quickly... a skin-head. :laugh:

4. Your crown is sacred depending on head-shape... try not to make any lines in that general area, has to be above or below.

5. Fading is way easier than people think, so long as have the right guard. Special guards for fading come with most clippers... so long as match up with lengths above and below fading guard will be fine.

6. First time you do the back be very careful. It takes a while to get used to everything being the opposite... and you will naturally move the mirror the wrong way to begin when trying to get a good look.
I too cut my own hair...but use the electric clippers and use the 1 inch guard as my go to length in the winter. In the summer, I go a bit shorter.

Then whenever we go on a trip(usually down South), I use that time to go get it done by a professional....so normally 1 time a year(not this year).

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

I guess now would be a good time to try my hand...if I jank it up not many people would see it or I would just put on the hat when I ventured out. I have mastered shaving my neck and the two mirrors....but I still fear making it look like I got my hair cut by a baseball bat. My brother and father cut their own hair and it looks like it.....

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I guess now would be a good time to try my hand...if I jank it up not many people would see it or I would just put on the hat when I ventured out. I have mastered shaving my neck and the two mirrors....but I still fear making it look like I got my hair cut by a baseball bat. My brother and father cut their own hair and it looks like it.....

I want to stress that I have the artistic ability of a blind, deaf, mute toddler and I figured it out. You can do this.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Why do I get the feeling that he's going to say that he flew private so that's ok... like that makes it any better.
I'm actually kinda impressed...it's usually more difficult than that to be so utterly tone-deaf and that hypocritical without [seemingly] any awareness of what a massive chuffhead yr being

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
These are definitely deserving of the 1 and 2 spots. Finding a long spot is the worst.

I clean the bottom of my skull/neck with a disposable razor because it can be so hard to be sure you get it all. To avoid long spots, I trim everything up, then shower, then double check everything quickly with my hands afterward.
Same here. Buzz with either 2 or 3 and clean up with my beard trimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad